baja issues

Go down

baja issues

Post by dean on Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:49 pm

bpe wrote:a. Sunday night, my 6yo dog Hattie died from leptospirosis, a contagious bacterial infection transmitted to animals through infected rodent urine. We recently purchased a bunch of compost and the dogs would not stop eating it. It may not be the source but we canít figure out what brought it onto our property right here in central Los Barriles. After doing the autopsy and confirming lepto we had the other two dogs tested and my 10yo female tested positive for it! She is not showing symptoms but the incubation period is 3-22 days. Symptoms for lepto can parallel ehrlichiosis symptoms (as was Hattieís case). A blood test will confirm either bacteria so if you have any questions about the health of your dog, donít hesitate! Most importantly, both of my dogs that have contracted lepto had their vaccinations three months ago. Apparently it is a rare, virulent and dangerous bacteria strain that we could not possibly have known to prepare for. BUT, if you do catch it soon enough, a round of penicillin can make the difference and even save their life. Christine Rogers 141-0 home or 206-66 US cell

http://www.thebajaponyexpress.com/wp/2018/09/19/2899-092118/

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down