La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. Notary services like US Consular cabo

2 posters

Go down

U.S. Notary services like US Consular  cabo Empty Re: U.S. Notary services like US Consular cabo

Post by dean Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Change in Services Notice – U.S. Embassy Mexico City, Mexico (October 20, 2020)
Event: Change in Availability of American Citizen Services (October 20, 2020)
Effective October 20, the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City and Consulates General Guadalajara, Hermosillo, Matamoros, Merida, Monterrey, Nogales, Nuevo Laredo, and Tijuana will resume limited appointments for some routine passport, citizenship, and notarial services. Passport, citizenship, and notary appointment availability will be strictly limited due to physical distancing requirements in our offices and public waiting rooms. Each applicant requires their own appointment. All visitors to the embassy and consulates age two and older must wear a mask.
At this time, Consulate General Ciudad Juarez and Consular Agencies Acapulco, Los Cabos, Cancun, Mazatlan, Oaxaca, Playa del Carmen, Piedras Negras, Puerto Vallarta, and San Miguel de Allende, are only able to provide emergency services. Please contact these locations by email or call +52 55-8526-2561 for more information on the availability of emergency passport or notarial services at these consulates and consular agencies.
Appointments for passport and citizenship applications that require a personal interview (applicants under age 16, first-time adult passports, replacement for a lost or stolen passport, and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad) and for notarial services are available on our website. Due to the limited number of appointments available, there may be no openings visible on the website. If no appointments are available when you first check the online calendar, please keep checking the calendar for newly released appointments and daily cancelations. All appointments and openings are subject to change and cancellation based on local health conditions.
If you cannot find an open appointment and have urgent travel plans (within the next month) or another emergency need for a passport, please contact the location nearest you by email or call +52 55-8526-2561 to request an emergency appointment.
Actions to Take:
• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. To modify your enrollment and subscription to alerts, you must log in to STEP.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mexico.
• Learn about the latest status of consular operations at the Embassy, Consulates, and Consular Agencies.
Assistance:
• For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call (55) 8526 2561 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
• The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is located at: Paseo de la Reforma 305, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, 06500, Ciudad de México, Phone: +52-55-5080-2000, Fax: +52-55-5080-2005, E-Mail: ACSMexicoCity@state.gov
• State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
• Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.
• Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.
• Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.

dean

Back to top Go down

U.S. Notary services like US Consular  cabo Empty Re: U.S. Notary services like US Consular cabo

Post by dean Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:19 pm

www.safedocs.com

I ended up using Notarize.com & I can’t believe how easy it is to use!

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:15 pm

lpg wrote:I wanted to send out this information because the subject has come up many times on this site.

I needed to have papers notarized to close a US real estate  deal.   As I
have in the past, as has everyone else I know here that  needed a notary, I contacted the consulate in Cabo and made an  appointment.  I could not get an appointment until Aug. 18.  The  closing date was Aug. 8.  I contacted my realtor and the title company and  let them know it was out of my control and the closing would have to be  delayed.  I promptly got an email from my title company.  She said she  was going to contact the singing company they
work with and see what they could  do.   She then called me and said her
signing company has notary  connections worldwide.  Within 2 hours I had a call
from Spenser Brown  (located in Phoenix, AZ)    Very helpful gentlemen that
said he would  email his contact in Mexico City.  He called back shortly after
with an  appointment at 10 am for a notary the next day in  LAPAZ!!!!   I
explained that I had always been told that US  transactions required a US
notary.  He said that is not true, a notary is a  notary.   I went to the
Notary #30 in LaPaz on Mexico as instructed.   The signing took under 2 minutes.  
We then had to wait for 1 1/2 hours to  return to the notary office because the documents after signing needed to go to  a judge for signature also.  
That process had all been prearranged by the  signing company and the notary.
 When we returned the papers were ready  and we went directly to FedEx and
sent the paperwork with 2 day delivery.   Unfortunately it was a Friday so
the package was delivered the following Tuesday  but still in plenty of time for the closing.  At first there was some  confusion with the title company and the processors.  The title person  called Spenser he explained and answered her questions.  The papers were  promptly processed and have been recorded.  The sale was final and funds  being distributed this week.

This is extremely good information for many of us living outside the  US!!

The cost for using the signing company were paid by the title company and I  am sure will show up on the paperwork when I receive but in any case there was  no out of pocket for me.  I am not sure what they charge if you are
going  directly to them.  The notary in LaPaz charged $750 pesos ($42 US)  
The US consulate charges $50 US per page!  I had 3 pages to notarize so it  
would have been $150 US.   That is quite a savings.  Total cost  for
transaction with 2 day delivery came to $84 US  ($42 for notary, $42  for shipping).
If using the consulate is would have been $192 US.

Here is the contact information:

Spencer Brown  

Certified Signer  Nationwide

Last edited by dean on Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

U.S. Notary services like US Consular  cabo Empty Answers about US Notaries via BPE

Post by dean Sun May 25, 2014 5:30 am

Answers about US Notaries -
a.  You absolutely CAN get US paperwork notarized right here in LB! Just go to the Notaria in the Plaza del Pueblo and speak to Crystal, who is agent #22 of the only official notary in all Mexico. She is recognized under the Hague Act as a legal representative to stamp and hologram your documentation. In April we had her notarize our sale of WA property Title Exchange and it was completed and emailed to us as well as the original handed to us in 20 minutes to have mailed by a friend flying north. Within 3 days the transfer was finalized, no problema, you don't have to go all the way to San Jose! The notary fee is $50 USD, Crystal does this all the time.

b.      I notice lately that several people have requested information regarding finding a US Notary Public in the Baja. I am a US Notary Public, but I can only notarize documents in my own state in the United States. if a Notary Public is found notarizing ANY documents for ANYONE outside 0f their currently registered state and/or the United States of America, they are liable for federal indictment and/or a huge fine or both. So, if you need to have your documents notarized there is a Notary Public down at the Consulate in Cabo San Lucas. They have the authority to notarize documents as they alone serve the people of the United States in a foreign country.
     A Notary Public is sworn to uphold the law of her own state in the United States, and although you may need your documents notarized by a US Notary it is unair to ask someone in town to do you a favor and risk losing their privilege of being a US Notary. Not to mention the heavy fine and/or jail they will be facing. The US Consulate in Cabo is there to serve the United States citizens, use them.

c.  http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/legal-considerations/judicial/authentication-of-documents/notarial-and-authentication-services-consular-officers.html
d.  Here is a link to answer the question about a notary working in Mexico: http://www.asnnotary.org/?form=jurisdictionissues

e     Most notaries understand that they may perform notarial acts only within the geographic boundaries of their commissioning state. Some notaries, however, get confused about their jurisdictional limits for a variety of reasons.
     One misperception we address regularly is the thought that a notary commissioned in state “A” may notarize while geographically located in state “B,” so long as the document is for use in state “A.” The problem here is that the notary does not hold a notarial commission from state “B,” therefore he/she is not authorized to notarize there regardless where the document is to be used.   thecomputerguy

f.  You absolutely CAN get US paperwork notarized right here in LB! Just go to the Notaria in the Plaza del Pueblo and speak to Crystal, who is agent #22 of the only official notary in all Mexico. She is recognized under the Hague Act as a legal representative to stamp and hologram your documentation. In April we had her notarize our sale of WA property Title Exchange and it was completed and emailed to us as well as the original handed to us in 20 minutes to have mailed by a friend flying north. Within 3 days the transfer was finalized, no problema, you don't have to go all the way to San Jose! The notary fee is $50 USD, Crystal does this all the time.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:33 am

lpg
Other than the US Consulate in Los Cabos, your other option is https://signnow.com  an Online notary  service.. Online you ask? How is that possible?  
You have to use a web cam, provide picture documents and then you  are asked  pretty extensive questions relating to your credit report to prove  who you are.  Good in all 50 states Thank you to Bernie Anderson for proving this info to me earlier.

another one
https://www.notarycam.com/international/

Last edited by dean on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:00 am

lpg

I just received an email from US Consular Agent Trina Brown to clarify some information about Notarial Services for US Citizens in BCS. Trina says:

For US citizens not wanting to make the drive to Los Cabos to get their signature notarized at the Consular Agency, there is a 2-part option: They get their signature notarized by a Mexican notario publico in La Paz (or elsewhere is BCS), and then get the Certificaciones y Anuencias office in La Paz to attach an apostille to the notarized document to indicate that the Mexican notario publico is authorized to notarize. (It would be a good idea to run this by the final user of the document, before actually doing it.)

The basic concept is that Certificaciones y Anuencias deals with documents generated in BCS. Mexican citizens take their children's SEP documents there for apostilles, for example, before sending them to study abroad. (In other words: the office in LaPaz is not generally set up to have documents generated in another country notarized here.)

A brochure that describes apostilles can be found at: http://www.hcch.net/upload/abc12e.pdf

The US Consular Agency in Los Cabos is located on the lower level of the Shoppes at Palmilla (Tiendas de Palmilla), Carretera Transpeninsular Kilometer 27.5 just south of San Jose del Cabo. Telephone: 624 143 3566. We ask people to call before coming so that we can expect them.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:22 am

LPG
If you don't want to drive to the Consular Offices in Cabo, Monica Valenzuela of www.casa-baja.com offers a very good alternative for anyone needing US, Canadian or European Notary Services. She says:

"In my experience, for a government to recognize a foreign document it has to have an "Apostille" and you can get it at the "Palacio de Gobierno" in front of Chedraui on Catolica street. (Entering into the building there is a corridor on your right, first door on your left. Take your original document and two copies, fee is around $180 pesos per document. They will deliver the same day or a day after.)

The Apostille is a governmental certification of authentication that most countries provide (those who signed the Hague Convention). Canada didn't sign the agreement, but they do provide what is called an International Certificate of Identity which works as the Apostille.

Optionally, Canadians can make the long 3 hour drive to the Canadian Cosular office in Cabo San Lucas, although they are only open until 12:30 so you'll have to get an early start from La Paz. Also, the cost of their notary services is much higher than the Apostille /International Certificate of Identity, and according to the email I received from them, it's a drop-in service (no appointments).

In her message to me, Consular Assistant Miliza Perez said: "We do notarize documents here for Canadian Citizens, especially documents to be used in Canada. Please let us know what kind of document you need notarized; and if possible send us a copy of the document before you come"

Consular Agency of Canada
Plaza San Lucas
Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 0.5, Local 82
Col. El Tezal
23454 Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur - Mexico
Telephone: (624) 142-4333
Fax: (624) 142-4262
E-mail: lcabo@international.gc.ca
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm

dean

Back to top Go down

U.S. Notary services like US Consular  cabo Empty lost passport

Post by dean Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:47 pm

lost passport..

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79958.pdf

to report lost or stollen passport 202-955-0430 www.travel.state.gov

http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds64/ds64_845.html

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:57 am

http://tijuana.usconsulate.gov/tijuana/contact_us.html

Contact Us

To contact:

U.S. Mailing Address:
American Consulate General
P.O. Box 439039
San Diego, CA 92143-9039

Mexican Mailing Address:

Ave. Tapachula # 96
Colonia Hipodromo, 22420
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico

Location and visits for all U.S. Citizen Services:
Ave. Tapachula # 96
Colonia Hipodromo, 22420

Telephone:
(664) 622-7400
(Dialing from the U.S. 011-52 + phone number)

Visits for all Non-immigrant Visa Issues:
Address: Diego Rivera #2
Zona Rio, 22010

Telephone:
(664) 634-3045
(Dialing from the U.S. 011-52 + phone number)

Faxes:
• Public Affairs Section: (664) 681-8592
• American Citizen Services: (664) 686-1168
• Non-Immigrant Visas: (664) 634-3069
• Consul General: (664) 622-7625

E-mail:
• American Citizen Services inquires, including passports: ACSTijuana@state.gov
• Non-Immigrant visa inquiries: TijuanaInfo@state.gov

Office Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:00 - 16:45 hrs
except official U.S. and Mexican holidays

For hours of specific U.S. citizen services, visit American Citizen Services

In case of an after-hours emergency involving U.S. citizens, please contact the Duty Officer. From Mexico dial 001 (619) 692-2154, from the U.S., call (619) 692-2154.

Contact Consular Agency Cabo San Lucas

U.S. Consular Agency Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S.
Blvd. Marina Local C-4, Plaza Nautica, Col. Centro
Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., 23410
Telephone and Fax Number: (624) 143-3566

Office Hours: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday through Friday

E-mail: usconsulcabo@yahoo.com

In case of an after-hours emergency involving U.S. citizens, please contact the Duty Officer. From Mexico dial 001 (619) 692-2154, from the U.S., call (619) 692-2154.

dean

Back to top Go down

U.S. Notary services like US Consular  cabo Empty U.S. Notary services like US Consular cabo

Post by admin Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:54 am

from BPE

U.S. Notary services will be available at the U.S. Consular Agency in Cabo San Lucas on Sept. 3, 4, 8, and 9. Please call to make an appointment at 624 143 3566.
Sincerely,
Trina Brown
Consular Agent

U.S. Consular Agency Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S.
Blvd. Marina Local C-4, Plaza Nautica, Col. Centro
Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., 23410
Telephone and Fax Number: (624) 143-3566
E-mail: usconsulcabo@yahoo.com

Office Hours: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday through Friday

admin
admin
Admin

http://www.laventana.rocks

Back to top Go down