for today,,,

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic View next topic Go down

for today,,,

Post by dean on Fri May 28, 2010 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-PlatedCars into Mexico

Post by dean on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

http://yucalandia.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/new-requirements-for-bringing-foreign-plated-cars-into-mexico-banjercito/

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito
Posted on June 17, 2011 by yucalandia

The Mexican Ministry of Finance and Public Credit has issued a new decree affecting expats bringing foreign plated cars into Mexico: “New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito”. From the Banjercito website:

“IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) has issued a decree which states that beginning on June 11th, 2011 anyone applying for a temporary import permit for vehicles must make a deposit in the amount determined by the following table:

Vehicle Year Model:…….Amount to be paid in Mexican Pesos*
2007 and later…….USD $400
2001 until 2006…….USD $300
2000 and earlier…….USD $200

*Peso amounts are based on applicable exchange rate

This deposit is compulsory and can be paid by credit card, debit card, or cash (in US Dollars only).

Users must keep in mind that if the deposit is charged to a credit card, the charge will be made in Mexican Pesos and will be calculated based on the exchange rate of the day on which the payment is made. This deposit will be refunded to the same credit card on the next banking business day after the vehicle is fully returned and based on the exchange rate of that day.

The vehicle must be returned on time and within the time period stated on the temporary import permit. If the vehicle is returned after the stated time period, the entire deposit amount will be transferred to the Office of the Treasury on the day following the expected return date, as allowed by current law.”

Last Item:
Another clause in the new updated regulations requires FM2 Rentista and FM3 holders to notify Aduana within 15 days of when they renew their FM2 or FM3, otherwise Aduana is allowed to confiscate/keep these “new” deposits. Aduana’s address is listed in Yucalandia’s main article on cars in Mexico: “Importing & Driving a Car in Mexico”

This post is meant as a public service announcement (not meant as legal advice), so, we here at Yucandia will keep the post updated with further understandings and clarifications as they develop.

Feel free to copy while giving proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quiet

Post by dean on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 pm
great new product for noisy rooms

http://news.cnet.com/noise-quenching-curtains-open-window-to-quiet/8301-17938_105-20059612-1.html
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quietPost by dean on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 am
Water, I have tasted it when not brushing my teeth and it is not salty. My meter reads about 1750 ppm which is about 1000 ppm less of what we use to have. But the taste tells me it is it is lower. My meter reads correctly on bottled water about 40ppm so not sure.

bookmark this site/thread as I will add pictures and issues from time to time.

here is a picture of one of the water tanks by the shrimp factory that will have the de-sal water. you will bring your own jugs here to fill up. a real watering hole...

right now they have the de-sal hooked up to the city water, our water is good but not great, 560 ppm disolved solids. I was told by the workers the plant can do 300 cubic meters per day. that is probably about 1/2 our requirements in the summer and 1/3 when everyone is here. I was told another well will be dug for the desal plant. also they ran a three inch line to all these tanks.

here is the tank in progress picture

here is the first structure being built in the campground by a comercial business. note the total area via the orange markers.

second commercial business in the campground. not sure, coffee or taco stand. white building to the right of the gate.

the first arroyo to the north of the campground, the new concrete fence with barbwire to stop people from parking there?

and finally in parting, we had a real cloudy morning here a week or so ago, this is the sunrise...

and lastly here is my suggested air seperation piping to keep water bills low, i have a discussion of it in the water section under building in this forum.

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am; edited 9 times in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

from the view

Post by dean on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:14 am

Centennial Celebrations:

You are invited to the baseball stadium in El Sargento Friday November 19th from 8am till done. The local schools will celebrate the centenial by having dance performances, little centennial skits, other entertainment and food stands.

http://mexidata.info/id2779.html

++

The Telesecundaria #10 Invities you to attend the Centennial Celebration of the Mexican Revolution on Saturday November 20th at 6pm at the La Concha, the El Sargento public plaza they will have Mexican food, numerous presentations of performing arts, musica, a trampolin, and much more. No Faltes te divertiras!

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

mining in baja

Post by dean on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:09 am

from BWO

Concordia Gold/paredones Amarillos Gold Mine - This week Congresswoman Sonia Murillo presented an initiative before the State Congress to ban open pit gold mining, thermonuclear electric plants and any other industrial activity that endangers the environment of BCS. The initiative was passed and will be taken up for final vote next week. This is wonderful news as it will prevent the state and local governments in BCS from approving any permits or grant zoning to mines or industries that will endanger the environment. Thanks to everyone who continue to help with this important issue. - Agua Vale Mas Que Oro, info@aguavalemasqueoro.com, 612 145-0050

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

potential reason for the construction south of Ensenada

Post by dean on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:17 am

tip from Marko..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punta_Colonet,_Baja_California

Proposed Port

There is a proposal to turn the bay (Bahía Colonet) near Punta Colonet, a desolate and sparsely inhabited inlet, into a multi-billion dollar deep water mega-container port able to handle next-generation vessels.[1][2] The mega-port will cover 30 km² which more than 70 km², making it as large as the U.S. ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach combined. The projected multimodal maritime center would make Punta Colonet the largest port in Mexico and the third-largest in the world, after Singapore and Hong Kong.[3] Port operations will require a city of up to 200,000 people.[4] The project will require a new power plant and a desalination plant. The port will also require a 300 km plus (200 miles) rail line from the Port to reach the United States border and an intermodal facility.

On August 17, 2009, Mexico Transportation and Communications Minister Juan Molinar Horcasitas announced the project will move ahead, and that a new timetable would soon be issued. On October 8, 2009, Mexico’s Secretary of Communications and Transport Juan Francisco Molinar Horcasitas said the project would start with a reduced near-term plan to handle one million containers (TEUs) per year, a figure “viable in light of declining Pacific ship traffic.” This is down from the original target of 2 million/year. He also said that bids will be accepted in the range of $1-3 billion, and he reiterated that four groups of companies are expected to submit construction-and-operation bids.

On December 14, 2009, after two years of work and expenditure of $1 million, the Mexican government issued urban and port development plans for the coming mega-port at Punta Colonet. From today’s population of 9,000, Punta Colonet will grow to 48,000 within five years, and 230,000 by 2040, according to the planning document issued by the Urban Development Program of the Center for Population and the City Planning Institute of Ensenada.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Washington Post about US military helping Mexican troops bat

Post by dean on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:00 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/09/AR2010110907297_2.html

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

alaska adds 2 flights for winter

Post by dean on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:41 pm

per the baba citizen. nov 7 to march

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

San Antonio art fair

Post by dean on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:19 pm

nov 14
9am to 5pm

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Playa Central Beach Club

Post by dean on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:57 pm

New Restaurant In Town

Playa Central Restaurant & Bakery

Our bakery has daily fresh bread, pastries and pies, and serves breakfast and lunch.
Bakery hours: 7 am- 7pm
Our restaurant serves pizza, pasta and chalkboard specials. Full bar with mojitos, margaritas, wines, beers and other cocktails. We serve home made pasta!
Restaurant hours: 4:30 pm- 10:30 pm

Jessica, Olivia and Vivien, three sisters from Cozumel, run and manage both businesses. We make pizzas, wait on tables, are in the kitchen, and enjoy the people who come to eat our healthy and fresh food.

Other Services offered at Playa Central:
- Kite Lessons
- Yoga classes. Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00 am, Tuesday and Thursday 7:00 am.
- Sail shed for windsurfing and kiteboarding gear, monthly fees.

Location: Right next to the La Ventana Campgrounds, big yellow building.

Playa Central Beach Club
114 0267
612 152 3688
jessica@laventanakiteboarding.net

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

rincon opens

Post by dean on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:55 pm

WELCOME FRIENDS, SEASON 2010-2011, THE RINCON RESTAURANT ITS OPEN NOW..... THURSDAY FIRST DAY.... TODAY ONE MARGARITA FREE!!!
THANK YOU...
JOAQUIN LEON.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

general water

Post by dean on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:19 pm

talked to my neighbor today, he had bad news about the short term water situation. He talked to the head of the water department who is an elected official. Water department head is also a good friend of his daughter.

Before the water department guy told him that we would have better water. But things change. He now says we will not be gitting the new well. and he does want to charge 3 pesos per water jug filled. My neighbor told him directly that that is rediculous and stupid.

soat least we do have a reasonable Mexican voice telling the decision maker what I would assume is all of our position.

My neighbor said it will take someone else being elected to have a chance again. And he does believe we will see better water from our faucets someday.

I did not ask when the water department head election is.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

new shopping center by home depot

Post by dean on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:09 pm

http://www.theshoppes.com.mx/lapaz.pdf

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tested the water in the new water tanks

Post by dean on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:57 pm

I did a ppm test on the water tanks and the water was very good at 26 ppm last week. and drank some. no problems to report. i do not think they sterylize the water. when I was in the plant I did not see that type of equiptment.

I tested the water out of my city water and it is still 2000 plus ppm.

Last edited by dean on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

rain today

Post by dean on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:20 pm

had about 30 minutes of rain today, good soaker.. maybe about 1/4 inch.

looks like 4 people in the campground... better get down for front row...

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: for today,,,

Post by dean on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:46 pm

the road over the mountain now has stippes yellow and two white all the way from LaPaz to the T intersection.

what this also means is we can now drive back from LaPaz at night and feel way more safe with the oncoming brights blinding us. we can at least see the road stripes to know we are still on the road.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

road and background

Post by dean on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:32 am

the road over the mountain today had zero potholes. was amazing. they have re-paved most of the mountain. they have not done anything with the LaVentana road.

Was at a morning place and was again with the CFE area boss of LaVentana and a retired captain of the Marines. Their discussion is how they were so impressed with the present government, that more has been done with the present government than they have ever seen in their lifetimes. I have to concur with my limited time I have been here. They also brought up some old history trivia. It use to take 72 hours to ride a horse to Todos Santos from Lapaz. that before HWY 1 once a year they would get apples on Christmas. that when the people of LaPaz first got bread they did not know what to do with it and they put it inside a tortilla.

also reading one of the english papers in LaPaz, that the mayor is pressing the police. She has set up the first " cultural sensitivity" classes for police about dealing with tourists. How they are the front line on how people will view the area. That word travels far in how people are treated. and that LaPaz wants to be a friendly tourist encounter. She plans on more of these.

I will like to add there have been many complaints about the shakedowns. Here is how I dealt with it. In LaPaz the locals did not wear motorcycle helmets which is a law in Mexico. and I have never liked helmets. So did not wear one and was getting pulled over all the time, i just refused to pay, was very polite about it and made jestures/jokes about the entire thing always smiling and laughing without insulting. This always took time and patients. But I always offered to the officers to come to my casa in LaVentana and have a cervasa with me, and would tell them on sunday whenor when they did not have to work. Again to me a universal gesture of friendship have a beer with someone.... Gave them a map and my phone number and they would show up sometimes with 3-4 of them, and sometimes with their family. It was great because all the motorcyle police officers now knew me in LaPaz. and when they would see me they would ALWAYS pull me over, just to say hi. One time I was in my truck dropping off my mother and aunt in LaPaz at a hotel and I was double parked and all the sudden all these police came converging, my mother and aunt got so worried because they heard such bad things about the police. I told them these were my friends, I do not think my mother believed me. I then introduced my mother and aunt to the police. And my friends the police gave them the royal treatment, and told my they would take care of my double parked truck and one helped me with the luggage. what more can anyone ask for. Over the years some have moved up in rank and are no longer petroling and others were transfered so they have not been out in years. I will run into one in the supermarket and he will say hi. I know if any of these that were promoted ever saw me in the station they would come to my rescue.

Now a days I do wear a helmet in LaPaz as my friends are not out there and I just do not have the time. the last one i did not know took me 30 minutes before he gave up on me. So my suggestion is make a friend have a beer with the police. BTW some only drank coke.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

low cost UV for water

Post by dean on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:33 am

Water filter and purifier; I was at Home depot today, (BTW a very large strip mall is being built next to HD.) they have a low cost system for filtering tap water. This system has a small battery operated UV device to sterilize harmful germs bacteria. It claims it is 99% effective. Then a media type replacable sediment and carbon filter. About 900 pesos.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:54 am

potentially great news on the water front.

Just taked to my Mexican neighbor to my south with the big house, the political guy's house. (some call it general's house which is NOT correct)

He ran into the water department chief in LaPaz last week. The water department head is good friends with his daughter.

My neighbor did ask him what is going on with the good vs bad water and so on. And the water guy did tell my neighbor we would not have the good water as it was being changed. He informed my neighbor that in 2 months we will all have good water at our houses as another well will go online. I asked where this well would be from and my neighbor said he had not asked that question.

He also said the water in the 3 water tanks I pictured below will be good enough for drinking and is different than what will be in the pipes to our houses. He also said they will not be charging for the water at the large tanks. and this is as close to the horses mouth I think we will ever get in this town.

FYI i bet we will have good water, as my neighbor said this water guy does own a piece of property in our area....

I will still buy the bottled water for drinking.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:25 am

here are some more pictures of a close up of the shrimp factory tank caged in... (it is not hooked up yet) the other locations of the new tanks... one by the town party center, one by the newer hardware store.

From what I was told yesterday Saturday, the west side of the road may have the better water right now. The east side we have the old water at 2300 ppm. I did not test this persons water, just rerporting on what one person said. It is easy to tell when brushing your teeth. The water tanks are not in opperation yet.

[b][img][/img]

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun May 30, 2010 2:33 pm

as of today the water from the city system is back to the old 2300 ppm disolved solids. And we are back to high pressure again.

I tested my bottled water and it is 18 ppm

and tested some water from San Bertolo I got from a spring today and that was 230 ppm

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Fri May 28, 2010 11:18 am

whats happening in the area...
by dean Today at 11:11 am

.The hurricane season predictions by NOAA are out… good news for us,

NOAA: 2010 Eastern Pacific Hurricane Season Outlook
Issued: 27 May 2010

http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/Epac_hurr/Epac_hurricane.html

NOAA’s 2010 Eastern Pacific Hurricane Season Outlook indicates a 75% chance of a below-normal season, a 20% chance of a near-normal season, and a 5% chance of an above normal season..
dean

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

for today,,,

Post by dean on Fri May 28, 2010 11:05 am

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-PlatedCars into Mexico

Post by dean on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

http://yucalandia.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/new-requirements-for-bringing-foreign-plated-cars-into-mexico-banjercito/

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito
Posted on June 17, 2011 by yucalandia

The Mexican Ministry of Finance and Public Credit has issued a new decree affecting expats bringing foreign plated cars into Mexico: “New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito”. From the Banjercito website:

“IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) has issued a decree which states that beginning on June 11th, 2011 anyone applying for a temporary import permit for vehicles must make a deposit in the amount determined by the following table:

Vehicle Year Model:…….Amount to be paid in Mexican Pesos*
2007 and later…….USD $400
2001 until 2006…….USD $300
2000 and earlier…….USD $200

*Peso amounts are based on applicable exchange rate

This deposit is compulsory and can be paid by credit card, debit card, or cash (in US Dollars only).

Users must keep in mind that if the deposit is charged to a credit card, the charge will be made in Mexican Pesos and will be calculated based on the exchange rate of the day on which the payment is made. This deposit will be refunded to the same credit card on the next banking business day after the vehicle is fully returned and based on the exchange rate of that day.

The vehicle must be returned on time and within the time period stated on the temporary import permit. If the vehicle is returned after the stated time period, the entire deposit amount will be transferred to the Office of the Treasury on the day following the expected return date, as allowed by current law.”

Last Item:
Another clause in the new updated regulations requires FM2 Rentista and FM3 holders to notify Aduana within 15 days of when they renew their FM2 or FM3, otherwise Aduana is allowed to confiscate/keep these “new” deposits. Aduana’s address is listed in Yucalandia’s main article on cars in Mexico: “Importing & Driving a Car in Mexico”

This post is meant as a public service announcement (not meant as legal advice), so, we here at Yucandia will keep the post updated with further understandings and clarifications as they develop.

Feel free to copy while giving proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quiet

Post by dean on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 pm
great new product for noisy rooms

http://news.cnet.com/noise-quenching-curtains-open-window-to-quiet/8301-17938_105-20059612-1.html
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quietPost by dean on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 am
Water, I have tasted it when not brushing my teeth and it is not salty. My meter reads about 1750 ppm which is about 1000 ppm less of what we use to have. But the taste tells me it is it is lower. My meter reads correctly on bottled water about 40ppm so not sure.

bookmark this site/thread as I will add pictures and issues from time to time.

here is a picture of one of the water tanks by the shrimp factory that will have the de-sal water. you will bring your own jugs here to fill up. a real watering hole...

right now they have the de-sal hooked up to the city water, our water is good but not great, 560 ppm disolved solids. I was told by the workers the plant can do 300 cubic meters per day. that is probably about 1/2 our requirements in the summer and 1/3 when everyone is here. I was told another well will be dug for the desal plant. also they ran a three inch line to all these tanks.

here is the tank in progress picture

here is the first structure being built in the campground by a comercial business. note the total area via the orange markers.

second commercial business in the campground. not sure, coffee or taco stand. white building to the right of the gate.

the first arroyo to the north of the campground, the new concrete fence with barbwire to stop people from parking there?

and finally in parting, we had a real cloudy morning here a week or so ago, this is the sunrise...

and lastly here is my suggested air seperation piping to keep water bills low, i have a discussion of it in the water section under building in this forum.

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am; edited 9 times in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic View next topic Back to top