La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for today,,,

+5
tejana
admin
roxiepool
covertcode
dean
9 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty for today,,,

Post by dean Fri May 28, 2010 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-PlatedCars into Mexico

Post by dean on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

http://yucalandia.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/new-requirements-for-bringing-foreign-plated-cars-into-mexico-banjercito/

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito
Posted on June 17, 2011 by yucalandia

The Mexican Ministry of Finance and Public Credit has issued a new decree affecting expats bringing foreign plated cars into Mexico: “New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito”. From the Banjercito website:

“IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) has issued a decree which states that beginning on June 11th, 2011 anyone applying for a temporary import permit for vehicles must make a deposit in the amount determined by the following table:

Vehicle Year Model:…….Amount to be paid in Mexican Pesos*
2007 and later…….USD $400
2001 until 2006…….USD $300
2000 and earlier…….USD $200

*Peso amounts are based on applicable exchange rate

This deposit is compulsory and can be paid by credit card, debit card, or cash (in US Dollars only).

Users must keep in mind that if the deposit is charged to a credit card, the charge will be made in Mexican Pesos and will be calculated based on the exchange rate of the day on which the payment is made. This deposit will be refunded to the same credit card on the next banking business day after the vehicle is fully returned and based on the exchange rate of that day.

The vehicle must be returned on time and within the time period stated on the temporary import permit. If the vehicle is returned after the stated time period, the entire deposit amount will be transferred to the Office of the Treasury on the day following the expected return date, as allowed by current law.”

Last Item:
Another clause in the new updated regulations requires FM2 Rentista and FM3 holders to notify Aduana within 15 days of when they renew their FM2 or FM3, otherwise Aduana is allowed to confiscate/keep these “new” deposits. Aduana’s address is listed in Yucalandia’s main article on cars in Mexico: “Importing & Driving a Car in Mexico”

This post is meant as a public service announcement (not meant as legal advice), so, we here at Yucandia will keep the post updated with further understandings and clarifications as they develop.

Feel free to copy while giving proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quiet

Post by dean on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 pm
great new product for noisy rooms

http://news.cnet.com/noise-quenching-curtains-open-window-to-quiet/8301-17938_105-20059612-1.html
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quietPost by dean on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 am
Water, I have tasted it when not brushing my teeth and it is not salty. My meter reads about 1750 ppm which is about 1000 ppm less of what we use to have. But the taste tells me it is it is lower. My meter reads correctly on bottled water about 40ppm so not sure.

bookmark this site/thread as I will add pictures and issues from time to time.

here is a picture of one of the water tanks by the shrimp factory that will have the de-sal water. you will bring your own jugs here to fill up. a real watering hole...

right now they have the de-sal hooked up to the city water, our water is good but not great, 560 ppm disolved solids. I was told by the workers the plant can do 300 cubic meters per day. that is probably about 1/2 our requirements in the summer and 1/3 when everyone is here. I was told another well will be dug for the desal plant. also they ran a three inch line to all these tanks.

here is the tank in progress picture
for today,,,    - Page 6 Water_tank_shrimp_factory-600x337

here is the first structure being built in the campground by a comercial business. note the total area via the orange markers.
for today,,,    - Page 6 Whos_business_in_campground-600x337

second commercial business in the campground. not sure, coffee or taco stand. white building to the right of the gate.
for today,,,    - Page 6 Toco_stand-600x337

the first arroyo to the north of the campground, the new concrete fence with barbwire to stop people from parking there?
for today,,,    - Page 6 Arroyo_fence-600x337

and finally in parting, we had a real cloudy morning here a week or so ago, this is the sunrise...
for today,,,    - Page 6 Fire_in_the_sky-600x337
for today,,,    - Page 6 Sunrise_1-600x337

and lastly here is my suggested air seperation piping to keep water bills low, i have a discussion of it in the water section under building in this forum.
for today,,,    - Page 6 Air_seperation_1v2-600x337

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am; edited 9 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty Re: for today,,,

Post by dean Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:53 pm

i found the link for getting the refund from the government SAT website

Tax refund for foreign tourists

​Foreigners visiting Mexico on a tourist visa can obtain the refund of tax* that has been retained in the acquisition of merchandise, in commerce established in our country, whenever the following requirements are met:

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t284-airport-use-tax-refund-and-duty#2977

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty fill out and print your customs declartion form before you a

Post by dean Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:39 pm

fill out and print your customs declartion form before you arrive...

http://www.sat.gob.mx/English/Paginas/default.aspx

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:02 am

http://www.gizmag.com/bondic-uv-liquid-plastic-welder/35085/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=3563cd17ca-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-3563cd17ca-90245106

for today,,,    - Page 6 Bondic-2

Perhaps you've had one or more of the following experiences when trying to stick items together using super glue: the glue sets before the objects can be properly aligned, it won't set fast enough, or it hardens inside the bottle once it's been opened. Well, Bondic is claimed to have none of those problems. It's described as a "liquid plastic welder" that sets within four seconds, but only once it's been exposed to an included UV light.

First of all, adhesives that are cured using ultraviolet light have indeed been around for some time. They typically require users to supply their own UV light, however, and thus are usually limited to industrial or even medical applications.

By contrast, Bondic comes with its own UV LED that sits on the end of a reusable cartridge filled with the liquid plastic.

The liquid is applied via a needle-type applicator, to items made out of materials including plastic, metal, fiberglass or wood. It can then be worked with until users have got everything set up the way they wish. They then just shine the light on the liquid for four seconds, which is reportedly all that's required to cause it to harden.

Users shine the UV light on the liquid plastic for four seconds, which is reportedly all t...
Along with simply joining things together, this technique also allows successive layers of the plastic to be laid down one on top of another, in order to fill gaps. Once a gap is filled, the hardened plastic can be sanded, polished or painted as needed.

A kit containing one applicator, light, and 4-gram tube of the liquid plastic can be purchased for US$22.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty splashdown of the Orion capsule in the Pacific Ocean off the

Post by dean Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:56 am

http://www.gizmag.com/orion-splashdown/35077/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=3563cd17ca-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-3563cd17ca-90245106

Another chapter in the history of spaceflight was written today at 8:29am PST, as the EFT-1 mission ended with the splashdown of the Orion capsule in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Baja California. Though designed to carry astronauts into deep space, the Orion was unmanned for the flight, which was planned to certify the spacecraft and test critical flight systems.

The Orion was launched earlier today at 7:05am EST from Space Launch Complex 37 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station atop a United Launch Alliance Delta IV Heavy booster on a four-and-a-half-hour flight. The launch was delayed from its scheduled Thursday liftoff due to a sudden rise in local winds that exceeded safety parameters, followed by a pair of valve malfunctions.

The capsule and its dummy service module flew on a two-orbit trajectory that took it farther than any man-rated craft since the Apollo 17 mission in 1972. At its highest altitude, Orion traveled 3,600 mi (5,800 km) away from our planet. When it returned to Earth, it was moving at a speed of 20,000 mph (32,000 km/h) and generated temperatures reaching 4,000⁰ F (2,200⁰ C).

Splashing down in the Pacific 270 mi (435 km) off the coast of Baja, it is awaiting recovery by specially-trained US Navy divers in Zodiacs from the USS Anchorage assisted by the salvage ship USNS Salvor. Once the craft is determined to be safe, it will be brought aboard Anchorage before being taken ashore and transported by road to the Johnson Space Center in Houston. Over the next few weeks, scientists and engineers will assess data from its telemetry and flight recorders.

NASA says that the next flight of the Orion will take place no later than 2018, when it will be launched using the agency's Space Launch System (SLS).

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty two new ATMs

Post by dean Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:36 pm

I could see two new ATMs in the club ceralvo front doors by the palm trees. Not that I can tell if they are operational at this point.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:14 am

Seahorse incorporates your bike into a human-powered airboat

http://www.gizmag.com/seahorse-human-powered-airboat/35009/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=c3cfb7cc82-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-c3cfb7cc82-90245106

Back in the early 90s, MIT's Prof. Mark Drela created a motor-less hydrofoil known as the Decavitator. Using nothing but his own leg power to turn the craft's 10-inch air propeller, he got it up to a speed of 18.5 knots (21 mph/34 km/h), breaking the human-powered water speed record in the process. Inspired by the Decavitator, aerospace inventor Russell Randall created his own pedal-propelled airboat called the Seahorse – and you can now buy one of your own.

for today,,,    - Page 6 Seahorse-human-powered-airboat

According to Randall, the Seahorse is faster than a traditionally-paddled canoe or kayak, plus it can move backwards simply by reversing the propeller's rotation via a handlebar control. Users can also install an optional sail and use it as a regular catamaran, without the bike.

Two main versions of the Seahorse are available. There's a 14-foot (4.3-m), 25-lb (11.3-kg) polyethylene model that goes for US$$3,900 with the air propeller, or $4,400 with both air and water props. The longer 18-foot (5.5-m) version is made from fiberglass, and goes for $4,400 with an air prop or $4,900 with both. For around $7,000, it's also possible to get a carbon fiber 18-footer.

see more innovative pedal style kayaks at

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t574-water-pedal-boats

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Just read a thread in nomads about a person claiming they were arrested for having a small pocket knife in TJ.

I did not know the below...
From US consualte.

http://tijuana.usconsulate.gov/tijuana/warning.html

If you carry a knife on your person in Mexico, even a pocketknife . . .

You may be arrested and charged with possession of a deadly weapon;
You may spend weeks in jail waiting for trial, and tens of thousands of dollars in attorney’s fees, court costs, and fines;
If convicted, you may be sentenced to up to five years in a Mexican prison.
Claiming not to know about the law will not get you leniency from a police officer or the judicial system. Leave your firearms, ammunition, and knives at home. Don’t bring them into Mexico.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty Los Planes to El Cardonal, Los barriles coast road

Post by dean Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:21 pm

from baja nomads...

a note, I drove this road about May on a motorcycle, it was "ok" then, any truck with clearance could do it with 2WD. seems the recent events changed that.

Los Planes to El Cardonal, Los barriles coast road

I took the road headed east from Los Planes going over a mountain pass and down to the coast. I was driving a stock Kia Sportage 2 door, with 225/75/15 tires and 4x4 with manual hubs. Be cause of some front axle issues, I used low range 2wd for crawling through most of the washed out areas.
This road was in bad shape before Odile from old storm damage that had never been repaired, and it is even more challenging now.
A couple of miles up the east side of the pass is an area with some large boulders that will absolutely stop any rig that is wider or longer or has less clearance than my Kia! Only heavy equipment or some creative field engineering is going to move those rocks.
I spent a lot of time in second and third gear low range crawling over rocks and wash outsbut was able to do it in 2wd until one point where I could not keep all four wheels on the ground. Since I had to get out and put my hubs in, I threw a couple of large rocks in the trough to keep from crushing my rocker panels or oil pan. You're welcome!
The road is like that for about seven miles, and is better suited for ATVs and dirt bikes, but I had fun, and the scenery was worth it.
If you take that trail, be prepared, you probably won't see anyone else.
From about five miles north of El Cardonal to Punta Pescadora is actually pretty good dirt, and recently graded so no washboard.
From Punta Pescadora to Lose Barriles on the coast road has been opened, but not repaired very much. It is rugged 2wd road with a little rock crawling and a couple of tight spots.
If you are driving a low rider or land yacht, you can still drive the twelve mile or so paved road between Los Barriles and El Cardonal. The road was poorly designed and constructed, so there are pot holes, rock falls and washed out shoulders to watch out for but you could drive anything on it.
Hope this helps! G.L.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:49 am

Subject internet… This season potentially is going to be even worse than last years internet. We have a bottleneck due to the amount of data bandwidth one repeater link can send. With that in mind adding new bandwidth demands will only hurt us. The reason is facebook, facebook has added the video stream that automatically streams video. I have never had the critical problems others have reported, but a month ago had some friends from Guadalajara visiting and they had their smart phones on (just 2 people). They had them on facebook and it basically made my internet crawl like others reported. If this happens where people come down and turn on facebook which default is to download these videos, on a community basis we will be really in trouble this winter, much worse than last year. So what we need to do as a community is ask all people to disable the auto download of the videos feature in facebook. Next ask/beg people to download movies up north and not down here. Ask people to not watch youtube if it is not critical important. It does not hurt to ask.. If people can get others to do this just this year we can get by another season where people can email and such with no problem. And next year we hope they do hook up the fibrer-optic, and call and complain about your speeds is also good to do. If people want videos it would be nice if someone started a video share like the campground does or rental program.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty USA to TJ airport bridge to open in October...

Post by dean Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm

crossing cost not finalized, but if you think about it a Bus is about $10.00 to the Otay crossing and you can be in line for a bit there.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/jul/14/cross-border-bridge-airport-tijuana-san-diego/

for today,,,    - Page 6 Thebridge_r620x349

OTAY MESA — A cross-border pedestrian bridge linking San Diego with Tijuana’s A.L. Rodríguez International airport is set to open next summer, the project’s U.S. developer announced Monday.

The privately funded and operated $120-million project would create a port of entry limited to toll-paying airline passengers that is unique on the U.S. border. It consists of an enclosed 390-foot-long bridge with divided north/south corridors that will allow passengers to walk across between the United States and Mexico, avoiding lengthy lines at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa ports of entry.

A news release from the developer, Otay Tijuana Venture, LLC, said the project will be named “Cross Border Xpress.” The statement did not discuss the price of the toll, but previous estimates have ranged from $13 to $17 per passenger.

http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/330748/Building+Construction/Groundbreaking+Crossborder+Airport+Terminal+Linking+Tijuana+to+San+Diego+Breaks+Ground

Sheppard Mullin client, Otay Tijuana Venture, announced this week that a cross-border pedestrian bridge linking San Diego with Tijuana's A.L. Rodríguez International airport will be set to open next year. The project, which began in 2008 when Otay Tijuana Venture purchased the land in Otay Mesa, involved Presidential permits in both countries as well as unique Public Private Partnerships with U.S. and Mexican customs and immigration authorities.  It is the first project to connect a U.S. facility with a foreign air terminal.

The privately funded and operated project will create a port of entry limited to toll-paying airline passengers that is unique on the U.S. border. It consists of an enclosed 390-foot-long bridge with divided north/south corridors that will allow passengers to walk across between the United States and Mexico, avoiding lengthy lines at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa ports of entry. The bridge will connect the airport to a 65,000-square-foot structure on Otay Mesa that will include retail shops and restaurants, airline customer service counters , and short and long-term parking facilities. It will also include an area where U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers would process passengers.

The construction of the Terminal and connecting bridge is funded in part by a loan from Bancomext (Mexico's development bank) and Banco Invex. This is the first time that  Mexico's development bank has made a loan to a U.S. based developer for a project based in the U.S. and collateralized primarily by assets located in the U.S.

Sheppard Mullin advised Otay Tijuana Venture in all aspects of the development including land use matters, corporate structuring and  cross border tax planning , as well as negotiation of the financing agreements, leases and  construction contracts.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:28 pm

oscaritos II is now open and stocked with our favorite items..... Where the Star mini super was next to baja craft coffee.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:04 pm

The Governor of Baja California announced today the suspension of the pilot program, where tourists that were staying longer than 7 days, were being charged $23 dollars. The suspension comes in response to strong opposition by community stakeholders with concerns of negative impacts to Baja California's tourism industry. Even though Mexican legislation for this registry and fee has been in place since 2012, the pilot for implementation started a few days ago in Otay Mesa.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:28 am

The San Antonio Art Festival is on Sunday, Nov. 16, Arts, Crafts, Food, Entertainment, in historic San Antonio. 9:30 AM to 4 PM. Come on and join the fun.
==========================================

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:36 am

Jose' wanted me to tell you his market is going to open shortly (update it is open now), his brother will be living here in ES full time so the hours of the store will be consistent.. He will post specials here under his section.

And you can again order things from COSTCO and they will be here in about a week. He will have organic products too. Place your order for COSTCO items before you arrive and he will have them in the store that is open 6 days a week. I am receiving the mushrooms, cheese and so on today from COSTCO.

His location is across the street of the fish market in ES, on the dirt road.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:56 pm

want a rumor....

Santa is coming to town.... ecobajatours is coming to town?    Did you see them in front of my place....

I talked to them today and they are considering Los Planes route vs all the lights on HWY1 on their schedule.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:46 pm

BWO

Airport Warning - My wife landed in Cabo at 2pm on US Airlines flight Number 536 on Oct 28th on her way to Todos Santos. She said she received a green light thru Security but before she could depart the doors she was called back by 2 female security agents and they wanted to check her bag containing her documents fanny pac and her wallet, while one detracted her the other one stole $710.00 US dollars from her wallet. She was in a hurry to meet her ride and did not notice her money was missing until she reached Todos Santos. Anyone else have this problem? ☞ George Masters, g_masters@sw.ca, Todos Santos

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:56 am

for today,,,    - Page 6 Baja_amo_2011331_front

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty Vance would become Hurricane last morning

Post by dean Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:56 am

for today,,,    - Page 6 Mapita-1414771438_637x330

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty runaway puppy

Post by admin Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:21 pm

I was puppy sitting and went to the beach and Sols, 3 month old chocolate boxer with collar broke her chain and got away.  She will not know which way to go to get to Sol’s home it is t far..     Her name is Shasta but being that young only answers to her mother.     She is very friendly and afraid of many things.     Description is chocolate brown very cute boxer will not harm anyone.  Tends to want to lay her head on your foot and sleep when meeting you the first time.     Please contact Sol or me 114-0202 Dean

well Shastas big adventure came to a close at 10pm.      I think she has learned her lesson, she also got to know what a jumping choya is.   and then went to the nearest home for help after that stinging incident.      she was found 5 houses away when the owner got home from dinner.     He did not have a way to contact Sol so went to this site to see if he could find a way to contact her, and saw my notice here. you can imagine how happy mother was to have her baby back.
admin
admin
Admin

http://www.laventana.rocks

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty LV tested deet free mosquito spray

Post by dean Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:24 pm

If someone is going to buy this please order 2 extra for me and one for Sol. contact me first please...

Someone was nice enough to bring down several mosquito repellents so I could test them.     Santiago is allergic to deet, so with the issues going on i wanted to find something for him.    well again thanks to you northerners bringing things to us residents of the sur.   well i can recommend  this product which is deet free.     I did a test with two people me and another friend who are both mosquito magnets to the AE dangerous mosquito in our town.    we stood there and had mosquitos all over our legs uncovered.     then we one at a time put it on and it was like magic.    

I had tried another one that did not work this morning.    

but here is the one o buy if you do not like deet.  again what is important is this works for two of us against the mosquito that can carry dengue.     $6.99

http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Wilderness-DEET-Free-Mosquito-Repellent/dp/B00LEPD1A6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414203318&sr=8-1&keywords=guardian+deet+free

Guardian™ Wilderness DEET-Free 8-Hour Mosquito & Tick Repellent, 4 fl. oz. Pump Spray
by Tyratech, Inc.

for today,,,    - Page 6 81HDuRMzfxL._SL1500_

I am testing a bo bo one oo but need to find some bo bos first.   i do not have them bad.

Last edited by dean on Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty pay in Mexico and baja

Post by dean Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:21 pm

warning this is google translate.....  can someone who reads spanish chime in:   
am I reading this correct that minimum wage is 2000 pesos per month right now? 
 is that they want to raise the minimum wage per day from 78 pesos to 82 pesos?    

In BCS over 30 thousand people earn 2,000 pesos per month: STPS

La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS). On BCS 30 thousand people earn the minimum wage, which for the area A of the country, where the average peninsula is located, is 67.29 pesos a day, while about 70,000 reach two minimum wage, according to information from the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare (STPS) in the state.
José Luis Perpuli Drew , head of the agency, was in favor of the query that recently conducted theNational Action Party ( PAN ) in order to increase the minimum wage in the country, however showed that it is necessary in BCS conduct a study to support increased as necessary, as it did recently the head of government of the Federal District (DF), Miguel Angel Mancera , that under the document " Recovery Policy Minimum Wages in Mexico and the Federal District " plans to raise the minimum wage, which is equal to the average peninsula, to 82 pesos.
"We are a sovereign state," he recalled, the secretary, also showing that it is not necessary that a national increase was implemented so that the action is taken on the local, showing that one way to support a rise in this area would "make the calculation productivity as available ", achieving proportionate progress.
"In Baja California Sur there are people who earn more washing cars and begging on the streets than having a real job [...] In the case of DF is doing a university project, is a formal document, with many types of studies, and needs to be done here in Baja California Sur just one. "
A curious fact: the monthly salary of a worker receiving the minimum is usually 2,018 pesos in Zone A of the country, while each deputy in BCS win 88,000 pesos, which is a difference of 4,260%.
The sixth paragraph of Article 123 of the Political Constitution of the Mexican States , "the general minimum wage must be sufficient to meet the normal needs of a householder in the material, social and cultural, and to provide education compulsory for the children. "

La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS). En BCS 30 mil personas ganan el salario mínimo general, que para la zona A del país, donde se ubica la media península, es de 67.29 pesos al día, mientras que cerca de 70,000 alcanzan dos salarios mínimos, según información de la Secretaría del Trabajo y Previsión Social (STPS) en el estado.
José Luis Pérpuli Drew, titular de la dependencia, se mostró a favor de la consulta que realizó recientemente el Partido Acción Nacional (PAN) con el fin de aumentar el salario mínimo en todo el país, sin embargo mostró que es necesario que en BCS se realice un estudio para sustentar el aumento que sea necesario, tal como recientemente lo hiciera el jefe de gobierno del Distrito Federal (DF), Miguel Ángel Mancera, que bajo el documento “Política de Recuperación del Salario Mínimo en México y el Distrito Federal“, proyecta elevar el salario mínimo, que es igual al de la media península, a 82 pesos.
“Somos un estado soberano”, recordó, el secretario, mostrando además que no es necesario que se implemente un incremento nacional para que la medida se aplique en lo local, mostrando que una forma de sustentar una subida en este rubro sería “hacer el cálculo según la productividad que se tenga”, logrando avances proporcionales.
“En Baja California Sur hay gente que gana más lavando carros y pidiendo limosna en las calles que teniendo un trabajo formal […] En el caso del DF lo está haciendo una universidad el proyecto, es un documento formal, con muchos tipos de estudio, y es necesario que se haga aquí en Baja California Sur uno igual”.
Como dato curioso: el salario mensual de un trabajador que percibe el mínimo general es de 2,018 pesos, en la zona A del país, mientras que cada diputado en BCS gana 88,000 pesos, lo que es una diferencia del 4,260%.
Según el apartado sexto del Artículo 123 de la Constitución Política de los Estados Mexicanos, “los salarios mínimos generales deberán ser suficientes para satisfacer las necesidades normales de un jefe de familia, en el orden material, social y cultural, y para proveer a la educación obligatoria de los hijos”.
http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/en-bcs-30-mil-personas-ganan-2000-pesos-al-mes-stps/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:11 pm

karen wrote:Is there any other option besides Pablo's for internet in the campground?
I am not in the campground to know of any but since I am close i do not see any other strong signals in the area.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty Internet

Post by karen Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:57 am

Is there any other option besides Pablo's for internet in the campground?

karen

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:32 pm

I do not know what happened today, but there was no internet and phone all morning.     But I just downloaded a 15 meg file and it was the fastest download I have ever experienced in LaVentana.

update a day later.... ok a day later and back to not so fast, so must have been no-one else in town was using the internet.
admin
admin
Admin

http://www.laventana.rocks

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:09 pm

for today,,,    - Page 6 Arroyos-la-paz

the past rains in LaPaz this year.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:45 am

actually a real cool night... wow in october...  

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29629761

Is reheated pasta less fattening?

Well we were fairly confident the cold pasta would be more resistant than the stuff that had been freshly cooked and we were right.

Just as expected, eating cold pasta led to a smaller spike in blood glucose and insulin than eating freshly boiled pasta had.
Continue reading the main story

“Start Quote

Our leftovers could be healthier for us than the original meal”
Dr Chris van Tulleken
But then we found something that we really didn't expect - cooking, cooling and then reheating the pasta had an even more dramatic effect. Or, to be precise, an even smaller effect on blood glucose
In fact, it reduced the rise in blood glucose by 50%.
This certainly suggests that reheating the pasta made it into an even more "resistant starch". It's an extraordinary result and one never measured before.

I have always wondered why reheated pastas seem to taste better.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:23 am

no garbage pick up since before the hurricane.

today the 15th they picked up garbage......

Last edited by dean on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:49 pm

using google translator, so may not be perfectly accurate.   Also to say Lapaz airport is that busy sounds a bit off vs the other destinations.   

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/celebridades-gastan-hasta-50-mil-dolares-diarios-al-visitar-los-cabos-sectur/

Tourism Minister today showed that the number of visitors in the BCS grows 11.4% annually, adding that the visit of one million 700 thousand tourists was recorded, hoping to close 2014 with a million 800 thousand in 2013.
Regarding La Paz, the official said that growth in the first six months of the year was up 20%, which is a record and translates into about 350 thousand visitors by air, which equals airports as of AcapulcoIxtapa and Cozumel .

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty cabo airport opens to us flights is official...

Post by dean Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:45 am

front row of campground now full, i was just emailed...

From BPE  about first flights back to CABO airport from USA.

Amazing!!!  So with quite a bit of trepidation, I headed down to LA to attempt to fly to the airport at Cabo San Lucas. The airport has been closed to international flights since the hurricane hit, and my flight was to be the first international flight in to SJD. I booked this flight on Alaska Airlines 5 months ago - pure happenstance that this turned out to be the first flight into SJD.
   Driving down the 405 through LA was all fucked up, and took me over 3 hours from Santa Barbara. I did not arrive at LAX until almost 9 AM for my scheduled 10:10 departure. And, I had 5 boxes/bags and a dog to check! Alaska folks got it done, and I was at the gate with 10 minutes to spare.
     The flight down was as normal - beautiful views of the peninsula, with lots of stormy clouds mid way from the latest tropical depression.
   As we approached SJD, the scenery was quite beautiful, with the desert and mountains vivid green. The arroyos are still flowing, lots lot water!
    The mood on the plane was festive, conversations loud and boisterous. As we touch down, a spontaneous hooping and clapping began, obvious that all on board were aware of the specialness of this first flight into SJD. Very cool, but the best was yet to come……
     I was sitting on a left side window seat, and as we approached the jetway, I could see lots of ground personnel taking photos and clapping, with lots of “thumbs up” directed to us. Very cool, still the best was yet to come…..
     As we walked up the jetway, I could hear hoots and clapping… Upon reaching the terminal building, there was a tunnel of airport employees clapping and yelling, high-fiveing all the passengers as we departed. Some were handing out ice-cold coronas and water, all were handed a bag with t-shirt and other goodies, and a mariachi band was playing off to the side!!! It was truly a touching experience - I have never felt so welcomed.
     The trip through customs was uneventful, with the red/green button functioning as usual. I will say that today was the fastest I have ever made it though that process, but your results will vary I am sure…
     I had arranged transport to Los Barriles 5 months ago on the eco-baja shuttle, but had not been able to contact them, and assumed a $100 cab ride was on the agenda. Nope - the shuttle was there, waiting for me. Simple and easy.
    Everything at Verdugos is good. My palapa is fine, needs a good cleaning (tomorrow, Smokey’s tonight). Sat down with Martin for half an hour at the bar, all good there.
     Looking forward to fresh fish for dinner in the near future…..   ack Whaley
from BPE

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:48 am

6.2-magnitude Quake Rocks Cabo

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A 6.2-magnitude quake struck Tuesday northeast of San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The earthquake was about 6.2 miles deep.
The epicenter of the quake was off shore, between the Baja California peninsula and mainland Mexico.
There have been no immediate reports of damages.
http://news.kron4.com/news/6-2-magnitude-quake-rocks-cabo/

I also started a section that only logged in members can see regarding mosquitoes and their effect.   .   
http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t602-test-to-see-if-this-is-members-only   

Athena's mediterranean cuisine....  Gyro too... 

Athena's mediterranean cuisine https://www.facebook.com/don.crudos best restaurant bar in baja... great food great service parkin lot wi-fi     

Athena will open for the first time in La Paz this next Saturday at 630 pm. They are next to Otra Vez on Madero at cinco de mayo. Pay for your drinks but Alan and Cludo send out menu samplers at no charge as their way of introducing themselves to the community.   Les
LPG

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:59 am

For some new old videos I just found of baja in the raw....
http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t229-some-local-pictures-old-and-new

and for today....

The flu and pneumonia immunization clinic is scheduled for Sat. Nov 29 beginning 9:30 am in the Vista Room at Marina de La Paz. 
(In past years, a signup sheet is posted in the Club Cruceros clubhouse a couple of weeks before the clinic, and the cost is 50 pesos per shot. I'm sure we'll get more details closer to Nov 29.)
According to Susan Ross, the shingles shot is not given then.  If you want to contact Dr. Tuchmann about immunization, contact him directly at 612 157 0126. 

lpg

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:37 pm

actually received some rain today, this evening.  Nothing major but it did get the sand wet.  BoBos are out of hand in some areas and mosquitos too.   I do not have many bobos in my place but as soon as I walk out of the gate gee what happened.     Make sure you have your full mosquito items.  A person in who just arrived found his two pila covers missing on his roof in LaVentana with mosquitos readily able to breed there and were.    He borrowed my ladder and poured bleach in and put the covers on.   So all property owners it is your responsibility to deal with issues now not later.    I was at another Johns house two evenings ago and not one mosquito going after me and he is the edge of El Sargento village behind it to the west.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:19 am

8am  ok real humid today and overcast..

campground front row now at about 90% full.

3pm and still not a drop of rain.   but soooo humid...  it was overcast all day till now we actually have some direct sun sneaking through.

11pm, just had a few drops around dusk.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:41 pm

been spectacular weather lately...

about half the front row of the campground full.   

town coming alive with coffee shop opening.    M restaurant making preparation to open.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:18 pm

lpg

Beginning Oct 16 and ending Nov 30th  the city has approved a larger than usual discount of 30% plus an additional 15%.   If your tax amount is 1000 pesos, a thirty percent discount saves you 300, reducing the tax amount to 700 pesos. With the additional 15% off, another 105 pesos in deducted, leaving the net tax at 595 pesos, a savings of 405 pesos.  If you share this information and I hope you do, please do not quote a discount of 45% because it is not. If the discount were to be 45%, the savings would be 450 pesos. The actual percentage discount is 40.5%, all in all a good deal.   In the press release, Nothing was revealed about paying on line, paying with credit card or paying at OXXO  Les

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:49 am

several have asked if I can sell them the Keyboard organizer for their tablets when they get down here in Mexico.     I can not because I do not have inventory down here.    You need to ordr it over the web at my site www.mykeyo.com or on amazon  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJ0LCSO  email me and I can give you a free shipping code for my website.   yes it is a fully functional bluetooth wireless keyboard for all tablets and cell phoneswith storage, and many colors available, and silicone base that will not scratch any surface.   

for today,,,    - Page 6 51PLE79MTNL

also makes a great gift.....   I also have a lower cost model on amazon in plastic.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FC2FENO

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:05 am

we have internet..............................      in LaVentana... I will do a speed test later..............

we also have phones/land lines

Last edited by dean on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:24 am

added more in the hurricane:: 2014 section with some pictures of the day and days after.

A note about bees, I was invaded by a colony of bees the day after the hurricane... that wanted my outdoor kitchen for a few days.   In a cabinet.   I did not want to kill them and I did not want to live with them.   What I did is gave them some hurricane.     I put a Centrifugal blower fan in front of them blowing into the crack they were using to enter.   I hooked it up to an extension cord so when I powered it up I was far away and could watch.      And when I powered it up from 30 feet away. I could tell very quickly they were not enjoying the hurricane well tropical force winds.    They decided to move somewhere else within a short period of time.  

San Ysridio Border Crossing  -  Courtesy of Baja On The Fly Report:

Accustomed to waiting in line for hours, on Wednesday, September 17, 2014, many drivers sailed through the busy border crossing within minutes!  The expanded capacity in the primary inspection lanes means that U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the agency charged with operating the port of entry, now has at its disposal twenty-five (25) rebuilt inspection lanes with total of forty-six (46) booths. And that’s just the beginning: By January 2018, the port is expected to grow to 34 lanes with 63 booths!

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:30 pm; edited 4 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:25 pm

if you are a camper you will be fine...  

if a homeowner I would not come till there is electricity.    

we have bottled water, trucks are delivering water as of saturday.  see my post under hurricane. 2014   http://www.la-ventana.info/t591-hurricanes-2014

we do not have much damage.   very minimal.   that is why we may not be high on the list for getting fixed.  

next time I hope to post some pictures, I just do not have time because I am not in LV.

warren just arrived in the campground, says road is fine a few slow parts...

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty LV update

Post by femmecyclist Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:46 pm

dean wrote:i have power and at least i did not have to search for my phone line.   report in hurricane section

Hi Dean, I have casita in LV, super worried about my friends, my neighbor is Dona Mari she runs Lupitas Lavenderia, her husband drives the school bus (can't miss that!) Lady who watches my place is Luz, her bro is Lalo the sports fisherman, he's over by campground.

Do you all have electricity again, potable water, road from La Paz open? Reports say not to visit for a while?

I have read a few posts by LV kiteboarding site, sounds like damage was not anything serious?

Thanks
Femmecyclist

femmecyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:04 pm

i have power via generator and at least i did not have to search for my phone line.   report in hurricane section

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:59 pm

it is hitting about 30-45 mph heavy rain will post in the 2014 hurricane when I can

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty Hurricane Lisa 1976 that killed ovr 3800 in LaPaz

Post by dean Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbCk1_ee9AQ

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:08 pm

i will post on the 2014 site when the hurricane is giving us effects.    Luckily as presently projected it will be low tide.    So beach damage is more minimal.  But the rain amounts potential is very heavy.    

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/MIATWDEP.shtml

HURRICANE ODILE NEAR 17.9N 106.5W 962 MB AT 0300 UTC SEP 14
MOVING NNW OR 335 DEG AT 10 KT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 95 KT
GUSTS 115 KT. NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION WAS WITHIN
210 NM SE SEMICIRCLE. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WAS
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM. ODILE IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE RAINFALL
AMOUNTS OF 5 TO 10 INCHES WITH ISOLATED TOTALS OF AROUND 15
INCHES IN AREAS OF MOUNTAINOUS TERRAIN ACROSS THE MEXICAN STATES
OF BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR...COLIMA...JALISCO...AND WESTERN
MICHOACAN. THESE RAINS ARE LIKELY TO RESULT IN LIFE-THREATENING
FLASH FLOODS AND MUDSLIDES. SWELLS FROM ODILE WILL AFFECT
PORTIONS OF THE SOUTHWESTERN COAST OF MEXICO DURING THE NEXT
COUPLE OF DAYS...AND WILL BEGIN TO AFFECT SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF
THE BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA AND THE SOUTHERN GULF OF
CALIFORNIA ON SUNDAY. THESE SWELLS ARE LIKELY TO CAUSE LIFE-
THREATENING SURF AND RIP CURRENT CONDITIONS. PLEASE CONSULT
PRODUCTS FROM YOUR LOCAL WEATHER OFFICE. ODILE IS EXPECTED TO BE
A MAJOR HURRICANE WHEN IT PASSES NEAR OR OVER THE SOUTHERN BAJA
CALIFORNIA PENINSULA. SEE LATEST INTERMEDIATE PUBLIC ADVISORY
UNDER AWIPS/WMO HEADERS
MIATCPEP5/WTPZ35 KNHC AND
FORECAST/ADVISORY UNDER HEADERS
MIATCMEP5/WTPZ25 KNHC FOR MORE
DETAILS.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty first camper arrived in the campground,

Post by dean Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:34 am

I think two days ago.  and wisely they are not unpacking...

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:04 am

10 am storm is hitting, first winds hitting at about 25mph onshore.   will post pics later.

see the pictures and all other posts on this storm ODILE
http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t591-hurricanes-2014

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:41 pm

a good read

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/05/05/the-hunt-for-el-chapo?printable=true¤tPage=all

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty Uncovering the Dryland Biodiversity of the Cabo Pulmo Region

Post by dean Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:28 pm

here is a study by several universities that Punta Arena be a preserve added to cabo pulmo national park it include it...   

http://nextgensd.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Cabo-Pulmo-Report_Final.pdf

Executive Summary

A week-long survey of the lands adjacent to the coral reefs of Cabo Pulmo in Baja
California Sur in November 2013 documented the terrestrial biodiversity of these lands
(392 plants, 44 mammals, 29 reptiles, and 95 birds, of which 42 have formal conservation
recognition as endangered species under Mexican NOM-059). The area of highest
conservation importance, Punta Arena, is in the proposed core development zone
of Cabo Dorado. Contained within the 11 square kilometers of Punta Arena are two
unique habitats, two micro-endemic plant species only known to occur within these
habitats, threatened species of shorebirds and waterfowl, and nesting sea turtles. We
propose an extension of the boundaries of the Cabo Pulmo National Park to incorporate
the lands and waters of Punta Arena to protect irreplaceable forms of life and the coral
reef ecosystem of the region. Several specific conservation recommendations and future
research and long-term monitoring actions are presented that will help conserve this
biodiversity hotspot.

Priority Areas
The region of greatest importance is the triangle of sand that includes Punta Arena, the
dunes, las lagunitas, and the matorral árido espinoso—the area at the center of the proposed
Cabo Dorado development. It is an area of great fragility and endemism, unique
locally and globally, with the narrowly endemic plant Bidens cabopulmensis and five
endemic reptiles on the coastal dunes, and regionally unique matorral árido espinoso
plant community with the only known habitat of the narrowly endemic Pisonia calafia
and the only recorded locality for the deer mouse (Peromyscus maniculatus) on this
expedition. The lagoons are seasonal wetlands that provide foraging habitat for a number
of waterfowl and shorebirds, as well as a suite of plant species unique to the region.
Nesting turtles (Olive Ridley) were observed on these beaches where snowy plovers and
least terns maintain healthy populations and likely breed here in spring.
To protect the unique biology of Punta Arena, we recommend an extension of the
boundaries of Cabo Pulmo National Park to encompass the full extent of the terrestrial
habitat and the surrounding waters of Punta Arena (see Conservation Map, p. 45). The
Punta Arena habitats are derived from and sustained by the geomorphological processes
of sand and sediment outwash from the nearby Santiago River, deposited by ocean currents
that created and maintain Punta Arena. Alteration of these physical oceanographic
processes through development will undermine the sustaining processes for the unique
biological diversity found here. Development of Punta Arena would increase sediment
loads in the coastal waters that would be transported via currents to the coral reefs of
Cabo Pulmo just to the south, jeopardizing this singular ecosystem (Trasviña-Castro et
al. 2013). Exploration of the sandy coastal bottoms in the waters off Punta Arena is still
needed to document the marine biodiversity and potential impacts to it.
The Cabo Pulmo Region continues to face ambitious development projects that aim
to share the natural wealth of the region with tourists and potential landowners. It is
critically important to identify the areas of greatest biological importance to maintain
the unique biodiversity of these lands – the very essence that makes them so attractive.
The lands of Punta Arena, like the coral reefs of Cabo Pulmo, represent just such a priority
area.

FYI, this is a different Punta Arena than the LaVentana valley one.

Last edited by dean on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty article on dengue

Post by dean Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:59 pm

http://octavodia.mx/articulo/54915/dengue-imparable-en-la-paz-ssa-se-deslinda

No reported cases here in LaVentana that I have heard of, but people go to LaPaz and we have workers from LaPaz working construction, but in general it has cooled down and construction workers wear long pants so less of a threat than people who go to laPaz for shopping or a movie..  

Time to have your caretakers go through your property and take care of any containers that may have water standing in them.   

if you go to LaPaz or Cabo make sure you put mosquito repellent on you legs!!!!.    This includes movie theatres.   People should bring down extra deet in case there is a run on it.   and make sure you have other items like netting, malathion and so on for back up.

http://octavodia.mx/articulo/54736/piden-comparecer-a-secretario-de-salud-por-problema-del-dengue
people should not stop in this area of Loreto unless they make sure they have mosquito repellent on...    and not sure where in Constitution.   best if you get out of your car for gas spray it on...   again in general most people only the legs.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty Mexico’s Telecoms Reform: Its Impact Has Been Underestimated

Post by dean Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:36 pm

[size=32]Mexico’s Telecoms Reform: Its Impact Has Been Underestimated, Experts Say[/size]

http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/events/past-events/mexico-s-telecoms-reform-its-impact-has-been-underestimated-experts-say

Six weeks after President Enrique Pena Nieto signed Mexico's telecommunications reform law, hundreds of government, business, and academic leaders met in Mexico City to discuss its likely impact at theInternational Forum on Telecommunications Reform, organized by the Atlantic Council's Adrienne Arsht Latin America Center.

The telecommunications bill was approved amid a number of other ambitious reforms, most notably the opening of Mexico's energy sector.

"The impact of the new telecommunications laws on the everyday lives of Mexicans has been underestimated. Of all the reforms approved over the past year, this is one that will impact every Mexican household as greater competition takes hold in the sector and service offerings improve, as the cost of such essential services becomes cheaper in the near future," said Peter Schechter, director of the Arsht Latin America Center.
"Dramatic changes will be arriving in telephony, broadband, and television in the coming years," Schechter said.
As foreign investment pours into Mexico to improve infrastructure, enhance competitiveness, and lower consumer prices, the telecommunications reforms likely will be felt quickly by Mexicans.

The reform laws are expected to open the country for the first time in history to foreign investment without limitation, promote rapid modernization, and adaptation of new technologies.

Already many international corporations are enthusiastic about the investment opportunities under the new law.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 6 Empty Register to vote absentee

Post by dean Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:49 am

USA Registration Deadline Approaching - USA citizens... Time to register to vote all.  I believe you may need to do this every year.  To get an absentee ballot and register states have different requirements.

For me with Nevada I have to have it in by October 14.  I also was lucky, Nevada I could send it by email vs. mailing it.  And Nevada allows me to vote with an online download and email it in when we vote.

Here is the general federal site that allows you to fill out the form online and then mail it, or as I did email which I went to my county to find the email address to mail it to. 
for today,,,    - Page 6 FAPb5sg
http://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fwab2013.pdf

dean

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next