for today,,,

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

for today,,,

Post by dean on Fri May 28, 2010 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-PlatedCars into Mexico

Post by dean on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

http://yucalandia.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/new-requirements-for-bringing-foreign-plated-cars-into-mexico-banjercito/

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito
Posted on June 17, 2011 by yucalandia

The Mexican Ministry of Finance and Public Credit has issued a new decree affecting expats bringing foreign plated cars into Mexico: “New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito”. From the Banjercito website:

“IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) has issued a decree which states that beginning on June 11th, 2011 anyone applying for a temporary import permit for vehicles must make a deposit in the amount determined by the following table:

Vehicle Year Model:…….Amount to be paid in Mexican Pesos*
2007 and later…….USD $400
2001 until 2006…….USD $300
2000 and earlier…….USD $200

*Peso amounts are based on applicable exchange rate

This deposit is compulsory and can be paid by credit card, debit card, or cash (in US Dollars only).

Users must keep in mind that if the deposit is charged to a credit card, the charge will be made in Mexican Pesos and will be calculated based on the exchange rate of the day on which the payment is made. This deposit will be refunded to the same credit card on the next banking business day after the vehicle is fully returned and based on the exchange rate of that day.

The vehicle must be returned on time and within the time period stated on the temporary import permit. If the vehicle is returned after the stated time period, the entire deposit amount will be transferred to the Office of the Treasury on the day following the expected return date, as allowed by current law.”

Last Item:
Another clause in the new updated regulations requires FM2 Rentista and FM3 holders to notify Aduana within 15 days of when they renew their FM2 or FM3, otherwise Aduana is allowed to confiscate/keep these “new” deposits. Aduana’s address is listed in Yucalandia’s main article on cars in Mexico: “Importing & Driving a Car in Mexico”

This post is meant as a public service announcement (not meant as legal advice), so, we here at Yucandia will keep the post updated with further understandings and clarifications as they develop.

Feel free to copy while giving proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quiet

Post by dean on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 pm
great new product for noisy rooms

http://news.cnet.com/noise-quenching-curtains-open-window-to-quiet/8301-17938_105-20059612-1.html
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quietPost by dean on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 am
Water, I have tasted it when not brushing my teeth and it is not salty. My meter reads about 1750 ppm which is about 1000 ppm less of what we use to have. But the taste tells me it is it is lower. My meter reads correctly on bottled water about 40ppm so not sure.

bookmark this site/thread as I will add pictures and issues from time to time.

here is a picture of one of the water tanks by the shrimp factory that will have the de-sal water. you will bring your own jugs here to fill up. a real watering hole...

right now they have the de-sal hooked up to the city water, our water is good but not great, 560 ppm disolved solids. I was told by the workers the plant can do 300 cubic meters per day. that is probably about 1/2 our requirements in the summer and 1/3 when everyone is here. I was told another well will be dug for the desal plant. also they ran a three inch line to all these tanks.

here is the tank in progress picture

here is the first structure being built in the campground by a comercial business. note the total area via the orange markers.

second commercial business in the campground. not sure, coffee or taco stand. white building to the right of the gate.

the first arroyo to the north of the campground, the new concrete fence with barbwire to stop people from parking there?

and finally in parting, we had a real cloudy morning here a week or so ago, this is the sunrise...

and lastly here is my suggested air seperation piping to keep water bills low, i have a discussion of it in the water section under building in this forum.

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am; edited 9 times in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: for today,,,

Post by dean on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:22 am

there is a new painted sign on Juan Ramons building, National Car rental. is it an ad or are they going to rent cars now?

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:17 pm

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/ng-adventure/150403-baja-canyons-coasts

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:53 am

light drizzle again this morning. 7am.

sprinkled for a few hours real light. most rain in a long time but really little. Maybe 1/8 of an inch. and cloudy and overcast all day.

The other day on the road over the mountain it was raining where I had to turn on windshield wipers. at the top where it was paved, and coming down on our side where it is not paved just a light drizzle for half the way down. I am sure that was good for the dirt compacting. No runoff but it was getting damp .

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:17 am

a very light rain/sprinkle in the evening, all surfaces are a bit more than damp, and a little , and mean little pubble run off.. not really measurable in the buckets sitting out and so no worries of mosquito hazards created.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:22 am

the road construction on the mountain is proceeding, they are ripping up the bad parts near the top of our climb of the mountain now. they only have about 1 miles of the bad part left. No additional final paving has been started.

Very humid last night and today, tropical storm Frank is to be a hurricane in the next couple days, the bad news is it is not heading out to Hawaii like the other have, it is coming to the familiar path closer to baja.

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t524-weather-maps

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:59 pm

went to costco, amazing how much big time construction on the major road on the beach side from San Jose to Costo area, counted about 7-9 major developments with huge cranes in action. Never seen so much construction going on at once down there.

The road is paved from Los Planes till about 1 mile before our turn off.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:30 am

some raindrops from one of the two tropical storms... Well Blass is a hurricane as of today i think. not coming our way.

no major additional paving as of last weekend, though could see some markers being inserted that will guide the paving truck in the center of the road.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:59 am

the road paving construction on the mountain road seems to go at least all the way into Los Planes to where it has the divider and street lights.

They actually paved a section yesterday between the T intersection to San Antonio towards Los Planes about half a mile. It was not paved in the morning when I went to Santiago waterfall (the kids did not have school) and when I returned about 7pm it was paved. No other paving has occurred in a month just road prep. So maybe they are entering road pave mode.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:55 am

nice credit card international rate converter... will be under money exchange in the forum for future use.

https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:23 am

perfect morning, we are not getting the airflow from the mainland so humidity is not high.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2-FOR-1 Till the Beer Bottles & Barrels Run Dry!

Post by Mesquite on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:22 am

TODAY, tomorrow and Sunday are the last opportunities of the season to enjoy Bar El Minero's house-made sausages, mesquite-grilled seafood paella and more. Take advantage of this great 2-FOR-1 beer special. See you on the shaded terrace this weekend, 11am to 6:30pm. Closed July, August & September. Bar El Minero Website Tel: (+52 1) 612-176-3939, Email: info@info@barelminero.com, WhatsApp: (+52 1) 612-194-2093, Facebook Page.

Mesquite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:30 am

still humid as heck... but seems like it is decreasing...  

noon update: not as hot and we are getting some very light raindrops.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 am

that tropical depression is making the airflow come from the mainland so super humid yesterday and today.     Still not as bad as last year can tolerate it with a fan during the day and last night had to use the AC.

it is so humid it is unreal, like being in florida in the summer... power just went off for 5 minutes.... got to test my power back up system, worked great, just for computer.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:57 am

Here is a picture as you get on the road to LaPaz as you get past the T intersection.     and one up the mountain.   About 2/3 of the hill on our side is like this, it is easy to drive on this.     And as I mentioned at the top of the mountain they have paved from the eagle rock about 3 miles of the real curvy sections.    So nice up there.   I have not gone the los Planes direction to see how far they have progressed there.

you can see a section they have not dug up near the top, about 1 miles. i assume they will be doing that section as it is now really bad with pot holes.

Last edited by dean on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mesquite on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:24 am

Celebrate Father's Day this Sunday at Bar El Minero with delicious meatballs and a 2 for 1 special on all beers! Chef Felipe will also serve up our traditional house-made sausages, mesquite-grilled seafood paella and more. See you on the shaded terrace in El Triunfo. Reservations recommended. Email:info@barelminero.com. Tel: 612-176-3939. Website: barelminero.com.

Mesquite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:19 pm

I took some pictures of the mountain road construction today. The dirt road was actually real nice no off- side road driving. It appears they are letting us drive on it to pack it? and or they will do a massive paving at one time of 7 or so miles and counting. I will post the pictures soon.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:00 am

FYI montana will not allow us to register vehicles there unless you have a address or declare yourself homeless in person.    

South Dakota has on their books that you can.

also have not been using the AC much lately. Turned it on for about 4 hours in the evening. Slept with just a fan and day was real nice too. So far only a handful of days have I needed the AC. Vs last year everyday and night in the summer.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:04 pm

the roadwork is now towards Los Planes (do not know how far) continued,  to about half way to 2/3 up the mountain.  They finished the 5 mile section as I noted before from the top eagle on.    and another 1 mile stretch that was bad.    They had been working on several section and looked like they were ready to pave and all the sudden now the entire section up to 2/3rds  is in process now.    

I am guessing Sat and specially Sunday are the only times to be on the road else you have a lot of work being done is my guess.

nice this morning and humid this afternoon, turned the AC on at 3pm where the last few weeks did not use it till sleep time and several nights did not need it.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:00 pm

there is our first tropical depression way south.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:36 am

very very encouraging results on my concept of a one way static trap. I am able to allow new born mosquitoes to go past the trap one way, and they can not exet the return way. 100% on two types of traps so far. still need a few more days of testing to see if they get smarter over time. Next I have to try this on mosquitoes that are resting during the day and night. and mosquitoes who have blood and may be a bit larger looking for water.

So I need more containers 1 gallon clear like i have pictured. anyone have some I can have?

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t902-new-trap-method-for-mossy-for-septic-or-static-lv

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:33 am

soo nice, I needed to put a jacket on this morning.    Appears we received about 1/8 of an inch of rain at my location overnight.

9pm seems we have a low pressure way down south with 70% forecast to be a storm.  No idea which way it would go.

I have some mosquitoes finally hatching from my turtle water.... First one today. He made it through a tough trap, i am impressed. the big question is can he make it out? I post the details of my testing in my mosquito section.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Tue May 31, 2016 7:24 am

we had maybe 1/16 of an inch of rain last night.  Was a great lightning show to the east.

right now a very low volume drizzle. 11pm.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu May 26, 2016 6:44 am

several drops of rain, overcast... very nice...

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Tue May 17, 2016 7:40 am

ohhhh so nice we had a cool breeze that started last night at about 7pm... perfect cool morning.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Mon May 16, 2016 4:28 pm

NOAA NWS National Hurricane Center
Page Liked · Yesterday ·

Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside - to our friendly Facebook page for the start of another eastern North Pacific hurricane season! Here you'll find regular updates on what's going on in the tropics throughout the season, which will run till the end of November. And on this opening day, we do have one active Pacific disturbance, located about 1100 miles southwest of the southern Baja California peninsula, but this system is not expected to develop into a tropical cyclone. For more details today and every day, come and see the show at www.hurricanes.gov.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun May 15, 2016 11:49 am

a few rain clouds this morning dripping a little rain. Nothing that even pooled. been humid for about a week now.

was in LaPaz yesterday, the road over the mountain they have a section that is about 5 miles paved now on both sides. It is from the top where the curves start heading to LaPaz all the way to where the old rumble strips were. Really makes this section that use to be the most dangerous, curves and such such a nice section, they have about 100 meters left on this section to pave of this section, they had finished a section from when i drove in to returned.

They have very recently ripped out another 1 km section of the road so they are continuing on and have another couple mile section that are close to being paved.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

new walkway at san ysidro crossing north

Post by dean on Fri May 13, 2016 8:57 am

El Chaparral-San Ysidro, this could be a pain if taking the trolley...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Pedestrian-Bridge-to-Open-at-El-Chaparral-San-Ysidro-Port-of-Entry-379270991.html

Pedestrian Bridge to Open at El Chaparral-San Ysidro Port of Entry
The Pedrestrian West Facility (PedWest) will open on July 15 for travelers coming to the U.S. from Mexico

A pedestrian bridge in San Ysidro will open in July at the El Chaparral port of entry, the Governments of Mexico and United States announced Thursday.
The Pedrestrian West Facility (PedWest) will begin processing travelers heading into the U.S. beginning on July 15.
CVPD: Parents Find Dead Newborn in Teen's Bed
Pedestrians can cross through the west side of the El Chaparral port of entry and reach the PedWest entry building as well as the new multimodal transit facility on Virginia Avenue.

Rendering of PedWest interior
The bridge will eventually allow southbound pedestrians to cross into Mexico and include a multimodal transit center in Tijuana.

Rendering of San Ysidro PedWest bridge
More than 50,000 vehicles and 25,000 pedestrians cross the border at the El Chaparral-San Ysidro port of entry every day.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Pedestrian-Bridge-to-Open-at-El-Chaparral-San-Ysidro-Port-of-Entry-379270991.html#ixzz48YCHsjNR
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drone captures rare moment as whales take down juvenile shar

Post by dean on Wed May 11, 2016 11:09 pm

Drone captures rare moment as whales take down juvenile shark

http://www.gizmag.com/drone-whales-shark-video/43262/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=1555eac5ed-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-1555eac5ed-90245106

humidity came back today...

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Tue May 10, 2016 11:37 pm

here is the new plaza sign and there was a dedication to it today at 11am with free pork tacos.   I was not there.

There was a plan to do this years ago. A few stages with first stage is a plaza, next is a hotel, and then homes behind all of that. Not sure if they have the money for the first stage.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 am

from facebook:
The Servicio Meteorológico Nacional in Mexico is forecasting a slightly above average hurricane season with 17 named storms, 9 of those becoming hurricanes, and 4 of those hurricanes becoming major storms of Category 3 or higher.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

rain?

Post by dean on Sun May 08, 2016 5:50 am

we had a 5 minute sprinkle that is all gone now of rain. Clouds were from the west moving in. Lightning to the south in san antonio.

went over the mountain yesterday, in process they are working on a 3 and 2 mile stretch, only had to go off road for a few hundred yards. From what I could see right at the top heading towards lapaz after where the first bends including where the rumble strips use to be, they really put down a thick layer of asphalt. Appears to be 3-4 inches in thickness where they have paved. Never saw them put down such a thick layer before.

When heading to lapaz saw a wide load, a old sail boat coming the other way. When I arrived back to LaVentana, it is planted as a fixture in front of the land where I pictured the grader next post down where they are grading the top of.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Fri May 06, 2016 8:48 am

working on type B trap today.

and working across the arroyo from me see picture. Anyone know what is going on there? see the grader.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu May 05, 2016 4:43 pm

mosquito trap type A progress...   or lack of it.

amazing that the hatchlings  are so small.   I had to get a magnifying glass out to know what they were for sure.    I could see the flying pattern that backed it up.   They got through my screen barrier, luckily had a second containment of plastic bottle.    Over 30 caught so far., but this is not a position of accomplishment.

I have never seen such small mosquitoes.    they are able to fit through 1.5mm screen mesh.      I would have been able to see them on my window screen I believe if they enter homes, my fabric window screen has a mesh of 1.24mm.    

so next I have to make one with smaller mesh which is much more difficult.  

I was working on type B today.

8:30pm, I modified type A trap to have 1.24mm fabric screen, the baby mosys are not escaping, well about 4 so far in an hour. Thus I am able to capture the babys for one piece of the trap puzzle.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Tue May 03, 2016 7:22 am

Juan Ramon's strip center is getting a facelift.    The new paint job looks great.      

M's orange plumbing store  has closed and is from what I could tell as of last week completely empty.   I suspect a new business will be taking that spot in no time.

Last month was probably the best april for wind activities ever, warm and strong. windsurfers and kiters were out yesterday. I am still waking up and having to wear a jacket. So nice here this year..

I have come up with a few new ideas and ways to try to validate them for catching mosquitos. I will post details as I get my experiments going in my mosquito section. With the new mosquito disease heading north time to give it some serious effort.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Mon May 02, 2016 9:02 am

I did not know that Las Crusces is now open to the general public   http://rancholascruces.com/en/new-home/

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:54 am

burrr cold again this morning... such a nice spring here this year. maybe because the last two were so warm but I just do not remember this nice of a spring ever.

They finally started paving one section of the road they are working on.    When I returned yesterday from lapaz one side was drivable.  when I went it was not.    It is not an easy trip over the mountain with some of  the off road sections, some washboard you really have to slow down to a walk.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LaVentana rocks....

Post by dean on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:35 am

I just got the domain www.LaVentana.rocks

I can do vanity email forwarding with your name if you want. $20.00 to set it up and $10.00 a year for non commercial, contact me for commercial.

So your email could be tom@LaVentana.rocks

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:15 am

road construction over the mountain. 3 places each about 1 mile each.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:29 pm

hurricane forecast is in.  oops that was results from last year. I am guessing it will be similar this year.

Last edited by dean on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:51 pm

serious wind lately... 30 plus gusts today.. cold... and beautiful

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New SUP

Post by dean on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:27 am

Hobie Eclipse stand-up pedal board will have you walking on water
http://www.gizmag.com/hobie-eclipse-mirage-drive-pedal-board/42656/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=6ac65fef75-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-6ac65fef75-90245106
Not content with rescuing kayakers' tired arms with its highly efficient pedal-propulsion system, water sports specialist Hobie is now setting its sights on those who like to take to the water upright. The company's Mirage Eclipse Stand Up Pedal boards make for new kinds of aquatic adventure by allowing vertical users to glide across the water simply by moving their legs up and down.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top