for today,,,

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

for today,,,

Post by dean on Fri May 28, 2010 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-PlatedCars into Mexico

Post by dean on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

http://yucalandia.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/new-requirements-for-bringing-foreign-plated-cars-into-mexico-banjercito/

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito
Posted on June 17, 2011 by yucalandia

The Mexican Ministry of Finance and Public Credit has issued a new decree affecting expats bringing foreign plated cars into Mexico: “New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito”. From the Banjercito website:

“IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) has issued a decree which states that beginning on June 11th, 2011 anyone applying for a temporary import permit for vehicles must make a deposit in the amount determined by the following table:

Vehicle Year Model:…….Amount to be paid in Mexican Pesos*
2007 and later…….USD $400
2001 until 2006…….USD $300
2000 and earlier…….USD $200

*Peso amounts are based on applicable exchange rate

This deposit is compulsory and can be paid by credit card, debit card, or cash (in US Dollars only).

Users must keep in mind that if the deposit is charged to a credit card, the charge will be made in Mexican Pesos and will be calculated based on the exchange rate of the day on which the payment is made. This deposit will be refunded to the same credit card on the next banking business day after the vehicle is fully returned and based on the exchange rate of that day.

The vehicle must be returned on time and within the time period stated on the temporary import permit. If the vehicle is returned after the stated time period, the entire deposit amount will be transferred to the Office of the Treasury on the day following the expected return date, as allowed by current law.”

Last Item:
Another clause in the new updated regulations requires FM2 Rentista and FM3 holders to notify Aduana within 15 days of when they renew their FM2 or FM3, otherwise Aduana is allowed to confiscate/keep these “new” deposits. Aduana’s address is listed in Yucalandia’s main article on cars in Mexico: “Importing & Driving a Car in Mexico”

This post is meant as a public service announcement (not meant as legal advice), so, we here at Yucandia will keep the post updated with further understandings and clarifications as they develop.

Feel free to copy while giving proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quiet

Post by dean on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 pm
great new product for noisy rooms

http://news.cnet.com/noise-quenching-curtains-open-window-to-quiet/8301-17938_105-20059612-1.html
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quietPost by dean on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 am
Water, I have tasted it when not brushing my teeth and it is not salty. My meter reads about 1750 ppm which is about 1000 ppm less of what we use to have. But the taste tells me it is it is lower. My meter reads correctly on bottled water about 40ppm so not sure.

bookmark this site/thread as I will add pictures and issues from time to time.

here is a picture of one of the water tanks by the shrimp factory that will have the de-sal water. you will bring your own jugs here to fill up. a real watering hole...

right now they have the de-sal hooked up to the city water, our water is good but not great, 560 ppm disolved solids. I was told by the workers the plant can do 300 cubic meters per day. that is probably about 1/2 our requirements in the summer and 1/3 when everyone is here. I was told another well will be dug for the desal plant. also they ran a three inch line to all these tanks.

here is the tank in progress picture

here is the first structure being built in the campground by a comercial business. note the total area via the orange markers.

second commercial business in the campground. not sure, coffee or taco stand. white building to the right of the gate.

the first arroyo to the north of the campground, the new concrete fence with barbwire to stop people from parking there?

and finally in parting, we had a real cloudy morning here a week or so ago, this is the sunrise...

and lastly here is my suggested air seperation piping to keep water bills low, i have a discussion of it in the water section under building in this forum.

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am; edited 9 times in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

update

Post by dean on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:50 am

this morning was about 75 degrees, wow that nice....

the road work continues, today they put on tar and sand in the arroyo section.

kiters out again. this is third or fourth day in a row.

Last edited by dean on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

heard three homes were broken into in one night

Post by dean on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:10 am

a second camper in the free arroyo north of the campground. 3/4 of front row of the campground is full.

I heard that past oscoritos 3 houses were broken into in one night last week.

windsurfable yesterday and first night i did not use AC in 2-3 months...

here are more pictures up by captain kirks and past from yesterday.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3M film turns windows into transparent solar panels

Post by dean on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:10 am

to go on sale in a year.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9220547/3M_film_turns_windows_into_transparent_solar_panels

3M film turns windows into transparent solar panels
3M said the thin film can easily be applied to windows, generating power and cutting heat, and will begin sales next year.

IDG News Service - 3M has developed a see-through film that turns ordinary windows into solar panels. It will go on sale next year.

The solar film, on display at the Ceatec electronics conference in Japan, is arrayed in narrow, translucent green strips with clear gaps between and then glued to windows in large patches. A square meter of the film can generate roughly enough electricity to charge an iPhone under peak sunlight, but still allows for high visibility.

The product currently generates only about 20% of the electricity that a traditional silicon solar panel does, and will cost about half as much, though the final price has not been decided.

But it is also far easier to install and takes up no additional space. 3M has strong expertise in adhesives, where its less technical products include Scotch tape and Post-it sticky notes.

"An average person could go to the store, buy some of this, and then bring it home and install it themselves," said Yasuhiro Aoyagi, a senior manager in the company's construction markets division.

He said it is made from an organic photovoltaic material that is printed on in sheets, and will come down in price as production increases. The film blocks or absorbs about 80% of visible light and over 90% of infrared light, so it also acts as a sunshade.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

a view from above

Post by dean on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:47 pm

8am line up of trucks. Was interesting, today there is no way to get out of this side of the road without a 4 wheel drive.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

construction goes up the hill

Post by dean on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:08 am

8am

first camper of the season in the north arroyo.

the progress goes over the hill.

you can see the machine on the left rips out the old road in front of the arroyo. we now have a alternative dirt road to the west side of the street.

and here it is now close to tims, you can barely see it a speck of yellow way up there.

3pm

4pm

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I have two very strange neighbors,

Post by dean on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Ride board....... First wanted to note I have started using this forum for posting rides, it is a much easier to use format, it stays posted till you delete your ride request. more user friendly for you to find a person and date they need the ride. and anyone can find the list from the internet, they do not have to receive daily postings of all things laventana. I found myself deciding to go to cabo and could not find the list where someone needed a ride, so it is accessible 24/7/365. I just posted one for February which I am confident no one would have a clue or not if they were going at this point. But by then someone will, and we do not need to know about it every day till then. catch my drift...

I do not know why my neighbors come out in the middle of the day and catch sun. They seem to like the heat. this winter they may post on the ride board to go farther south.

this is 6pm photo of the work going on. Note the one way new road on the far right while they are working on the road.

today by 1pm they have made 3 deliveries of rocks behind the trucks, and they are digging a ditch to put them in on the water side.

and the below link for higher resolution.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

blood drive, pay forward

Post by dean on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:43 am

I talked to the blood bank when I was there about a blood drive in LaVentana. They are willing to come out here for a blood drive. If anyone has a suggestion on date I was thinking the day before USA’s thanksgiving. Or even thanksgiving day. Please email me at dean@la-ventana.com with your suggestion. And those who will definitely or tentatively give blood please also chime in. Obviously they will only come out if we have a reasonable number of people interested in participating. I picked thanksgiving as a giving symbol , and we are thankful to be here then because we eat well to replenish ourselves. The negative is they told me for instance, for 24 hours no strenuous activity, also why I am aiming for thanksgiving, because it is a social day. A goal here is to make sure there is blood for anyone that has some sort of need in our area.

We recently, about 3-4 months ago saw a experienced kiter in Barriles requiring a significant amount of blood donors specially A positive and platelets from same blood type before they could do the needed surgery, it appears 1 in 5 people meet the qualifications for their screening for this vs. giving blood only. We have a responsibility not to be a burden on the Mexican medical social system if we can, which we were not in his case. This is an opportunity to make sure we pay forward. And let’s hope there are no serious kite accidents that need this but let’s make sure we were proactive vs. reactive. dean

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

web cam watching mt everest....

Post by dean on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:52 am

I thought this was interesting, but remember they are about 12 hours time difference, so

http://www.evk2cnr.org/WebCams/PyramidOne/everest-webcam.html

A new HD camera is keeping an eye on the world's tallest peak. Set at more than 18,600 feet on a nearby mountain, the world's highest camera will help scientists understand climate change when paired with data from the Everest weather station. Designed to withstand frigid temperatures, the camera operates during the daylight hours, or 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Nepal. That's roughly 8:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. Eastern time in the U.S
http://www.komando.com/coolsites/index.aspx?id=11467&utm_medium=nl&utm_source=notd&utm_content=2011-10-03-article&utm_campaign=end-f

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

construction update

Post by dean on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:17 pm

down my hill

for large pictures go to
http://www.la-ventana.com/laventana-news2.htm

up my hill later that day

shifting baja joes culvert about 3 feet so the road will be wider.

up the road heading out of town

coming back to town

the new grocery store. "mega" close to opening, has underground parking. near the VW corner across the street from Ford. also has a movie theater on the left.

so for larger full pics click below this to get there.

larger pictures

Last edited by dean on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:46 am; edited 9 times in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

lapaz activity tourism events...

Post by dean on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:06 am

lapaz information

http://purelapaz.com/

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

under 80 this morning and costco (not coming to lapaz)

Post by dean on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:35 am

so nice, under 80 degrees (79.5) the second time in about six months... this would be perfect...

so here again is another definitive, COSTCO is NOT coming to LaPaz as per this person investigating.

from LPG

I posted that Costco was going in at the new shopping center in the WalMart area. This information came from a Mexican friend who is a building contractor and engineer. I was asked to verify this information by a Forum moderator. So I stopped by CSL Costco and talked to store management this afternoon. They said unfortunately Costco will not be opening a La Paz store in the next year. They said that site selection and construction of a La Paz Costco store has not been scheduled yet, as far as they knew.

Last edited by dean on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks for the pix!

Post by roxiepool on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Can't wait to get to Adela's!

roxiepool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

new stores out by home depot

Post by dean on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:07 am

here is the malls website (sorry no costco despite the constant rumors)

http://www.theshoppesatlapaz.com/

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

rain

Post by dean on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:08 pm

a few clouds came through and we got some rain maybe 1/16th of an inch to 1/8th. at least laventana got this rain.

this will be great for our humidity.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

whats up? in la-ventana

Post by dean on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:24 pm

here are a few pictures on the road construction going on and the campground. and yo yos campground has a fence down the middle of it. So new rumor... the main campground may be a bit more full this year.

The road construction, they are shoring up the culverts with rock supports all throughout the town. It appears they are also widening the road, they have ripped out from the police station to the baseball field and as you can see in the picture it appears to be about 3 feet wider if they pave it the entire width. you have to look closely but there is no paved road just 50 feet ahead and you can see where the dirt part is newly visibly wider. I think in town we are going to have a real nice street....

next you can see some rocks stacked up at culverts along the way. they do not have rocks piled up at all areas that need it, like at Tims bridge area,.

and here you can see them doing the culvert work and the road is removed in the distance.

here is yoyos campground you can see the new cyclone fence in the middle of the gate and divides the property.

here is construction in progress on the hot bread girls bakery...

and here is construction going on at Adela's! tower restaurant

here is picture of campground today.

Last edited by dean on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

mosquito nectar

Post by dean on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:21 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/27/health/27mosquito.html?_r=1

They filled old soda bottles with a solution of brown sugar, the juice of rotting nectarines, Spinosad and a dye. They put each in a sock with a wick that helped keep the sock soaked with the colorful fatal elixir. They suspended a bait at the opening of each cistern.
In tests in Israel and in West Africa, the baits knocked down mosquito populations by 90 percent. Even better, they nearly eliminated older females, the most dangerous mosquitoes.

Last edited by dean on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

a bunch more campers

Post by dean on Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:14 pm

driving to laPaz saw a convoy of campers heading to LaVentana. and when I returned they were in the campground.

right now exchange rate is 13.6 this weekend thursday it hit a bit above 14, a very high rate just hit that last week. vs the last time of 2009 it hit that rate. so would be a good time to head down and change some money...

if camping or no ac still a bit hot. but the water as i mentioned is about the best it has ever been.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: for today,,,

Post by dean on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:13 am

another camper in the campground

they are tearing up our road also in the village.

and this morning was under 80 degrees first time since may. could be the hurricane? also our air temp was high but unusually dry yesterday, so quite nice.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

road is being repaved, large motorcycles beware

Post by dean on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:56 pm

A warning for all large motorcycles on the LaVentana road. They are
repaving. And sending the traffic to the side of the road in some deep
sand on hills. Not fun.

there were rumors around that they were going to do the entire road. From where they are starting it may demonstrate they are not going to do the entire road. They started a little less than 1 mile from the first speed bump and are working their way to the speed bump direction. So they are doing the worst area. Probably one of the worst areas of the baja.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

interesting about TJ

Post by dean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:28 pm

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/travel/the_new_tijuana_cool_PYIFsMdE8ssg72RrmqAiHK

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the hot bread girls....

Post by dean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:35 pm

the hot bread girls place is adding a little enclosure to block the wind by the pizza oven. I have not gone for a close up inspection.

also I forgot to mention we also do not have those annoying little strings of stingers that nail you. not bad like a jellyfish or a man-of-war but they sting you here and there. I have been swimming without a rash guard all summer and not a hit. amazing water this year... no kites out today. they made it out briefly yesterday.

and just a refresher on banking, I use bank of america and I pay 0 fees when I use the Santader ATMs. and there is a Santader right across the street from Sorrienas, and a ATM in the old CCCs.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

more campers

Post by dean on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:41 pm

looks like Bill and Yen are in the campground this evening.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

kiting today and water update

Post by dean on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Kiters are out today....
Here is my update. This summer in the early part we had a few man-of-wars and a few sting rays. I snorkel on average every other day. Since the early midsummer I have literally seen only a handful of man-of-wars and only one sting ray. For sting rays, I have seen other years with few too and have seen years when there are 20-100 during a snorkeling session all season.. But this is unprecedented for man-of-wars. In all the other years on days when I would go for a walk you could see ten to hundreds almost every day. I was not measuring the surface water temperature but un-scientifically I have noticed this year the water is much more refreshing than usual. It seems to me that works to cool you off much better than other years, is this why we do not have them? And I noticed the hurricanes that formed did not get sucked up even close to the sea of Cortez this year, they bee lined out to Hawaii. Which was great. So which leads me to post this. I highly suggest people head on down earlier than normal to snorkel and and windsurf/kite while you do not even have to wear a rashguard just a swimsuit is all that is needed to enjoy…. While the weather seems a bit nicer right now, like the heat part has broke, It is still a bit warm down here for camping but if you can endure it I think with the great snorkeling it is worth it. And as far as bugs this is the least amount of any kind of pesky flying ones I have seen too.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

new grocery store for lapaz is close

Post by dean on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:39 am

i drove by the location of the new theatres and the Mega grocery store. It appears they just need to add the store sign on the front is about all from the street it looks like it needs to open. all glass on the exterior is in place and the front is painted. Parking lot finished. This is over by the VW intersection in front of the ford dealership. huge parking lot with underground parking like the one in San Jose.

At least it is a store we can pronounce the name....

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

half the lanes closed at san ysidro due to construction acci

Post by dean on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:36 am

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/09/border-crossing-re-opened-after-scaffolding-collapse.html

Officials reopened the San Ysidro border crossing between the U.S. and Mexico early Thursday morning, a day after a scaffolding collapse injured 11 people.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency said 13 lanes were reopened. The far right northbound lanes, however, will remain closed.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATM problems

Post by dean on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:12 pm

this person reported that they went to get money out and no money came out and the bank here reported that the ATM did not have extra money. they lost, their bank in Canada did not refund the several hundred dollars.

BWO
Similar Bancomer ATM Problems - I placed an ad last February to collect incidents for failed ATM transactions with no public response. To the couple asking in the last issue and others who experience this problem, please know that this happens all of the time and it is my belief it is the internet/online connection to the States that gets interrupted during these transactions.

I was told upper management doesn't deem it a big problem. Vivian in the office asked me to compile documentation so she could forward to management. I personally have experienced this twice, the last being in February when one of my guests experienced this problem while on vacation. The incident left them without funds for a least that day last March. My neighbor experienced the same issue prior. This is what happens: The transaction transmission is interrupted and if you go to the bank the next day, they then have their records which will show the card number with a debit amount and a credit amount just below. This means the money never reached Bancomer. What I had to do is contact my bank in the States, give them the day, amount, location of ATM attempt so a live person could research (which can take up to 2 weeks) to find the transaction in their records and credit back my account.

It is a real bummer if you don't have an alternative cash source to tap and freaks out our visitors/tourists in a foreign country. Suggestion: Document your incident and drop off or email to the bank's English-speaking representative, Vivian. - Debora, Pescadero
Update: ATM Complaint at Bancomer - Thank you all for your support, advice and words of encouragement. I tried to email everyone individually, and I apologize if I missed anyone. I received so many emails telling the same story at Bancomer and also many from Banorte, Banoro and others. Seems to me that this is very rampant and unexceptable. I spoke with my bank, CIBC, and insisted that they reopen my complaint file and also that I posted an article in the BWO. I then called CIBC bank on Saturday to tell them I was flooded with emails from people who have had the same experience. I would like to bundle all these emails together and present them to both my bank and Bancomer when I return to Todos Santos in either December or January -- that is unless anyone would like to stay anonymous (just let me know). So, again, thanks to all who wrote. I hope to have this resolved and have money back in my account in time for our return - Doris , Todos Santos

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water pressure

Post by dean on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:12 pm

we have real high water pressure for the last few days.

and the water reading is about 3000 ppm. I think that is the worst I have ever found.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

first camper in the campground for this season

Post by dean on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:24 pm

we have a pop up camper sitting up in the campground.

Last edited by dean on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LaPaz safest city in North America

Post by dean on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:28 am

http://themexicoreport.com/2011/06/17/la-paz-mexico-safe-cities-in-mexico/

La Paz, Mexico: One of the Safest Cities in North America

According to Irvine-based research group, Competitive Analytics, La Paz is one of the safest cities in the world. When La Paz (population, 220,000) is ranked among California (U.S.) cities between 100,000 and 500,000, it is the third-safest in murder and manslaughter in 2009, the latest year available for an accurately averaged comparison.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Glen Close talks about kiteboarding, she was in laventana

Post by dean on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:02 pm

someone told me they saw her out for a private walk. she obviously wanted private time and seems everyone respected this and gave her her space.

http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2371314&start=10
I met her in La Ventana this past spring (end of February) and both on and off the beach I found her to be very pleasant and low key. She even invited me over to her table to have lunch with her and her husband(?).

I didn't even realize she was Glenn Close until a few days later during a diner when someone else mentioned it.

I didn't want to intrude on her vacation so I never got out my camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs41lgrj9Vk
talks about more kiting.
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/glenn-close-6811/1332690/

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

US consular in cabo is now open in new location

Post by dean on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:19 am

The US Consular Agency in Los Cabos will be open at a new location as of Monday, Sept. 12: Tiendas de Palmilla
Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 27.5, Local B221
San Jose del Cabo, BCS
9 AM to 2 PM, Monday through Friday
Same telephone number: 624 143 3566
General Email address: usconsulcabo@yahoo.com
If possible, please write or call beforehand to notify the Agency that you will be arriving.
The office is located on the lower level of the Palmilla shopping center, next to the business center.
The usual services will be available: US passport applications, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, US notary services, emergency services for US citizens.
For emergencies after 5 PM and on weekends, please call the answering service in San Diego, CA: 619 692 2154.

Trina Brown, Consular Agent

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:18 am

humidity is now reasonable, we have bo bos but not to bad

there was a major pot bust here last week hear near the new star mini-super area. they did damage entering and it was a house owned by a gringo and was rented out to a mexican national.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

very humid right now

Post by dean on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 pm

our humidity is very high right now. really muggy. not quite floriday stuff but yuck...

the bugs are not bad yet, but usually it takes a few days after the rain.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

netflix moves to latin america, and mexico

Post by dean on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:12 pm

http://gigaom.com/video/netflix-brazil-mexico-piracy/

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

baja california sur tourist video

Post by dean on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:04 pm

http://vimeo.com/28470944

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

more rain

Post by dean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:19 am

had some more rain... at my place about 1/4-1/2 inch. yesterday evening was even very pleasant as far as temperture.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

laventana classic 2012

Post by dean on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 am

La Ventana Classic 2012
Game on for Jan 19-22 - not much bigger...but better - clinics Jan 16-18
Kite and windsurf events plus SUP island crossing, downwinder and more..............................plus some new surprises.

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

econ 101

Post by dean on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:06 am

http://www.economist.com/node/21526899

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

report on future of baja area/laPaz

Post by dean on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:14 am

http://futurolapaz.icf-xchange.org/content_e.html

also kiter out yesterday...

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

for septemeber campers

Post by dean on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:48 pm

If you are a sept camper, just a slight warning. This year has been a bit hotter than normal. This is the only year I can remember where I have not had a good breeze every day.

For instance yesterday there was none and it hit about 95 degrees which is 3 degrees hotter than normal. my record at my place for a full day is 96 in 12 years. That 3 degrees differential with no breeze makes it very uncomfortable. In previous years I have only needed the AC during the day a handful of times. thus summer I am using it 1 out of 5 days and right now it is at 2 out of 4 days.

I was sleeping on a cot with a fan under and one from above that worked great. But it was one of those low to the ground cheapy ones not meant for daily use and it died. So have moved to ac at night.

here is the cot I wish I had... designed with a mesh ventilation so a fan under would work even better.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___41195

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

big wind right now

Post by dean on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:03 am

a storm is passing by , big wind. my guess is 15 with gusts to 40.

looks like rain to the north but not here so far. lots of lightning and thunder.
not much rain down here but el sergento had a little more...

dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top