La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

renting a car and driving to usa and back

Go down

renting a car and driving to usa and back Empty border wait times

Post by dean Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:27 am

http://bwt.cbp.gov/?com=0&pas=1&ped=0&plist=2506

dean

Back to top Go down

renting a car and driving to usa and back Empty Re: renting a car and driving to usa and back

Post by dean Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:49 am

I am renting a car from Fox shortly at TJ airort and driving to the USA, they now include basic liability in Mexico.    

I am renting it for about $7.00 a day and their USA insurance is $8.00 a day.    we will see what happens.    A friend rented a car from them at cabo airport and they did not overcharge.

I called visa today to make sure still valid for CDW and they took my card number and verified it. visa phone number is 804 673-1164. You should verify before you travel.

bank of america is 315-724-4022 for b of a members. to ask for a print out of the agreement, they will only mail it.

here is more written up about it
http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t139-car-rental

dean

Back to top Go down

renting a car and driving to usa and back Empty renting a car and driving to usa and back

Post by dean Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:19 pm

Regarding rental cars, we are using FOX rental, as they were the cheapest among those that will allow you to cross the border (others that allow border crossing are Hertz, National, Europcar, and one other, although I can't remember which one. Fox was the cheapest. Our cost for 30 days is $1200 U.S. dollars for their Dodge Attitude, which is a compact car with a small, but real trunk (some of the smallest compacts have just a space behind the rear seats - no trunk).. This cost includes full insurance coverage, liability plus comprehensive, both in the U.S. as well as Mexico. The break down on cost is 2/3 insurance - cost of the car is only $13/day. But since we gave up our cars when we retired to our boat two years ago we need the coverage.

dean

Back to top Go down