for today,,,

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

for today,,,    Empty Re: for today,,,

Post by dean on Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 pm

this season is mosquito year. optimum timed spacing of rains this summer have been ideal for mosquito breeding.

I suggest this I have not tested this one but used a similar that is not available anymore, this one is higher in strength. Does that mean better I do not know,

Elite Choice All Natural Mosquito Repellent - 4 oz Travel Insect Repellent Bug Spray Repels Ticks Biting Insects & All Types of Mosquitoes - Deet-Free and Safe for Kids Family & Pets

$7.95

Elite Choice All Natural Mosquito Repellent - 4 oz Travel Insect Repelle...
Elite Choice Mosquito and Insect Repellent Is Here to Give You the Safest and Most Effective Alternative to DEET...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FG2IOSG/ref=crt_ewc_title_huc_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2V1D8YBAY93HQ

It is not the one I usually buy, but the same ingredient s the one I use to buy.   just a higher concentration.    about 6 years ago i bought a bunch of different ones because Santiago is allergic to deet.   tested them and only the geranium oil ones worked.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:13 am

seemed to me to be 4-6 nches of rain by my buckets.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:58 pm

road reports...

one wise person said the following...
"You can call 911 and ask for tránsito. "

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:24 pm

about 1-2 inches of rain no arroyo flooding here in town and no errosion on my property so far.   power went out at 4am and came back on at 11:30am.

It was just brought to my attention about the power. Whenever you see a downed pole or line even if not ours it makes CFEs job easy to fix power outages. There is no magic way they know where the problem is, and right now while there are emergencies in other towns thay are not going to send 10 trucks to look. But if as in the case where I called because my neighbors line was taken down they know where to show up. And sending one truck is doable.

so if everyone can take a quick look in your hood.

Another interesting thing I noticed while at the main power transformer.

This morning I was wondering why I had city water pressure when the town power was off.       I was not paying close attention as was inspecting for faults, so will need to check.  But appeared to me they did something since I was last checking on their work that is very good.    They put in a line before the shutoff that they control from LaPaz that shoots of to the area where the water well is outside of town.    

the reason for doing this is when they are doing their rolling blackouts it would not shut off one of our towns water pumps.     When power is resumed they have to manually turn it on so this would also help in cases like this were somewhere in town there is a problem it would allow at least the one water pump to remain on.    

Again i did not verify that I had city water pressure when the power was off as that was not a concern, but there is a huge difference in pressure when I am just using gravity feed vs city pressure and i did notice in the back of my mind.   But i knew before when the electric went down so did the well pump till they restart it that usually took 3-12 hours, up to 24 hours ifa sunday or holiday.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Cuba announced this Wednesday that it will apply fines and even prison sentences to those who break basic rules to prevent the spread of contagious diseases, at a time when there is an increase in the number of dengue cases on the island.

https://oncubanews.com/en/cuba/cuba-announces-fines-and-prison-sentences-for-offenders-in-the-fight-against-dengue/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:22 am

so far a dusting of rain, heavily overcast

note there is more road construction on the road to LaPaz, this one is in a narrow area that only two lanes can fit so they have a flagger there. Best is go early and come back late. In the past when this narrow work area is done they do it very quickly. It is only about 1 km. then there is another 1-2 km they have been working on for a week or two that they have diversions for off the side of the road. also noting this is the first curve area from LaPaz to LV going up the mountain, the part that was in the worst shape. So the three sections they are working on are really the last three (there may be one other section not so good still to be done) , these three that were potholed after pothole after filled in former potholed.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:43 pm

use google translate a good read on the cat 4 hurricane that hit lapaz 43 years ago. population was 55,000 and an estimated 5000 died.

https://www.diarioelindependiente.mx/2019/09/era-categoria-4-a-43-anos-de-que-el-ciclon-liza-azotara-a-la-paz

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:17 pm

note this is google translate

this is an increase of 2 cases over last month. and remember we were hit locally by more rains than LaPaz, so our mosquito population is high, so do bring down repellent.

https://www.diarioelindependiente.mx/2019/10/confirma-ssa-14-casos-de-dengue-en-bcs

for today,,,    Annota11

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty History Museum Complex Reopens Friday, October 4 !

Post by Mesquite on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:34 am

The complex includes a history museum, a restaurant, a wine bar, a Victorian style tea salon, gift shop and large outdoor courtyard terrace. Saturday & Sunday (5th & 6th), we will offer a welcome sangria, happy hour from noon to 1 pm (2 for 1, bottled beer), live guitar music from 1 to 3 pm, flamenco dancing from 1 to 2 pm, and a piano concert from 3 to 5 pm.

See you there!

https://www.museorutadeplata.com/

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:22 pm

yesterday and tonight the temp has dropped significantly usually this occurs second or o week of October. It is cooler in the morning and at night,daytime cooler too.

another storm heading our way to hit Monday night and will post about it at the below link for 2019 hurricanes.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:50 am

we have rain, still dark so I do not know how much.  first link is history second is active maps...    On the first I will also post pictures.

https://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t1133-hurricanes-2019#5320

https://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t524-weather-maps#4994

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:13 pm

facebook wrote:News update on power outages.
The Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) will improve electricity generation capacity in Baja California Sur after the state was hit by a series of blackouts due to low capacity earlier this year.
CFE operations director Carlos Andrés Morales Mar announced the plan at an event with Governor Carlos Mendoza Davis.
Morales said that electricity distribution problems in Baja California Sur have been caused by poor maintenance of the state’s generation plants. By October, the CFE will restore 42 megawatts of generation capacity that are currently out of service.
Morales also said that a natural gas power plant being built in Pichilingue will be equipped with energy-saving technology including heat recuperators, and will have a capacity of 170 megawatts when it goes into operation.
By the summer of 2021, another four new generators will be operating, he said. “That will mean the production of 170 megawatts, which will relieve the pressure on the electricity system.”
In total, Morales said that Baja California Sur will have an additional 472 megawatts of generation capacity by the end of 2022.
Governor Mendoza said that Baja California Sur’s current generation capacity should be close to 750 megawatts, while peak consumption is around 550 megawatts. However, due to poor maintenance of generating facilities, capacity is sometimes actually closer to 550 megawatts, forcing the CFE to cut service at peak consumption times.
“In 2020, we will have an additional 280 megawatts, which will make it less likely for us to face this kind of circumstance,” said Mendoza.
The lights went out in Baja California Sur cities at least three times over the summer.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:45 pm

make sure you stock up on bug repellant before coming down. the rains have been spaced perfectly for a major outbreak. Especially if they continue...

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:51 pm

same rain today going on right now. should be at least 1-2 inches and is a larger cloud with thunder and lightning. slow moving.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 am

yesterday we received about 1-2 inches of rain in an hour. It was a single cloud that moved slowly so the arroyo did run into the sea for a bit. Caused rutting on my property. There may be places that received much more than this. 0

this was not a result of a hurricane nearby.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:34 am

weeds and Bo-bos coming out from the rains a while back.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:22 am

water temp issues of the sea,

to me the water is cooler than I ever remember for a summer. even right now at peak, when i get in some days it feels cool. That is why I believe the hurricanes have not come close to us this year, they all shot out to the way west.

also this is the only year I can remember that I have not seen one portuguese-man-of-war floating around, not one and not stung by one and i swim almost every other day. And this is the first year I have been swimming much of the time without a shirt for protection.

This season was the least number of fish boils I have ever seen, they are so rare that I have only seen a handful total all summer. I have only seen about 3 sting rays and that was a long time ago in the spring.

Air temperature seems about the same to me on my property, about 88-92 everyday, but I do note I believe the afternoon breeze is 30-50% stronger. Humidity was again high all summer. Very few days of low humidity.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mesquite on Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:48 am

Concert in La Paz
JOIN US!

See the following link for more details including a map:
https://www.tenajaholdings.com/noche-pegajosa-2019

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:31 am

10 day old article saying they will have new natural gas generation plants up and running in lapaz and cabo to handle the peak demand.    This is google translate so it may not be natural gas  could be propane.

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/en-15-dias-ya-no-habra-apagones-en-bcs-se-construiran-2-nuevas-plantas-dice-cfe-a-gobernador/

In 15 days there will be no blackouts in BCS; 2 new plants will be built, says CFE to Governor

“The director committed: Regularize the supply by remedying maintenance lags within 2 weeks. Build 2 additional plants that will be added to the natural gas plant that is being developed by tender the Government of Baja California Sur in Pichilingue ”, the Head of the State Executive shared.

also get ready for road construction downtown LaPaz starting october.

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/reencarpetado-calles-principales-en-la-paz-tiene-un-95-de-avance-se-invirtieron-23-mdp/

Reencarpetado main streets in La Paz has a 95% progress; 23 million pesos were invested

The official said that, in October, it will begin with the paving of the streets surrounding the Historic Center, in La Paz

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:56 pm

early this summer it was the season of the ants. Well now it is by far the most lizard year I have ever seen. for me incredible, they are all over when you are out walking. Even seen a horned toad lizard on my property, one of my fav.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:33 am

huge storm lightning and thunder, , lots of wind rain.    5:30am

10am looks like we are done, had about half an inch of rain or more.

appears to be about 1 inch or more of rain fell. That what my buckets tell me.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 am

well we got a little rain from Ivo today, not directly from Ivo but peripheral,  maybe 1/8 to 1/4 in some places.   the mountains probably much more.    stopped about 30 minutes ago and it is 11am.   still threatening looking as i can not see the island or the mountains due to cloud cover/fog.    this rain came from the south with light wind.  

yesterday the mountains to the west had a thick patch of dark clouds covering the top, so probably a gentle rain for many hours. and had some 35 mph wind for an hour with some gusts to 45. not directly from Ivo, just a trailing wind from a storm from the mainland.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:55 pm

ivo giving us some peripheral winds/storm no rain (appears there is some up in the surrounding moutains) sabout 45mph gusts with sustained 35mph.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:33 pm

it is so humid right  now 8am....    feels like being in florida

8pm and now it is not humid, very nice out

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:07 pm

rain today gentle   started about noonish this morning was not humid at all. just stopped 1pm ish, but looks like more could come.

the sea of Cortez seems cold to me about 80-82 for this time of the year so could get lucky and no hurricanes come directly at us if they start up.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty Friday, August 9 from 8 pm — Concert on the Malecón

Post by Mesquite on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:22 am

Join us for another fabulous concert and dance the night away on the Malecón in La Paz!
Noches Pegajosas | Sticky Nights
— La China Sonidera & Deep House DJ Alex Cruz —
FREE ENTRANCE

See the following link for more details including a map:

Free Community Concerts in La Paz

Last edited by Mesquite on Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed unwanted links)

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:39 am

for today,,,    Swim10

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:58 am

for updates on Martins internet please go to this page in the future.

https://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t883-satellite-and-area-wifi-repeaters#5278

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:38 pm

https://www.mexperience.com/mexico-simplifies-telephone-dialing-rules/?fbclid=IwAR1egSrEdMNCmwD5973tBrYW9VncUmQjON3Au9A7olrF5ZCN9nz6Af7uIps

Mexico Simplifies its Telephone Dialing Rules
by Mexperience
Simple Telephony
On August 3rd, 2019 dialing Mexican telephone numbers will become simpler. This article explains the changes.

Service prefixes are no longer required
The fundamental change to the telephone dialing rules happening on August 3rd 2019 is the removal of service code prefixes associated with calling domestic long distance numbers (01) and calling Mexican cell phones from Mexican land lines (044, 045). Also, the confusing need to add the number ‘1’ when calling a Mexican cell phone from overseas is also being eliminated. The changes can be summed-up thus:

When calling from within Mexico, the dialing prefixes of 01, 044, and 045 are no longer required
When calling a Mexican cell phone from outside Mexico, the additional number ‘1’ after Mexico’s country code is no longer required
These changes greatly simplify the way that Mexican land lines and cell phones are dialed and bring Mexico’s telephone dialing rules into line with protocols used in the US and Canada.

Calling from/to Mexican land lines
Here are the rules for dialing from and to Mexican land lines as of August 3, 2019

Calling a Mexican land line from a Mexican land line in the same area: Simply dial the local number (7 or 8 digits, depending on the town/city).

Calling a Mexican land line from a Mexican land line in a different area. Dial the area code and the number. Do not dial the 01 (long distance) prefix.

Calling a Mexican land line from a Mexican cell phone: Dial the area code and the number directly from your cellphone. Do not dial the 01 (long distance) prefix.

Calling a Mexican cell phone from a Mexican land line: Dial the cell phone’s area code and number directly. Do not use 044 or 045 prefix.

Calling to/from Mexican cell phones
Here are the rules for dialing from and to Mexican cell phones as of August 3, 2019

Calling a Mexican cell phone from another Mexican cell phone while in Mexico: Dial the other cell phone’s area code and number. Do not include 044 or 045 in the code.

Calling a Mexican cell phone from overseas: Dial Mexico’s country code (+52) then the area code, and then the number. Do not include the ‘1’ after the +52, as was required before August 3, 2019.

Calling any number in Mexico from a Mexican cell phone overseas (roaming): Dial Mexico’s international code +52, then the area code, and then the number. Do not include the ‘1’ after the +52.

Calling Mexican toll-free (800) and premium toll (900) numbers
From August 3rd, 2019, whether you are calling from a Mexican land line or from a Mexican cell phone, drop the 01. Thus 01-800-123-4567 becomes 800-123-4567.

Storing numbers in your Mexican cell phone
If you roam between Mexico, the US and Canada, we recommend that you store all of your contact numbers using the international dialing format: [country code] [area code] [number]. Thus your Mexican contacts will be recorded with the +52 prefix before the area code and number, your American and Canadian contacts with the +1 prefix before the area code and number. By doing this, your calls will connect without need for you to make adjustments regardless of whether you are in Mexico or roaming in the US or Canada.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:57 am

wow the island is missing...

we just received a 1/2 hour of light rain. awesome.... maybe upto 1/8th of an inch of rain, i will check my buckets later. The rin is not hurricane-related, airflow from the mainland sent this our way.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:45 am

humid is back, started a week ago. Getting airflow from mainland again.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 am

In LaPaz the street Colima is still being worked on, so do not use it.

yesterday we got some clouds and some drops that did not last 1 minute.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty Fiber optic with telmex update

Post by dean on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Fiber optic update.   They finish running fiber optics in lapaz the end of July and they say 70% of LaPaz can have fiberoptics.    I met with the people in charge of  planning/development for Texmex yesterday and it is not encouraging for the fiberoptic out here.    They have done their initial research and have found (which I find hard to believe as a tech person, but I have been wrong before haha) the fiber they ran here years ago is not usable because it is for voice systems.      So in order for them to give us fiberoptic, they would have to run a new bundle all the way from LaPaz to here.    So they said they could have a proposal to me in 90 days.     I doubt this will be cost effective for the very few that have expressed an interest in contributing to the fund if they just use the existing fiber.    

This does not affect the below alternative I have found for relaying, but as a warning if not signed up soon it may not be possible because he would have to acquire more fiberoptic lines/connections and thus we know it can take telmex a month or two to do new hookups.   So do not expect to show up in November and think you can get service that week.   Right now he can do 35 people at 20 Mbps

Also my land line DSL from telmex was down to 2 Mbps down and 0.1 upload during the peak winter.     I use to have 10Mbps until they installed more lines.      Also at the meeting I just had Telmex is going to hook up more people and NOT increase the capacity so expect even slower internet this season from landlines/DSL.     The only good is the more people they do have subscribing is the higher the potential is it will be cost justified to increase our bandwidth.

Last edited by dean on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty NEW wireless internet in town?

Post by dean on Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:23 pm

NEW wireless internet in town?  

I have found a new potential wireless internet provider to start up here in our valley, 4 times the speed of anyone in the valley presently for USD$50.00/month.         I initially contacted him about putting up cameras around town to hinder thieves.

He set up the cameras and runs them out at the light house area.   He will consider a proposal to us later.     Also, he just provided the TV/movie people at the bay of dreams with 750Gbps download so his system is already in place.  

He is right now offering 20Mbps down and  5 up for USD$50.00 a month.    50Mbps down and 10 up for 1USD$100.00 a month.    

We need 5 people to get this up and running, the equipment is USD$200.00 and set up is $150.00.     With a discount for installation of $50.00 with the first 5 at one time and 50% off if we have 10 at one time.  

From what I have seen this is about 4 times faster than anyone else is presently providing.  

Contact me directly so we can get 5 going.    Well we need 4 more I am in on this.

Last edited by dean on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty mosquito update

Post by dean on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:30 am

Last edited by dean on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty Friday, July 12 @ 8 pm — Free Concert — Noche Pegajosa 2019

Post by Mesquite on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:51 am

Join us for an exciting, free, community event and dance the night away on the Malecón in La Paz to Latin, Jazz, American Funk & Soul, and DJ Alex Cruz.

See you there!

See the following link for details:

Dancing on the La Paz Malecon

Last edited by Mesquite on Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed unwanted links)

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty new dialing instructions for all mexico

Post by dean on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:41 pm

we will not have strange ways to call anymore.   all calls will be 10 digits.  starts aug 3

for today,,,    Call_h10

Last edited by dean on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:16 am

someone must have bought the island again. It is gone.... ie very humid today.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:46 am

two days ago humidity got higher and yesterday the island was missing in the morning.     Yesterday was so humid but not extream hot.    This morning island was there but still very humid.  

garbage men must not have gone out on stike, they picked up saturday..

water department working on the drip irrigation for the palms in front of deep blue and campground. I hope they also fix the 4 just south of club ceralvo.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty Bridge at LaPaz finished

Post by dean on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:44 am

my pics did not come out because I had a car behind me as I went over the bridge.  Ithis is the only decent one.

for today,,,    Bridge10

the approach tothe bridge re-paved
for today,,,    Sam_0813
for today,,,    Sam_0812

the bridge parts
for today,,,    Sam_0814
for today,,,    Sam_0815

potential shutdown/strike in garbage collection.  google translate so not exact.

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/burocratas-de-la-paz-advierten-con-paralizar-ayuntamiento-por-incumplimiento-de-ruben-munoz/
Bureaucrats of La Paz warn with paralyzing City Hall, for breach of Rubén Muñoz
May 31, 2019

The union leader of the bureaucrats of La Paz threatened to stop work this Tuesday if the City Council does not pay the salary increase that owes them, which is around more than 5,000,000 pesos
Share this news in:

La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS). The leader of the Union of Bureaucrats, Mauricio Higuera Cota , announced that there could be a work stoppage next Tuesday, June 4, in case they do not receive their salary increase payment, because the City of La Paz owes them 11.20% with reagent from January 1.

"We are the only city council of the entire state and the powers that have not met in the increases to workers, we met 5% remaining pending to cover a 11. 20% retroactive to January 1 this year. Did the meeting three days ago and presented an ultimatum, the ultimatum is Friday, not to give a proposal for how to apply those increases that are pending, we are convening a meeting, call permanent strike for next Tuesday, "said Higuera.

In this regard, he commented that the administration of Rubén Muñoz Álvarez has not responded to his request that the number of affected consists of 1,200 workers at the base of the City Council, as well as 350 employees of Drinking Water, while the amount owed in the 6.5 million pesos.

"The City Council has not given us an answer, obviously they have their income numbers, and the financial projection of what this disbursement presents, of approximately 1,200 workers at the base of the City Council; currently represents almost 5 million pesos, likewise in SAPA, which is 350 workers with a base of 1.5 million pesos. We are talking about 6.5 million pesos, which must be repealed to catch up, "stressed the President of the bureaucrats.

For the above, stressed that the Municipality of La Paz has given refusals to grant benefits to government workers, because this time not endowed with uniforms, much less provided glasses to unionized, although they are essential tools for to be able to carry out their work in the best way.

"The City of La Paz has been negative in all areas, in the field of glasses, we have the right to be provided with such a necessary item, has not complied since entering his administration, in uniforms has not met, pure negative, "said Mauricio Higuera.

Finally, he stressed that if there is no solution, trades will be rotated so that unionized workers can stop working on Tuesday.

"If there is no proposal on Friday, that is to say tomorrow, we will rotate the offices, if we had obviously notified them and the convocation that was sent to the Conciliation and Arbitration Board is without effect", he concluded.

Last edited by dean on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next