La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for today,,,

+3
blackwolf
karen
Mesquite
7 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty for today,,,

Post by dean Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 am

First topic message reminder :

from facebook:
The Servicio Meteorológico Nacional in Mexico is forecasting a slightly above average hurricane season with 17 named storms, 9 of those becoming hurricanes, and 4 of those hurricanes becoming major storms of Category 3 or higher.

for today,,,    - Page 2 Captur14

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty Re: for today,,,

Post by dean Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:34 am

weeds and Bo-bos coming out from the rains a while back.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:22 am

water temp issues of the sea,

to me the water is cooler than I ever remember for a summer. even right now at peak, when i get in some days it feels cool. That is why I believe the hurricanes have not come close to us this year, they all shot out to the way west.

also this is the only year I can remember that I have not seen one portuguese-man-of-war floating around, not one and not stung by one and i swim almost every other day. And this is the first year I have been swimming much of the time without a shirt for protection.

This season was the least number of fish boils I have ever seen, they are so rare that I have only seen a handful total all summer. I have only seen about 3 sting rays and that was a long time ago in the spring.

Air temperature seems about the same to me on my property, about 88-92 everyday, but I do note I believe the afternoon breeze is 30-50% stronger. Humidity was again high all summer. Very few days of low humidity.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mesquite Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:48 am

Concert in La Paz
JOIN US!

See the following link for more details including a map:
https://www.tenajaholdings.com/noche-pegajosa-2019

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:31 am

10 day old article saying they will have new natural gas generation plants up and running in lapaz and cabo to handle the peak demand.    This is google translate so it may not be natural gas  could be propane.

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/en-15-dias-ya-no-habra-apagones-en-bcs-se-construiran-2-nuevas-plantas-dice-cfe-a-gobernador/

In 15 days there will be no blackouts in BCS; 2 new plants will be built, says CFE to Governor

“The director committed: Regularize the supply by remedying maintenance lags within 2 weeks. Build 2 additional plants that will be added to the natural gas plant that is being developed by tender the Government of Baja California Sur in Pichilingue ”, the Head of the State Executive shared.

also get ready for road construction downtown LaPaz starting october.

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/reencarpetado-calles-principales-en-la-paz-tiene-un-95-de-avance-se-invirtieron-23-mdp/

Reencarpetado main streets in La Paz has a 95% progress; 23 million pesos were invested

The official said that, in October, it will begin with the paving of the streets surrounding the Historic Center, in La Paz

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:56 pm

early this summer it was the season of the ants. Well now it is by far the most lizard year I have ever seen. for me incredible, they are all over when you are out walking. Even seen a horned toad lizard on my property, one of my fav.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:33 am

huge storm lightning and thunder, , lots of wind rain.    5:30am

10am looks like we are done, had about half an inch of rain or more.

appears to be about 1 inch or more of rain fell. That what my buckets tell me.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 am

well we got a little rain from Ivo today, not directly from Ivo but peripheral,  maybe 1/8 to 1/4 in some places.   the mountains probably much more.    stopped about 30 minutes ago and it is 11am.   still threatening looking as i can not see the island or the mountains due to cloud cover/fog.    this rain came from the south with light wind.  

yesterday the mountains to the west had a thick patch of dark clouds covering the top, so probably a gentle rain for many hours. and had some 35 mph wind for an hour with some gusts to 45. not directly from Ivo, just a trailing wind from a storm from the mainland.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:55 pm

ivo giving us some peripheral winds/storm no rain (appears there is some up in the surrounding moutains) sabout 45mph gusts with sustained 35mph.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:33 pm

it is so humid right  now 8am....    feels like being in florida

8pm and now it is not humid, very nice out

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:07 pm

rain today gentle   started about noonish this morning was not humid at all. just stopped 1pm ish, but looks like more could come.

the sea of Cortez seems cold to me about 80-82 for this time of the year so could get lucky and no hurricanes come directly at us if they start up.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty Friday, August 9 from 8 pm — Concert on the Malecón

Post by Mesquite Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:22 am

Join us for another fabulous concert and dance the night away on the Malecón in La Paz!
Noches Pegajosas | Sticky Nights
— La China Sonidera & Deep House DJ Alex Cruz —
FREE ENTRANCE

See the following link for more details including a map:

Free Community Concerts in La Paz

Last edited by Mesquite on Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed unwanted links)

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:39 am

for today,,,    - Page 2 Swim10

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:58 am

for updates on Martins internet please go to this page in the future.

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t883-satellite-and-area-wifi-repeaters#5278

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:38 pm

https://www.mexperience.com/mexico-simplifies-telephone-dialing-rules/?fbclid=IwAR1egSrEdMNCmwD5973tBrYW9VncUmQjON3Au9A7olrF5ZCN9nz6Af7uIps

Mexico Simplifies its Telephone Dialing Rules
by Mexperience
Simple Telephony
On August 3rd, 2019 dialing Mexican telephone numbers will become simpler. This article explains the changes.

Service prefixes are no longer required
The fundamental change to the telephone dialing rules happening on August 3rd 2019 is the removal of service code prefixes associated with calling domestic long distance numbers (01) and calling Mexican cell phones from Mexican land lines (044, 045). Also, the confusing need to add the number ‘1’ when calling a Mexican cell phone from overseas is also being eliminated. The changes can be summed-up thus:

When calling from within Mexico, the dialing prefixes of 01, 044, and 045 are no longer required
When calling a Mexican cell phone from outside Mexico, the additional number ‘1’ after Mexico’s country code is no longer required
These changes greatly simplify the way that Mexican land lines and cell phones are dialed and bring Mexico’s telephone dialing rules into line with protocols used in the US and Canada.

Calling from/to Mexican land lines
Here are the rules for dialing from and to Mexican land lines as of August 3, 2019

Calling a Mexican land line from a Mexican land line in the same area: Simply dial the local number (7 or 8 digits, depending on the town/city).

Calling a Mexican land line from a Mexican land line in a different area. Dial the area code and the number. Do not dial the 01 (long distance) prefix.

Calling a Mexican land line from a Mexican cell phone: Dial the area code and the number directly from your cellphone. Do not dial the 01 (long distance) prefix.

Calling a Mexican cell phone from a Mexican land line: Dial the cell phone’s area code and number directly. Do not use 044 or 045 prefix.

Calling to/from Mexican cell phones
Here are the rules for dialing from and to Mexican cell phones as of August 3, 2019

Calling a Mexican cell phone from another Mexican cell phone while in Mexico: Dial the other cell phone’s area code and number. Do not include 044 or 045 in the code.

Calling a Mexican cell phone from overseas: Dial Mexico’s country code (+52) then the area code, and then the number. Do not include the ‘1’ after the +52, as was required before August 3, 2019.

Calling any number in Mexico from a Mexican cell phone overseas (roaming): Dial Mexico’s international code +52, then the area code, and then the number. Do not include the ‘1’ after the +52.

Calling Mexican toll-free (800) and premium toll (900) numbers
From August 3rd, 2019, whether you are calling from a Mexican land line or from a Mexican cell phone, drop the 01. Thus 01-800-123-4567 becomes 800-123-4567.

Storing numbers in your Mexican cell phone
If you roam between Mexico, the US and Canada, we recommend that you store all of your contact numbers using the international dialing format: [country code] [area code] [number]. Thus your Mexican contacts will be recorded with the +52 prefix before the area code and number, your American and Canadian contacts with the +1 prefix before the area code and number. By doing this, your calls will connect without need for you to make adjustments regardless of whether you are in Mexico or roaming in the US or Canada.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:57 am

wow the island is missing...

we just received a 1/2 hour of light rain. awesome.... maybe upto 1/8th of an inch of rain, i will check my buckets later. The rin is not hurricane-related, airflow from the mainland sent this our way.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:45 am

humid is back, started a week ago. Getting airflow from mainland again.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 am

In LaPaz the street Colima is still being worked on, so do not use it.

yesterday we got some clouds and some drops that did not last 1 minute.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty Fiber optic with telmex update

Post by dean Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Fiber optic update.   They finish running fiber optics in lapaz the end of July and they say 70% of LaPaz can have fiberoptics.    I met with the people in charge of  planning/development for Texmex yesterday and it is not encouraging for the fiberoptic out here.    They have done their initial research and have found (which I find hard to believe as a tech person, but I have been wrong before haha) the fiber they ran here years ago is not usable because it is for voice systems.      So in order for them to give us fiberoptic, they would have to run a new bundle all the way from LaPaz to here.    So they said they could have a proposal to me in 90 days.     I doubt this will be cost effective for the very few that have expressed an interest in contributing to the fund if they just use the existing fiber.    

This does not affect the below alternative I have found for relaying, but as a warning if not signed up soon it may not be possible because he would have to acquire more fiberoptic lines/connections and thus we know it can take telmex a month or two to do new hookups.   So do not expect to show up in November and think you can get service that week.   Right now he can do 35 people at 20 Mbps

Also my land line DSL from telmex was down to 2 Mbps down and 0.1 upload during the peak winter.     I use to have 10Mbps until they installed more lines.      Also at the meeting I just had Telmex is going to hook up more people and NOT increase the capacity so expect even slower internet this season from landlines/DSL.     The only good is the more people they do have subscribing is the higher the potential is it will be cost justified to increase our bandwidth.

Last edited by dean on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty NEW wireless internet in town?

Post by dean Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:23 pm

NEW wireless internet in town?  

I have found a new potential wireless internet provider to start up here in our valley, 4 times the speed of anyone in the valley presently for USD$50.00/month.         I initially contacted him about putting up cameras around town to hinder thieves.

He set up the cameras and runs them out at the light house area.   He will consider a proposal to us later.     Also, he just provided the TV/movie people at the bay of dreams with 750Gbps download so his system is already in place.  

He is right now offering 20Mbps down and  5 up for USD$50.00 a month.    50Mbps down and 10 up for 1USD$100.00 a month.    

We need 5 people to get this up and running, the equipment is USD$200.00 and set up is $150.00.     With a discount for installation of $50.00 with the first 5 at one time and 50% off if we have 10 at one time.  

From what I have seen this is about 4 times faster than anyone else is presently providing.  

Contact me directly so we can get 5 going.    Well we need 4 more I am in on this.

Last edited by dean on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty mosquito update

Post by dean Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:30 am

mosquito update for lpaz

http://www.eliminatedengue.com/mexico/noticias/view/news/1170?fbclid=IwAR2qAnh6Uyq03l7jYjn21nM_eo1KziJvcodSfCKucNHpItDWEW3YncMKezk

Last edited by dean on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty Friday, July 12 @ 8 pm — Free Concert — Noche Pegajosa 2019

Post by Mesquite Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:51 am

Join us for an exciting, free, community event and dance the night away on the Malecón in La Paz to Latin, Jazz, American Funk & Soul, and DJ Alex Cruz.

See you there!

See the following link for details:

Dancing on the La Paz Malecon

Last edited by Mesquite on Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed unwanted links)

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty new dialing instructions for all mexico

Post by dean Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:41 pm

we will not have strange ways to call anymore.   all calls will be 10 digits.  starts aug 3

for today,,,    - Page 2 Call_h10

Last edited by dean on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:16 am

someone must have bought the island again. It is gone.... ie very humid today.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:46 am

two days ago humidity got higher and yesterday the island was missing in the morning.     Yesterday was so humid but not extream hot.    This morning island was there but still very humid.  

garbage men must not have gone out on stike, they picked up saturday..

water department working on the drip irrigation for the palms in front of deep blue and campground. I hope they also fix the 4 just south of club ceralvo.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty Bridge at LaPaz finished

Post by dean Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:44 am

my pics did not come out because I had a car behind me as I went over the bridge.  Ithis is the only decent one.

for today,,,    - Page 2 Bridge10

the approach tothe bridge re-paved
for today,,,    - Page 2 Sam_0813
for today,,,    - Page 2 Sam_0812

the bridge parts
for today,,,    - Page 2 Sam_0814
for today,,,    - Page 2 Sam_0815

potential shutdown/strike in garbage collection.  google translate so not exact.

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/burocratas-de-la-paz-advierten-con-paralizar-ayuntamiento-por-incumplimiento-de-ruben-munoz/
Bureaucrats of La Paz warn with paralyzing City Hall, for breach of Rubén Muñoz
May 31, 2019

The union leader of the bureaucrats of La Paz threatened to stop work this Tuesday if the City Council does not pay the salary increase that owes them, which is around more than 5,000,000 pesos
Share this news in:

La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS). The leader of the Union of Bureaucrats, Mauricio Higuera Cota , announced that there could be a work stoppage next Tuesday, June 4, in case they do not receive their salary increase payment, because the City of La Paz owes them 11.20% with reagent from January 1.

"We are the only city council of the entire state and the powers that have not met in the increases to workers, we met 5% remaining pending to cover a 11. 20% retroactive to January 1 this year. Did the meeting three days ago and presented an ultimatum, the ultimatum is Friday, not to give a proposal for how to apply those increases that are pending, we are convening a meeting, call permanent strike for next Tuesday, "said Higuera.

In this regard, he commented that the administration of Rubén Muñoz Álvarez has not responded to his request that the number of affected consists of 1,200 workers at the base of the City Council, as well as 350 employees of Drinking Water, while the amount owed in the 6.5 million pesos.

"The City Council has not given us an answer, obviously they have their income numbers, and the financial projection of what this disbursement presents, of approximately 1,200 workers at the base of the City Council; currently represents almost 5 million pesos, likewise in SAPA, which is 350 workers with a base of 1.5 million pesos. We are talking about 6.5 million pesos, which must be repealed to catch up, "stressed the President of the bureaucrats.

For the above, stressed that the Municipality of La Paz has given refusals to grant benefits to government workers, because this time not endowed with uniforms, much less provided glasses to unionized, although they are essential tools for to be able to carry out their work in the best way.

"The City of La Paz has been negative in all areas, in the field of glasses, we have the right to be provided with such a necessary item, has not complied since entering his administration, in uniforms has not met, pure negative, "said Mauricio Higuera.

Finally, he stressed that if there is no solution, trades will be rotated so that unionized workers can stop working on Tuesday.

"If there is no proposal on Friday, that is to say tomorrow, we will rotate the offices, if we had obviously notified them and the convocation that was sent to the Conciliation and Arbitration Board is without effect", he concluded.

Last edited by dean on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:24 am

hit the dew point today. have not any other day. About to heat up end of the week.

will post some pictures of the new bridge shortly.

garbage is being picked up 2 times a week again. they have a nice new looking truck.

it appears about 1 in 15 of the palms are dead at this point. the 4 south of the hardware store are doing good but the irrigation tubing in front of the hardware store was above ground and it got smashed and now cut/removed, so those 4 do not have a water supply now.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed May 29, 2019 7:07 pm

the new bridge at lapaz is open, when I went there at 1pm it had a major event taking place on it. Then I came back at 6pm and it was open.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed May 15, 2019 7:20 am

the new bridge as you get to lapaz is close to being finished, 2 weeks ago they paved over the bridge itself.   and they have been working at re-paving the road to the southpast the junk yards.    

update on our new royal palms, they have installed irrigation dripping and it appears only about 1 in 20 have not sprung new growth and or died so far.   I can see where some of the new irrigation tubing has not been buried and was smashed by the hardware store so 2 palms may not be getting water.   right now those two look ok but if they do not notice we will have 2 more causulties.    I did see water department workers inspecting the drippers 2 days ago.

the weather here is the most incredible I can remember.    chilli nights and mornings and perfect days of 83-86 with windsurfable winds the last 2 weeks.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:46 pm

saw about 4-5 vans at club Ceralvo, must be dropping off the rumored mystery guests...

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 am

they are adding more palms, and they seem to be watering every 2 days. added palms south of deep blue to pablos.

they have fixed two of the damaged lights that cars has hit, one was missing and the other severely bent. They completely replaced all that were missing and straightened the bent one.

here is an old picture of cabo from gringo gazette

for today,,,    - Page 2 Cabo1910

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:18 am

https://radio.garden/listen/restauracion-south-bay/VDNjy4bc

This is incredible. From George

Here's something I doubt anyone has seen before. Click on any of the green dots you see on the globe and you will hear what that radio station is playing in real time.

Incredible AGAIN!

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:14 pm

food fest #1

for today,,,    - Page 2 Sam_0810
for today,,,    - Page 2 Sam_0811

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:27 am

for today,,,    - Page 2 Mines10

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:10 pm

from us consulate

Event:  Since August 2018 the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has confirmed multiple cases of antibiotic-resistant infections in U.S. patients following surgery at the Grand View Hospital in Tijuana.  The most recent cases relate to surgeries performed in mid-January 2019.  The U.S. Mission to Mexico has advised US. government employees to avoid seeking medical treatment at the Grand View Hospital until further notice.  Refer to CDC’s Travelers’ Health Alert on Drug-Resistant Infections in Mexico for additional information and future updates.  

Actions to Take:
•         Review CDC’s Travelers’ Health Alert on Drug-Resistant Infections in Mexico.
•         Review the general risks associated with medical tourism.

Assistance:
U.S. Consulate General Tijuana, Mexico
01-664-748-0129 (from Mexico)
1-844-528-6611 (from the United States)
E-mail:  ACSTijuana@state.gov

State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444

Mexico Country Information

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/alert/drug-resistant-infections-mexico

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/medical-tourism

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:33 am

Had a meeting a few days ago. I have found a professional dog trainer to do rattlesnake avoidance training in LaPaz. He needed a source of live rattlesnakes and I have found a supply of rattlesnakes for him. Now what we need is an unbreakable acrylic cage for the training to be designed and constructed. Can someone donate the time to make such an enclosure?

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:42 am

the bypass to home depot is open again....

and road over the mountain has all major pot holes filled in again.

And they are really moving on puttting in the bridge supports. Still drilling some but have some 3/4 built in with the concrete.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty new DIY minisplit AC

Post by dean Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:41 am

here is  a do-it-yourself ac mini- split.   it also has a heat cycle too and is an inverter ac as well as gold plated fins that can handle our salt air for the first one

DIY

https://www.costco.com/Mr-Cool-DIY-12K-BTU-Mini-Split-Heat-Pump-with-WIFI.product.100409871.html

110VAC
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DMDWSZ6?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-org00-win10-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-pcomp-wm-3-wm-8&ref=aa_pcomp

DIY
220VAC
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Celiera-GWX-12500-BTU-540-sq-ft-Single-Ductless-Mini-Split-Air-Conditioner-with-Heater/50236343

not DIY at half the price
220VAC
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4ALDMH?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-org00-win10-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-pcomp-wm-3-wm-8&ref=aa_pcomp

Last edited by dean on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:16 pm; edited 4 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:31 pm

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/instalaran-la-paz-300-videocamaras-la-inversion-sera-de-45-mdp/

They will install La Paz 300 video cameras; the investment will be 45 mp

The mayor said that they intend to place the cameras in the colonies and in points of citizen meeting that allows to optimize the surveillance tasks
La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS). The mayor of La Paz, Rubén Gregorio Muñoz Álvarez, mentioned that they will install 300 surveillance cameras in the urban area, whose investment will be 45,000,000 pesos.

He also indicated that the installation of the cameras is part of the second stage of the comprehensive security program for La Paz ; He also commented that the equipment will be complementary to the units that are already operating in the C-4.

"We plan to invite businessmen to join this measure by placing cameras in hotels, gas stations and shops, which can be connected to the optical system that exists," said the mayor.

In this sense, he said that they intend to place the cameras in the colonies and at citizen meeting points to form a shield, which allows to optimize the surveillance tasks and to return the inhabitants the tranquility they demand.

Finally, Muñoz Álvarez said that drones will be used, which will operate within a radius of 5 kilometers away from each command to turn them into the first technological respondents, since these will be sent to the points where an emergency is reported.

It should be noted that in 2017 , the Secretary of the Government of Baja California Sur, Álvaro de la Peña Angulo announced the installation of 120 cameras in La Paz and 33 in Los Cabos , with the purpose that these teams could support in the investigation of crimes committed .

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:30 pm

its official as of jan 1 the hotel tax for airbnb will be auto payed by airbnb to baja sur.

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/ya-es-oficial-quienes-alquilen-en-airbnb-en-bcs-deberan-pagar-el-impuesto-al-hospedaje/

It is official: those who rent on Airbnb in BCS, must pay the Lodging Tax

The agreement with the company will be added to the tasks of state promotion in the national and international market
L a Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS). The governor of Baja California Sur , Carlos Mendoza Davis , announced that those who rent on Airbnb in the state will have to pay the 3% lodging tax.

In this regard, the president said that the accumulated will be allocated to the tourism promotion trust for the State of Baja California Sur, as does the resource provided by hoteliers, for this same payment.

He also stressed that, with this agreement, more possibilities are open to carry out actions for the Airbnb company to cooperate with the state in terms of innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainable tourism.

In this sense, Mendoza Davis indicated that, more are more than 6,000 spaces of the entity, listed in this company and that only in July 2018, more than 100 thousand travelers arrived in the state.

Similarly, the state executive, stressed that the agreement with the company will be added to the tasks of state promotion in the national and international market, which will impact on a greater presence of visitors in different destinations of the peninsula.

" We will work together in the promotion and dissemination of the destination, using technology and innovation in favor of the Baja Californians," said Carlos Mendoza .

Finally, he also expressed the interest to strengthen, from this 2019, the presence of this service in the municipalities of Comondú , Loreto and Mulegé where there are also great attractions, for which a strategy would be developed that allows the training of hosts

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:49 pm

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/ahora-los-ciudadanos-de-la-paz-podran-pagar-el-impuesto-predial-en-tiendas-oxxo/

Now the citizens of La Paz will be able to pay the Property Tax in Oxxo stores

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:59 am

yesterday about 1/2 inch of rain
here is the data for tourism in baja at airports.  

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/en-baja-california-sur-3-destinos-cerraron-el-2018-con-aumento-de-turistas-aereos/

The La Paz Airport had an increase of 9.2%, this being the destination with the highest growth at the end of 2018
La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS) . The destinations of Loreto, La Paz and Los Cabos reported an increase in the arrival of passengers by air at the end of 2018, said the head of the Ministry of Tourism, Economy and Sustainability (Setues ) in the entity, Luis Humberto Araiza López .

In relation to the above, the Aeroportuario del Pacífico Group (GAP) indicated that La Paz registered an increase of 9.2% and Los Cabos of 6.9%, in relation to the previous year; Loreto had a growth of 6.3, according to data from the International Airport of Loreto (ASA).

"The South-Californian economy grows and strengthens with great dynamism, this is thanks to the momentum and consolidation of the tourism industry," the official added.

These numbers translate into an important economic income, not only for hotels and restaurants, but for local commerce, which pays for the progress of all citizens.

Araiza Lopez added that the office in charge of the office designs strategies, jointly with the State and Municipal Trusts, to keep pace and face the challenges that arise in the tourist field.

"Tourism is the main engine of our economy, it is a source of thousands of jobs and therefo

uber it appears is set to be allowed in Nov 22 of this year, taxis protesting.

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/taxistas-se-manifiestan-en-congreso-de-bcs-piden-prorroga-a-iniciativa-que-legalizara-uber/

Taxi drivers demonstrate at the BCS Congress; request an extension to initiative that will legalize Uber

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/preparan-triatlon-de-deportes-extremos-en-la-ventana-vendran-atletas-internacionales/

They prepare extreme sports triathlon at La Ventana; international athletes will come

La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS). The director of the Municipal Sports Institute in La Paz (IMD), Guillermo Ortalejo said that the City Council of Mayor Ruben Muñoz Alvarez will prepare a triathlon of extreme sports in La Ventana , where international athletes will participate, which aims to promote activities sports in the sub-delegations of La Paz.
He also commented that this event will take place from April 8 to 14, in which activities such as kiteboarding, mountain biking and surfing will be practiced.
Guillermo Ortalejo mentioned these activities will have the endorsement of the Mexican Association of Kiteboarding and that in addition to the aforementioned dynamics, in this triathlon will also be developed gastronomic and cultural activities for the enjoyment of the spectators.
"The Challenged Window will also be accompanied with cultural and gastronomic activities for the enjoyment and enjoyment of the spectators", concluded Ortalejo.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Uber / Uber service service... 6647571229

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/cada-sabado-de-2019-cerraran-calles-en-el-centro-de-la-paz-sera-para-el-mercado-organico/?fbclid=IwAR1stRkhkdG-3lluaj5IwpzWpX-u1Yu19sg5whxcJ3QM1y0p8seVclbmmI8

Every Saturday of 2019, they will close streets in the center of La Paz; it will be for the organic market

The measure will be implemented from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. during each Saturday of this year; will only allow access to local vehicles, said Municipal Transit of La Paz
La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS) . Starting this Saturday, January 12 and for the rest of the year, the closure of two roads in the historic center of La Paz will be implemented , with the aim of developing the Organic Market, announced the Directorate of Public Safety, Police Preventive and Municipal Transit (DGSPPPTM ).

The measure includes the closure of Francisco I. Madero Street, from Miguel Hidalgo and Costill to Calle 5 de Mayo, as well as Constitucion Street, which will be closed from Belisario Domínguez to Calle Revolución from 1910 .

about 1/16 inch of rain last night

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:50 pm

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 1:00pm join University of San Diego Emeritus Professor, Iris Engstrand who will read from her recently published, second edition book, Joaquín Velázquez de León: Royal Officer in Baja California, 1768-1770. Professor Engstrand’s reading will be held in the tea room of the Museo Ruta de Plata located on Calle Municipal, El Triunfo, BCS. Copies of the Professor Engstrand’s book will be on sale at the museum gift store and she will be available after her talk for a book signing.

Originally published in 1976, Engstrand’s second edition book published by Editorial Museo Ruta de Plata brings to life the unique colonial era, expeditionary efforts of Velázquez de León, an officer who served the Spanish Crown in Baja California’s Cape Region as well as his historic role in documenting the 1769 Transit of Venus from peninsula’s first colonial settlement at Real de Santa Ana. Engstrand’s book also highlights Velázquez de León’s testy relationship with Manuel de Ocio, Baja California’s first entrepreneur.

According to Engstrand, “the new edition of Joaquín Velázquez de León: Royal Officer in Baja California--1768-1770 brings together an analysis of the 1769 Transit of Venus with a recreation of the Transit in 2012. New illustrations in an affordable publication give the reader an unparalleled opportunity to understand the accomplishments of Spain in science and mining in Baja California during the late eighteenth century.”

for today,,,    - Page 2 49656210

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:56 am

we had about 1/8 of an inch of rain yesterday.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:28 am

Dear Clients,

The Official Journal of the Mexico Federation decrees that the minimum daily wage for 2019 will be $102.68 pesos. That is an increase over the current daily minimum wage of 16.21%. The new minimum daily border wage will be $176.72 pesos.

This increase will have effect policies that calculate limits based on a multiple of minimum wage salary days, as it is with Liability for damages to third parties, or the deductibles in the HOA policies.

As your Insurance Agent, it is our duty to keep you informed about the changes in the country that directly affect your risk management.

If you have any questions about your current policy, please contact your Novamar Account Executive.

We will be glad to assist you.

Cordially,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estimados Clientes,

El Diario Oficial de la Federación decretó que el Salario Mínimo para el 2019 será de $102.68 pesos diarios. Esto es un incremento en el salario mínimo actual de 16,21%. El salario mínimo Fronterizo será de $176.72 pesos

Este incremento afectará a las pólizas que calculan sus límites basados en un múltiplo de días de salario mínimo, como es el caso de la responsabilidad civil por daños a terceros o los deducibles en las pólizas de HOA. (Asociaciones Civiles).

Como su agente de Seguros, es nuestro deber mantenerlo informado sobre los cambios que se realicen en el país y que afecten directamente a su administración de riesgos.

Por favor si tiene alguna duda acerca de su póliza actual, contacte a su Ejecutivo de cuenta de Novamar.

Estaremos encantados de ayudarle.

Cordialmente,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MGI Agente de Seguros, S.A. de C.V.

Phone: 322 297 64 40 | MX 01 800 627-4637 | USA-CANADA (949) 274-4111

info@novamar.net

wwwnovamarinsurance.com.mx

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty Book Talk & Signing — 12 Jan 2019 @1pm — Museo Ruta de Plata

Post by Mesquite Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Join University of San Diego Emeritus Professor Iris Engstrand who will be in El Triunfo to read from her recently published book, Joaquín Velázquez de Leon: Royal Officer in Baja California, 1768-1770. The reading will take place in the museum's tea salon at 1pm. The book will be on sale in the gift shop and the author will be available for signing. Enjoy lunch, hear the talk, see the museum and pick up this book that provides a unique chance to understand Spain's accomplishments in science and mining in Baja during the late 1700s.

See you on the 12th!

info@museorutadeplata.com
https://www.museorutadeplata.com
+52 1 (612) 229 5587

for today,,,    - Page 2 Museo-ruta-de-plata-book-signing-150x150

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:43 am

well, probably about 2-4 inches of rain is my estimate.   should be ending shortly as seen on some of the weather maps at this link.

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t524-weather-maps

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm

we are getting rain...

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:28 am

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/confirmado-desde-este-lunes-estan-prohibidos-los-perros-en-el-malecon-la-paz-habra-multas/?fbclid=IwAR39uo0pDKISSIYUV5qiTzpB5vSVlAQHLl5mFeKv3SZC7qwnoQAyRrXQELY

Confirmed: from this Monday the dogs are prohibited in the La Paz boardwalk; there will be fines

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:15 am

bpe wrote: Fake Bills Alert: I was shopping in La Paz and was shown that one of the 50 peso notes I tried to pay with was a counterfeit bill. The store owner said there is a real problem with the $50 and $200 peso notes. You can easily see it is fake by rubbing something on the picture of the face – the ink rubs off ( like a scratch ticket). I have not heard of the problem, so I thought I would pass it on. I really will watch my bills from now on! (Unsigned)

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 2 Empty Discover the New Silver Route Museum in El Triunfo !

Post by Mesquite Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:58 pm

Opening November 17, the new Museo Ruta de Plata is dedicated to preserving and interpreting the rich mining history and settlement of the Cape Region. The museum complex offers exciting, interactive exhibits, indoor & outdoor spaces, fine art, a gift shop, and options for wining and dining.

Join us soon!

+52 1 (612) 229 5587
info@museorutadeplata.com
https://www.museorutadeplata.com

for today,,,    - Page 2 History-museum-baja-mexico

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next