La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurricane Jimena Sept 2009

Go down

Hurricane Jimena Sept 2009 Empty Re: Hurricane Jimena Sept 2009

Post by admin Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:33 am

Weds died out at about 3am. now is clean up. light breeze today. with some rare 15-20mph gusts. no damage...

walked the beach and relatively clean. many dead sea urchins.

5 pm and heavy winds (15h guesting to 25 sometimes would be my guess) no rain all day. humidity is way down so things are evaporating fast. very comfortable temperature too.
admin
admin
Admin

http://www.laventana.rocks

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Jimena Sept 2009 Empty Re: Hurricane Jimena Sept 2009

Post by admin Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:38 am

Tuesday 7am drizzle, ground is soaking. no wind. 8:30am heavy downpour maybe 1-2 inches an hour right now. 8:40 wind has picked up to 10mph with gusts of about 20 and heavy rain. Arroyos should flood if this keeps up at this pace. backed off as of 11 am and no rain for now. from what I can estimate our strongest wind should be from 6pm to 6am about 60mph winds max. we are 2:45pm getting medium rain as expected and about 30 mph winds gusting to 45 onshore is my estimate.

we have lost phone, but internet is working., fixed phone a connector was wet.

the storm lulled around dinner so went for walk on beach about 10 mph with off and on guests or spells of 30mph. Large waves warm wind. tide with waves were flooding parts of the campground, arroyos still not running. just past the campground where the city put the palapa on the beach this summer in front of the house formerly owned by Gene there was a group of people. We walked there and they were watching a turtle climbing up to the high point of the beach and dug and laid the eggs and left. Turtle returned to the water at about 1 hour after dusk. we walked back to deanovista and the rain intensity increased significantly, we are now soaked. we took the road home as i was bare foot. Police stopped us to see if we were ok because the rain was now heavier with 20mph winds, but warm rain..

right now 11:20 pm there has not been heavy rain or wind since early in the day. we will see what the back end of the hurricane brings, from the websites it shows we should have experienced the worst of the first half. we are at the midway point as I just checked. it shows right now it is only a cat 3 now. obviously have phone and we have electric.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Jimena Sept 2009 Empty Hurricane Jimena Sept 2009

Post by admin Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:31 pm

appears to be diminishing chance of it hitting LaVentana.    noon 8/31/2009

we have had minor rain with a decent soaker and one strong morning wind day.    Very humid before it.   and heavy clouds today.  rare day in the baja no sun.

5pm just sprinkles no wind.  5:20 very heavy clouds, have lost  satellite TV.   a bit breezy now

8 pm stopped drizzling, this slow drizzle should be great for a very green desert this year.    temperature very nice at 6pm, about 80 degrees, very rare for summer to be this cold.   Sat TV working again.

www.weatherunderground.com works well

Last edited by Admin on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down