La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

telcel with ATT general cell phone

Go down

telcel with ATT  general cell phone Empty Re: telcel with ATT general cell phone

Post by dean Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:04 am

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/roaming.html?tab=1#fbid=QIqtdsP6nfH
att new plan

dean

Back to top Go down

telcel with ATT  general cell phone Empty Re: telcel with ATT general cell phone

Post by dean Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:37 am

T-Moble phones do work here now.    tested today.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 am

note for laVentana moviestar does not work in LaVentana.Only telcell and ATT

bpe

2) Iphone 5 customers of Verizon can use the GSM Sim Card slot in their phones. Most people are unaware that Verizon left the Sim Card slot on the Iphone 5 unlocked (electronically). You can purchase a GSM Sim Card from either Telcel or Telefonica Moviestar and use your Iphone 5 here. You will be assigned a Mexican Cell number. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA technology which is not compatible with Telcel or Telefonica Moviestar. That same Iphone 5 Sim slot is used in most countries throughout the world.
Note: CDMA is available in only 9 countries globally. GSM is a world standard. Mexico does have a few Verizon Towers - Cabo airport and a few in La Paz. Here is a link to Verizon coverage in Mexico: http://businessportals.verizonwireless.com/international/traveling_to/North_America/Mexico.html
thecomputerguy (thecomputerguy@usa.com)

dean

Back to top Go down

telcel with ATT  general cell phone Empty att go phone fine print.

Post by dean Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 am

from Floyd
About GoPhone Pick Your Plan roaming in Mexico
Now you can use your GoPhone Pick Your Plan service when you travel to Mexico.
• All voice calls made or received while roaming in Mexico will be charged $0.25 per minute. Mobile-to-Mobile and Nights and Weekend minutes can't be used while in Mexico.
• You can also send text and instant messages for $0.50 per message, send picture, video, or voice messages for $1.30 per message, and browse the Internet for $1.95 per kilobyte. Domestic rates apply when receiving messages in Mexico. A compatible phone is required.
• To make an international call in Mexico, you'll need to use the international number format, which is (+), followed by the country code, and then the phone number. On most GSM phones, you can get a plus sign by holding down the 0 key. The country code for the United States is 1, you would call the U.S. from Mexico by dialing "+1", then the area code and number. To make a local call in Mexico, dial the 10 digit number (area code and local number).
• When roaming outside the U.S., most phones allow you to reach voice mail by holding down the 1 key. If you are unable to reach voice mail this way, dial your own wireless number (inserting a +1 before the number) and press the * key during the voice mail greeting. You will need to know your voice mail password. Calls to voice mail when roaming internationally are billed at international roaming rates.
• To reach Customer Care while roaming in Mexico, you can call 611 from your wireless phone or +1 (408) 962-1025 from any landline phone.

After 25 min on skype this is what I found out. The 4cents per day turns out to be data/internet and if your phone has that turned on you get that charge. The 95cents on the 4th is a monthly charge by my zip code according to ATT. It is monthly.....so otherwise what they say is accurate. The GPRS is supposed to be the phone pinging the towers.....but that certainly isn't in the advertising. I had them turn off data.

dean

Back to top Go down

telcel with ATT  general cell phone Empty more ATT cell phone go phone

Post by dean Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:13 am

person asked:

do you only pay the day use fee on days you use it? what about on days
you only recieve calls? did you have to sign up for viva mexico plan
my answer:
Only the days you either call someone or answer the phone do you pay the $2.00 fee while in the USA. But while in Mexico they did not charge me a $2.00 fee, just 26 cents a minute.

And no, this is no plan, it is called a go phone plan. Pay as you go. It automatically works for mexico, I did not have to do anything. So no contract and such, you have to add time when you need it. And as I mentioned, for $100.00 it is active for 1 year and you have $100.00 credit that does roll over with another extension.
another person asked

I went to their website....it is a bit convoluted to explain, but I think what I said below is correct. Key is the no charge when in mex other than roaming per minute...

Maybe I didnt read this closely enough, but are you saying the phone was $20, and you got 15 days of credit. If you dont talk there is no charge on those days for the 3 month period. Then if you talk it is per minute outside the us, and if you exceed the $2 daily, there is no $2 charge? So if you add $100 you get activated for a year with 50 days (additional?). The rate for calls internal in mex and to/from mex to us is 0.26 per minute.

Did I get that correctly?
Thx

my answer

Yep, when I bought it read their website, and could not definitively tell. So the actual use told me what is going on. that is why while in the usa made a call to mexico for no reason so I could see the charge on-line. And did the same down here and checked on-line.

Yep you pretty much have it.

Only clarification, they do not have a $2.00 fee for phone usage when out of the country. It is only a 0.26 per minute call fee.

dean

Back to top Go down

telcel with ATT  general cell phone Empty att pay as you go cell phone

Post by dean Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:05 am

I recently purchased an att "go phone" pay as you go cell phone up in the USA while I was there. I went on the US plan of $2.00 a day for unlimited calls. while I was up there in the USA I was able to call mexico with it for $0.26 cents a minute. When you get on this plan it automatically allows mexico you do not need to sign up for anything else for it to work down here also.

After returning to Mexico I tested it and was able to call here in mexico for $0.25 cents a minute. And they did not charge me the additional $2.00 a day use because I was not in the USA for the unlimited calls. So this is a very good deal for those of us who do not live on our cell phones and do go up to the USA for trips.

I bought the this phone for $20.00 and it had $30.00 of credit (so 15 days of use in the USA included, use it one day for $2.00 and it will have the credit when you use it again in 30 days, 90 days or what ever your minutes came with) . and only pay the $2.00 when I actuallly use the phone (get a call or make a call, the phone can be on but if you do not answer it does not count as a day). With that plan, it is active for 3 months and then i have to add credit, if I do not add credit in that time I lose my credit and i get another month or so before the phone number is lost. If I add $100.00 of credit it is active for 1 year and i have $100.00 additional credit. If you add credit in a timely fashion yyou do not lose your old minutes that were not used.

and you can add credit online and see your entire detailed calling and account online. (lets say you lose your phone, well you can see where the calls were made)

I have a land line so this is a much easier to use system for me to make calls and to have a active phone for the states without paying a ton. I was using a net10 phone but is is so dificult to re-instate it and you could not call Mexico or use it in Mexico.

dean

Back to top Go down

telcel with ATT  general cell phone Empty recharging phone online to keepit active

Post by dean Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:42 am

http://www.prepaidwireless.com/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:52 pm

http://www.solutionsabroad.com/en/communications/communication-category/cellullar-phones.html

dean

Back to top Go down

telcel with ATT  general cell phone Empty telcel with ATT general cell phone

Post by dean Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:54 pm

http://www.telcel.com/portal/telcel.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=IV_BeforeYouLeavePage&seccion=71

Before you Leave

* Verify that your Wireless provider has an agreement signed with Telcel.
* TELCEL's network is 1900 Mhz for GSM and 850 Mhz for 3G.
* Voltage in Mexico is 110/127 VAC with american electric socket.
* Contact your wireless provider to find out restrictions in I.R. Services

Customer Service

* Mexico (55) 25 81 33 00
* U.S.A. 1 888 350 40 35
* Canada 1 877 837 56 18
* Rest of the World 00 / (+) 52 55 25 81 33 00

For further information please contact us by e-mail clicking the E-MAIL icon in this section.

Available the all year long in the following schedules:

* Monday to Friday: from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
* Saturday & Sunday: from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

ATT USA plan with mexico

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/viva-mexico.jsp
http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/affordable-world-packages.jsp?wtSlotClick=1-0026F0-0-1&WT.svl=calltoaction

Last edited by dean on Fri May 28, 2010 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down