La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cleaners

Go down

cleaners  Empty Re: cleaners

Post by dean Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:45 am

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Microban/N-5yc1vZegp

microban reported good for 24 hours

dean

Back to top Go down

cleaners  Empty cleaners

Post by dean Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:40 am

here is the contact coating United Airlines is using for their planes, that claims IS effective on Covid-19.   Claims it works for 30 days.   I could not find the technical documentation to the half life data for the effectiveness.   Shelf life of the raw ingredient is several years.   To me mandatory to try for construction workers, bar employees and school settings.    and any office setting.  

Again I was not able to find how quickly it acts (again note United is using it), I had noted one that is not available for consumers and had not yet been tested on covid that in the hospital trial it dropped the rate of illnesses from hospitals by 36% and that one was effective on germs at 10 minutes and at a high rate about 90% in 30 minutes of tested germs.    That is the type of data I wanted to see on this product.  

They have a hand lotion that they say is effective for a day too.    While this is good I would have it on my hands daily, but when going out I would use soap and water and gel constantly when I go out to the store or a restaurant.    

not for food contact surfaces.

Again noting I had researched materials for contact killing of germs 20 years ago for computer keyboards that as we know have a germ load 400 times higher than a toilet seat.    But I gave up because none acted fast enough at that time that were permanent.   at that time silver ions were the state of the art but 6 hours was not what I was looking for.   I think one that uses silver ions is microban, that is not effective for C19..    

https://www.hstoday.us/industry/bravatek-partners-with-z-systems-and-zoono-to-combat-virus-outbreaks/

The agreement was entered into following BVTK’s agreement with ZoonoUSA, a manufacturer and supplier of advanced technology products that offer germ protection, long after the product is applied, by creating a protective shield on the surface it is applied to. This shield lasts about 30 days on surfaces and 24 hours on skin, when natural exfoliation occurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGUv_R5oU0c&feature=youtu.be

https://www.hstoday.us/industry/independent-tests-conclude-zoono-microbe-shield-sanitizes-and-kills-covid-19/

https://zoonousa.com/product/zoono-z71-surface-protectant/

Description
The Zoono Microbe Shield product is a revolutionary, highly effective water-based antimicrobial technology available in a surface sanitizer that inhibits the growth of stain and odor bacteria, mold, mildew, and fungi. “Reapply every three months (90 days) or as necessary”. At Zoono, out of an abundance of caution and because we have repeatedly tested product performance, we believe a 28 day reapplication interval is ideal for most usage occasions to ensure the highest levels of sustained hygiene. The noncorrosive, nontoxic product lays down a bacteriostatic defensive layer that resembles millions of tiny “pins” that physically punctures microbes by puncturing them when they come in contact with a treated surface. Unlike traditional disinfectants that only work while they are wet, Zoono starts to work while it is wet but works best once it has dried, offering a continuous bacteriostatic/fungistatic barrier that protects surfaces and keeps these bacteria from colonizing hundreds of times longer than typical disinfectant protocols and hygiene regimens.

Zoono Microbe Shield can be used as a final bacteriostatic finish on the following items to impart bacteriostatic/fungistatic (mold and mildew) activity:

Air filters for furnaces, air-conditioners, air purification devices, automobiles, recirculating air handling systems
Air filters/materials
Apparel recreational gear, outwear, sportswear, sleepwear, socks, hosiery, undergarments, gloves and uniforms
Aquarium filter material
Athletic gear and sports equipment
Automotive and vehicular parts
Awnings
Building materials and components
Blankets
Bedspreads
Bed sheets, blankets, and bedspreads
Bathroom and non-food contact kitchen hardware
Book covers and pictures
Carpets, carpet underlay and draperies
Ceiling Tiles
Cloth for sails
Curtains
Draperies
Non-food contact counter tops
Concrete products
Concrete additive for sewer pipes, manholes and concrete sewer structures; not to be used in treatment of storm drains
Non-food contact convey or humidifier belts
Non-woven disposable diapers
Fiberfill for upholstery, sleeping bags, apparel, where the fiber is cotton, natural down, nylon, polyester, rayon, or wool
Fire hose fabric
Fabrics (natural and synthetic, woven and non-woven)
Fiberglass ductboard for air handling systems at point of manufacture
Filling and ticking
Fire hose fabric
Flooring
Floor covering
Foam for packing and cushioning in non-food contact applications
Footwear (boots, shoes and components)
Furniture
General purpose ( non-food contact) containers
Interior non food contact hard surfaces: floors, walls, ceiling tiles, ceramic, tile, concrete, chrome, stainless steel, vinyl, porcelain, paper wall covering, wood and glass fixture, marble, aluminum, book covers, pictures and furniture.
Leather (natural and synthetic)
Mattress pads and ticking
Mats
Men’s underwear and outerwear
Non-woven disposable diapers
Non-woven polyester
Outerwear apparel (jackets, sweaters, sweatshirts, coats, raincoats, overcoats, jerseys, ponchos)
Zoono Antimicrobial can be used in paints and coatings as an in can preservative for protection of paint film and coating film.
Non-food contact conveyor belts, humidifier belts.
Pillow covers
Plumbing supplies and fixtures
Polyurethane and cellulose foam for household, industrial, and institutional sponges and mop
Polyurethane and polyethylene foam, when covered
Polyurethane foam for packaging and cushioning in non- food contact applications
Polyurethane foam used as a growth medium for non- food crops and plants
Quilts and pillows
Roofing materials – defined as shingles, roofing granules, tiles, membranes, under layment wood shakes, felt, stone and synthetic overcoats
Rugs
Sheet and formed glass
Sand bags, tents, tarpaulins, sails, and ropes
Athletic and casual shoes
Shoe insoles
Shower curtains
Socks comprised of nylon, nylon/orlon, cotton/nylon, linen/Lycra, acrylic/polypropylene/nylon/Lycra, wool/silk/nylon/Lycra and wool/acrylic/nylon/Lycra
Tarps
Tents and other outdoor equipment

ok found the time fo 99.99 elimination, if true in 5 minutes it is a very good coating for most applications.

https://www.hstoday.us/industry/bravatek-partners-with-z-systems-and-zoono-to-combat-virus-outbreaks/

Zoono is confident that it is extremely well positioned to be part of the solution to combat both coronavirus and other new virus threats. Zoono’s Z71 Microbe Shield Surface Sanitizer was successfully tested in 2014 against bovine coronavirus (i.e., a surrogate recognized by the World Health Organization for other members of the coronaviridae family, including the MERS virus). Independent test results confirmed a 99.99% efficacy in five minutes.

Last edited by dean on Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum