La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

places to eat

Go down

places to eat Empty Re: places to eat

Post by dean Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:53 pm

. "R Place" Restaurant opens Wednesday (formerly Big Ruby's )
Posted by: "Betty Harmon"
Date: Sun Nov 5, 2017 1:15 pm ((PST))

In El Centenario Km 15

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:42 pm

higher end with  a sunday buffet.

https://www.facebook.com/Sorstisrestaurante

Revolución No. 385 Esq. Constitución y Restaurante Corazón Zona Centro, 23000 La Paz, Baja California Sur  one block from Cinco de Mayo

You still don't decide where to go for breakfast today? Join us this wonderful day of #dominicalbrunch with the taste you'll love. We have what your palate needs #elsabordeldomingo.
$ 265 adults
$ 140 kids

From 10 am to 2 pm we are to serve you in #sorstis

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:03 pm

lpg wrote:
based on a recommendation from a friend, we met friends at el mesquite grill last night. its on madero between ocampo and bravo on water side. no sign but orange front with an open air grille. used to be the old buffalitos burger place we got there at 6:30 and left about 8:30 and were the only ones there. i had heard they served a chateaubriand for 2,3 or 4 people or more. we started with excellent margaritas and wine and decided to get a Chateaubriand for 4. we ordered medium/medium rare. it took a while but the waitress came and asked us to move to a much larger table and then served this spectacular meal. the meat was served on a very large platter and cut into very thick slices. there were 2 rows of rare and 2 rows of medium served with 4 baked potatos, lots of sliced zucchini, and a large slice of nopal cactus. normally Chateaubriand has a bearnaise sauce but they served 2 bowls of a mushroom gravy which was excellent. Also lots of garlic bread and a big platter of grilled green onions. way too much even for 4 of us.

this was some of the best, most tender beef i have had in mexico and cooked perfectly. the menu has a lot of other dishes including tuna and steaks but i think the chateaubriand is their specialty. took plenty home for a second meal. and the price per person was about $15usd
it's going to be on my short list when i want beef!!!

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue May 02, 2017 6:10 pm

lpg wrote:Just had the best Chicken Fettuccine at Juana La Loca in La Paz. The ambience was wonderful and the wait staff were so attentive and friendly. What a romantic evening

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:10 am

lpg wrote:On the corner of 5 de Febereo and Guillermo Prieto (between the big church dome and immigration on Febrero) sits a practical and affordable Italian eatery. I ate the meaty raviolis and my friend had the lasagna (90 I think) with salad and drink. The check was so low that I thought there was a mistake since we had desert too. The owner explained that the pricing was sufficient for him to continue doing business out of his house, since the overhead was low, and allowed him to do what he loved. All the pastas, sauces, and deserts are made right there. You can't miss the tiramisu. It's fantastic. I didn't have a camera but I will post a picture from their FB page of the tiramisu. It tastes as good as it looks (so rare in La Paz for the baked goods). Tasty, made from scratch, cheeeeap, and fun. No liquour license but if you brought your own and didn't make a big thing about it I think you would be ok. The FB page is Tiramisu, La Paz and shows all the things he sells as well as the phone number. It's a small place so you can call ahead for a party or order the tiramisu by the kilo (no joke, he sells a lot of it).

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:23 pm

here were some recommendations in LPG

Il Rustico, Tres Virgenes, Big Ruby’s are three really good ones.

Zoe at Hotel Mediteraine on Allende is one of my favorites

Mezzo Mundo, Sortis and Tiramisu are all excellent. Mezzo Mundo is high end Italian and Tiramisu more general Italian. Sortis is excellent high end Continental. At the Marina you have several good ones. Dock Cafe, Capri and a couple of others are good solid choices.

Marlin Club, Big Ruby's, Nebrasso Brazillian all you can eat

Mcfisher the best yellow tail dinner for that matter all their meals are above average...way above average. The yellow tail is done on mesquite and is accompanied by an exquisite salad of tender greens topped with thin tasty slices of a variety of fruits. We also had lunch and breakfast there and each time they knock it out of the park. McFisher is on Morelos-Pavon next to Trocaderos either between Serdan and Revolucion or or between Revolucion and Madero.

Buffalo BBQ at La Posada Hotel, Nim, and both Azul Marino and the Japanese restaurant at Costa Baja are excellent.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:53 pm

lpg wrote:I discovered an amazing new restaurant yesterday. It is Trattoria Mezzomondo. Located at Abasolo near Colima. In front of the Chedraui. It is beautiful and spacious inside, run by the owners (ALWAYS a good thing). We were surprised and very pleased at the high quality of the food, the presentation and service. The prices are very fair and the ambiance is perfect from the music to the lighting. We had the home made Papardelle with mushrooms and peas in a cream sauce and the Farfalle with seafood. Beautiful presentation with attention to detail. Speechless at how good those dishes were! This restaurant is a great addition to our little town of foodies and welcomed among the small elite group of hard working restaurateurs of BAJA in constant pursuit of excellence! Go try it! You won't be disappointed. La Fulana speaking!

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:12 am

lpg wrote:Just had fettuccini pesto at this delightful rustic eatery - delicious food, both the main course and the decadent desserts! Everything made from scratch. The owner is a hoot. We will return.. Guillermo Prieto and 5 de Febrero. Very inexpensive.

Lisa

Tiramasu is the name, going toward downtown on Guillermo Prieto it is about 50 ft. Before the corner of 5 de Febrero on the right.
Very small, one table on the sidewalk plus some counter with barstools.

Open 12-4 & 7-11, closed one day but cam't remember which

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu May 21, 2015 8:05 am

lpg wrote:Thanks to Candi we ran to Christinas new restaurant the moment she posted Christina had opened in La Paz only to find her closed. found her closed.  Here's the scoop - tragically, her older daughter had just passed away and she had to shut down and deal with that (just as she was opening).  She is now open, currently all seven days from 9:00 AM to 7:00 in the evening.  The new location is in a 100 year old home and is a bit hard to find. As you turn off of 5th de Feb onto Prieto (one way running toward Centro), the new location is on the right hand side of the street maybe 100 feet from the corner but is partially hidden by trees.  Over the top Jalisco food in a funky setting. Her flavors aren't duplicated anywhere, she is that good! Everything is just as great as before and hopefully with her new location she can attract a larger clientele base, she deserves to succeed.  TWO THUMBS UP - Los Jacales de Christy     - (612)197-7215 Guillermo Prieto y 5th de Feb Monday thru Sunday - open 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM  Well worth trying.  Bob Stephenson

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty panda zone type place via LPG

Post by dean Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:45 am

> was filling up at pemex, at serdan and cinco de mayo, yesterday and spotted a new small takeout place had just opened.  it's directly across from pemex right on the NE corner.  just been open 3 weeks.  extremely clean and wonderful food.  solo pollo, orange, teriyaki,kung pao, agridulce, mushroom, broccoli plus fried and white rice and chow mein and 10 peso spring rolls.  thats everything but just wonderful.  three choices for $55p (1 item plus rice),$ 65p (2 items + rice) and $75p ( 3 items plus rice).  the 75 peso includes 3 chickens and 1 side.  i got two of the #3's and got to sample 6 types of chicken plus both rice's.  all excellent but the orange was outstanding.  the teriyaki had a crunchy, caramelized coating.  also the fried rice was not greasy and the spring roll's were great.  easily enough for 2 full dinners for 2 people.  open kitchen with 2  cooks and everything fresh.  impressive!
>
> they're open from noon to 6pm and closed mondays.  they have 4-5
> tables to eat inside but looks more like the specialize in takeout.  
> the owner is a young guy, juan carlos, who spent 6 yrs in usa and most
> recently in gilbert az at a panda zone.  they're on face book at
> orange chicken factory and phone is 122 93 93
>  
> juan carlos said he's doing well and already breaking even.  hope he makes it.  highly recommend!!

5. Esperanza's Japanese Restaurant will be closed on Sundays and Monday
Posted by: n
Date: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:30 pm ((PDT))

Hello everyone, I hope this message finds you well and staying cool from the already hot weather! I would like to let you know that Esperanza's Japanese Restaurant will be closed on Sundays and also on Mondays starting this weekend, over the next 3 months. We plan to do some renovation of the restaurant using this time. We apologize for the inconvenience especially to those of you who have come on Mondays. Esperanza's Japanese Restaurant is located on Lerdo de Tejada and Ignacio Zaragoza in La Paz Centro, two blocks up the hill from Burger King (on the corner across the street from Señor Sushi). We are open from 1 pm to 10 pm Tuesday through Thursday and to 11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays (closed on Sundays). At the moment we accept cash only. Our number is 612-152-9189. More information and updates can be found at Esperanza's https://www.facebook.com/EsperanzasYakiniku Have a nice weekend and a happy Semana Santa! Nozomi (Esperanza)

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty ATHENA'S MEDITERRANEAN CUISINE map

Post by dean Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:45 am

Its greek to me...........

places to eat Captur14

places to eat Captur13

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty Athena's mediterranean cuisine

Post by dean Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:14 am

Athena's mediterranean cuisine Gyro... 

Athena's mediterranean cuisine https://www.facebook.com/don.crudos best restaurant bar in baja... great food great service parkin lot wi-fi     

Athena will open for the first time in La Paz this next Saturday at 630 pm. They are next to Otra Vez on Madero at cinco de mayo. Pay for your drinks but Alan and Cludo send out menu samplers at no charge as their way of introducing themselves to the community.   Les

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:40 am

.  2 60" tv's, ice cold a/c and great food.  like a 50's diner with root beer floats, milkshakes, banana splits, burgers, great fries, onion rings etc.  the kobe beef come from greg normans ranch in australia.  a lot of the food is imported from USA.  their prime rib comes from nevada.

alessandro, the chef has been there since palermos opened and is a wonderful chef and person.  he'll pretty make you anything you want if you ask.  jimmy madden, the new owner/operator is a hands on guy from vegas.  ran some large scale operations there and knows his stuff.  you can order off the WTF menu in palermo's too.  every time my wife and i leave there, we always say, "why go anywhere else"  everyone thinks palermo's is expensive, but for the quality and ambiance i thinks it's quite reasonable.  they have excellent wine by the glass and the "pour" is double most restaurants.  1 glass instead of 2 keeps the bill down.  

lastly they have valet parking and know when you're ready to leave, so your cars waiting with the a/c cranking.  small tip and you're on your way!!  WTF is the old sports bar that was connected to palermos, on the malicon.  the bar's still there but now it's like a 50's diner.  has a really nice waterfall inside.  alesandro is the chef for both, you enter through a side door beside the AeroMexico office.

6a. Re: wtf burger bar
    Posted by: "makaloco" mmakaloco
    Date: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 pm ((PDT))

I finally tried WTF, and everyone's comments were spot on! My black and blue burger was heaven, and I loved the bread it was served on. That and the balsamic sauce made the excellent burger really special. I didn't expect to like sweet potato fries, but they, too, were delicious. Service was prompt and friendly, and the food arrived quickly. My ONLY complaint is that the restaurant is too cold, at least for a full-time paceña in a sundress. I had missed Jimmy's warning to bring a jacket and hope to remember next time. WTF is on the Malecón between Hidalgo and Morelos, just before Aeromexico. Open daily starting at 1 pm.

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty Big Joes

Post by dean Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:56 am

lpg

If you have not been to Big Joes BBQ you gotta go. Great ribs both beef and pork, delicious chicken great service and friendly people. Exactly the kind of restaurant La Paz needed. a. It is a little complicated to get there with the one way streets all around but totally worth it. 

aug 2014 he has moved.

Hi everybody, Big Joe´s Restaurant will be open just for take outs in its new location Padre Kino and Allende from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.  Extra meaty ribs, St Louis ribs, fried and grilled chicken, onion rings, fries, chili beans, potato salad, coleslaw.
We have our new phone number 
Thanks.      
This is his new number that he sent to me:  122-6129.  Combo lunch specials

from 20-50 pesos, 12-4, Mon-Fri. 

lpg

I am soooo happy. We went to Big Joe's new place Friday for some yummy ribs and potato salad. Easy to find his new place. From the Malecon, go up Allende to Padre Eusubio Kino, turn right and you are there. Hours are Monday-Saturday 10-7. Takeout now (two picnic tables available presently). Shade canopy for a nice big patio and more seating coming soon.

Last edited by dean on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:01 am; edited 4 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty Thai food

Post by dean Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:31 am

lpg

> After reading this we had to go!  Today we tried the Panang curry, Pad
> Thai and the fresh Spring Rolls with shrimp.   Total bill 285 pesos
> including Thai coffee and iced tea.  Simply delicious and good service too.
>  They promote slow food so make sure you take the time to enjoy your meal!

> On Nov 28, 2013, at 9:38 AM, wrote:

> My prayers have been answered. There is now thai food in La Paz.

> Abasolo b/w Sonora y Sinaloa (across from Baja Rent).

> Open 12:30pm - 9pm.

> Closed Wednesdays.

> Chef Sutharee is a thai chef who moved on from her restaurant in Chiapas
> to start this new place just up the Abasolo! She and her staff and
> courteous and speak english. The restaurant is small, with about 4-5 indoor
> tables and 2 outside. It is spotlessly clean with an open kitchen, so you
> can see your food being made. The handwritten menu (they have an english
> version) is quite small with 2-3 constant dishes (Pad Thai was one) plus
> 2-3 rotating daily specials (items like Tom Yum, Tom Kha, Curries, Thai
> Iced Tea!). Everything was priced under 100 pesos.

> My partner and I started with the summer rolls. The order came with 2 huge
> rolls packed with shrimp, fresh herbs & homemade sweet chili dipping
> sauce). For our entree, we split the chicken red curry which comes with
> steamed jasmine rice. Everything was SPOT ON. Astonishingly tender white
> meat, rich creamy sauce with the proper level of salt, mixed with an array
> of vegetables. It was mild, not too spicy, but I am sure she is happy to
> accommodate any spice level you request.

> Folks, I kid you not, my eyes almost welled with tears when the familiar
> flavors of my favorite cuisine returned to my palette after such a long
> void. You MUST GO.

> Like them on Facebook:

> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Comida-Thai/162214960500351

On Abasolo which is the road that becomes the malecon.
Real Thai food
Others have posted praising this place and they are so right.
Thank you LPIMO ers
Not cheap not fast but so delicious
In front of Baja Rent on Abasolo which is the road that becomes the Malecon
Between Sinaloa and Sonora streets
if you are coming into town from the airport it will be on your right
If, god forbid, you are going towards walmart then it will be on your left
the sign says Comida Thai and it is so very good 

Last edited by dean on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty ribs

Post by dean Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:19 pm

1a. Re: SEARCHING THE BEST BBQ RIBS IN TOWN.

Date: Sat Mar 2, 2013 9:21 am ((PST))

La Estancia Uruguaya. GREAT meat Restaurant.

Calle Revolucion and Salvatierra. They have natural ribs.

Check out their FB "ESTANCIA URUGUAYA PARRILLA BAR"
.....................................................................................................................................................

Travis from The Shack just posted on LPG last Saturday about his ribs which I think they debuted this past Thursday: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lapazgringos/message/18779

We were over there a couple weeks ago for burgers while he was testing the recipe and he generously brought our table a few to try. I don't even eat meat and couldn't resist them. These are TRUE Texas-style, falling off the bone ribs done to perfection in his mesquite BBQ. You know they're good when they don't even need sauce...

Seriously folks, don't wait till dinnertime. I think they're available weekdays from noon till they run out. He can confirm...

http://theshacklapaz.com/
Allende a block or so up from Malecon

............................................................................................................
J&Rs have the best ribs in town that I have tried.

Great Jack Daniels sauce too.

One street up from the Malecon on 5 de mayo.

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty New all you can eat steak house open

Post by dean Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:08 pm

LPG

New all you can eat steak house open
Posted by: "Sheryl H
Date: Fri Nov 9, 2012 5:37 pm ((PST))

A nice young man stopped me this afternoon to tell me about his new restaurant which will celebrate its grand opening on Sunday November 4th. It's the old Salsipuedes on Obregon, just a few doors down from Allende, and it looks like they've ritzed it up a bit ... right down to the white tablecloths.

According to the brochure, it's called The Blue Room and will feature a daily all-you-can-eat buffet of choice cut Sonora Rib Eye & New York Steaks, Sirloin Arracheras, chorizo, papas asadas and salads. Cost of the buffet is 140 pesos per person. He offered me a free tequila shot, so I assume that means they are fully licensed!

Looks like they have a facebook page -- /blueroomlapaz and phone number for reservations is 612-111-1589

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty lpg

Post by dean Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:23 am

An new restaurant has opened downtown. It's called J&R Ribs/Costilleria and they're located on 5 de Mayo and Belizario Dominguez. Their hours are from 2-10PM. They specialize in pork ribs with accompaniments of salads, fries and drinks. You can get a full or half rack and you have a choice of a variety of sauces.

As for pricing, here's a sampling: A half rack alone is $70 pesos. With fries or a salad and a drink, its $95 pesos. A full rack option would be $135 pesos. A full rack by itself is $115 pesos.

I had the half rack and I have to say that the food was delicious. I highly recommend this place. For more information, call: 612-137-2312 or email them at ventas@ribsjr.com

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty Señor Porky's Baja BBQ and Smoke House! LaPaz

Post by dean Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:01 am

Señor Porky's Baja BBQ and Smoke House! The Best Ribs Anywhere!
New Restaurant in La Paz - Featuring Kansas City slow-smoked meats not found anywhere in Mexico. Now open 7 days a week from 7:30 AM with full breakfast menu and Cappuccino, to 10 p.m., and weekends until midnight. Watch the sunset from our spectacular ocean view! Located on the Malecon in La Paz at Alvaro Obregon #670, on the corner of Allende and Rosales (next to the Arco Hotel).

To ensure the best quality for Porky's Smokehouse Meats, we start with the best meats available. Then we dry-rub the meats with a combination of 20 spices, then slow-smoke for up to 18 hours at low temperature to obtain maximum flavor and tenderness while sealing in the natural juices and smoke flavor that is unmatched anywhere! We know you'll agree that Señor Porky's Baja BBQ and Smoke House are the best you have ever tasted. Menu highlights include:
• Slow Smoked Ribs • Pulled Pork • Beef Brisket • BBQ Chicken • Smoked Bratwurst •
Plus fantastic side orders include Pasta Salad, BBQ beans, Coleslaw, Sweet Potato fries, New Mexico Green Chile with Pork, Caesar Salad and Homemade Deserts. Dine in, or carry out from our "Pig Out" Meats to Go Menu. Download our entire Menu here: files.me.com/richards771/1wclv6

For more information, call 612-129-3667. - Richard Stubbs, richards77@pcisys.net, La Paz

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty Who's got the 411 on Sr Porky's Ribs and smokehouse?

Post by dean Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 am

lpg

Who's got the 411 on Sr Porky's Ribs and smokehouse?

Sr Porky's

Next to hotel Los Arcos Malecon at Allende

Grand opening Sept 16th

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty Feedback on TrocaderO´s Bistro

Post by dean Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:22 am

lpg
Hola todos,

TrocaderO's is yet another 5 star restaurant - sort of the hidden jewel nestled on Moreles between Revolución and Madero. I´ve been wanting to try this restaurant for over 1 year (ever since Rick Shannon posted his review on LPG).

Today was the day, but more by accident than by design. The restaurant we intended to visit for lunch, despite their advertised hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., was closed at 2:15 pm. Now what?

I said to my friend, ¨ I´ve been wanting to try that bistro which starts with a ¨T¨ on Moreles near Madero.¨ ¨That must be Trocadero´s.¨

We were alone in the restaurant, but who cares!! I was so taken by the ambience, I said to the owner, ¨I will bring the LaPaz Ladies Luncheon here in March or April when our numbers are less¨. They can accommodate only 40.

My friend ordered a chicken salad and I had one of my favourites. I ask, ¨where in Mexico does one find lamb burgers on the menu?¨ ¨Casi nunca¨ is the answer. My lamb burger (sin pan) was cooked to perfection - medium - and served on top of a bed of mixed greens. It was served with creamy goat cheese with diced/chopped fresh mint. My husband happens to be away in Ottawa, Canada, until Oct. 4th. Right there and then, I made a promise to myself to return every week until Oct. to have the same meal - minus the dessert and wine, of course.

My friend and I could not resist dessert. I had Crepes Belle Epoque (with orange juice, butter and Cointreau or Triple Sec) and my friend had crepes with apples, Philadelphia cream cheese and ice cream. (Pictures attached)

Much to my surprise and great delight, TrocaderO´s is using three our (Mujeres Ayudando a Mujeres, A.C. - Women Helping Women) Taste of the Baja exotic jams, jellies, chutneys in their regular menu - Baja Explosion in a chili dish, Apple Jalapeño Jelly as a condiment with paté and I´m not sure how they using the third jam - Margarita de Fresa (strawberries, tequila, Controy, lime juice) - but I bet it is fabulous. I´m going to find out because I will be visiting the restaurant at least 3 more times for dinner. Chef Marie Fimbres, Owner Chef, told us that they received the jams as a gift from Rick and Pat Shannon. Now they have ordered a 1 litre container of each flavour. Folks, that is equivalent to 10 jars of jams.

By mid week they will have their one-litre containers of our projects and the three types of jams of their shelves for sale. If you haven´t been to TrocaderO´s, you are truly missing out. To think that this quality restaurant, equivalent to what I would find in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, is right here in La Paz - amazing!!

Guess where hubby and I are going on October 5th? TrocaderO´s of course.

Rick and Pat Shannon - go figure! Thanks from the bottom of my heart for buying 14 jars of jam and for giving three of these to TrocaderO´s. You rock!!

It was an incredible lunch. Can´t wait to taste dinner.

Luiza

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:20 am

lpg
I have been a member of the group for about a month now and have found all of the information to be very helpful and interesting even if it didnt specifically pertain to me. Although I have had the chance to meet a few of the members, I would like to take this chance to introduce myself to the group. My name is Jason and I am 34 years old. I moved to Baja a year and a half ago and ended up in La Paz a year ago. I am a retired Army Veteran and decided that after my retirement I needed a nice, quiet place to settle down. So here I am. And trust me, La Paz is a far cry from where I was for the majority of the last 5 years I was in the Army. I served for 15 years and was given the opportunity to retire early WITH my pension and jumped all over it! So here I am. Now to plug my business, ha ha ha! After being here for 6 months I decided to embarq on opening a restaurant. We opened in April and have been working to improve the location
since. We built it from the ground up and are continually doing improvements. The name of the restaurant is "Palillos Asian Grill" and we are located on the corner of Las Garzas (Augustine Olachea) and Puebla, between Nayarit and Sinaloa, next to the funky grey office building. We are an open air restaurant that specializes in Korean BBQ and Teriyaki. We just finished adding Mallasombra in our dining area to help accomodate for the summer. If you have never tried Korean BBQ then this is your opportunity to come and try something new and different. You wont be disappointed. I can also honestly say that we have the best teriyaki in La Paz. We only use plump, juicy chicken breasts and Arrachera steak, we do not skimp on quality. Everything we make is grilled in the moment you order, yes GRILLED, not fried on the plancha or in a frying pan, and portion to satisfy even the biggest appetite. We offer Korean BBQ (with homemade
Kimchi)$85, Teriyaki (chicken, beef or combination) $70, Oriental chicken salad $70, Fried Rice $45, Shitake mushroom Spring Rolls $40 and Wings (tradition and boneless in 3 flavors, Buffalo, Lemon Pepper and Teriyaki)starting at $75. So if you are looking for something a little different than tacos (which dont get me wrong I love and eat almost everyday, ha ha ha) then come join us for a patio style meal..."Palillos Asian Grill"! We are open from 2pm until 10pm Monday thru Saturday. Mention the La Paz Gringos group and recieve a FREE Spring Roll Appetizer!
Thank you and we look forward to meeting all of you!

P.S. Fresh Grilled Hamburgers coming soon!
air8orne@yahoo.com

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty BBQ

Post by dean Fri May 27, 2011 8:55 am

lpg

The location of Cheesysteaks is:

The corner of Guillermo Prieto and Ignacio Allende
in the Plaza Bonita center.

Hey everyone, thanks for all your support the last few weeks. We are finally
getting everthing thing dialed in and working out all the bugs that a new
restaurant goes through. Starting tommoro, Thursday the 26 we will be offering a
new combo on our menu. #5 BBQ on a bun -slow smoked boston butt (pork) served on
a bun with homemade Texas style BBQ sauce, onions and pickles served with your
choice of chips or homemade coleslaw and a soda for $ 65 pesos. This BBQ is
first come first served while supplies last daily. Come on back and try one and
if you haven't been here yet, stop on by and check us out. We look forward to
seeing or meeting you and serving you up some great food. Thanks again, The
Rodgers'Family

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:30 pm

VV
Kijote Open in La Ventana, Closed in El Sargento.
Although Freak Dog Coffee in El Sargento is closed for the week, our Espresso trailer up the hill from the campground is OPEN every day at 7am.
Try the omelets, too. Shady garden seating available. - Sol

++

hola to all our friends, we would like to invite you to our new years dinner at gran sueno.
Centro de Trenes
Option 1 - Caesar Salad, Grilled Rib Eye (350 gm) on Demi Glace and Rosemary served with baked potato and carrot caramelized
Coconut Flan with caramel, $40.00.
Option 2 - cesar salad, Shrimp marinated in garlic and olive on bed of and zaffran with creamy sauce of roast red pepper
coconut flan with caramel, $35.00.
Option 3 - Cesar salad, Chicken breast filled of pork, dried fruits and mashed potato served with vegetables ,almond and tomato sauce.
coconut flan with caramel, $30.00.
all 3 options includes 1 glass of wine or 1 house margarita.

ADDS - margarita $4usd - wine glass $6usd
please make your reservations and ask for our special room rates for the night and
ground transportation (available for groups up to 8 people.)
TEDDY APARICIO A. guest service coordinator.
TEDDYBAHIA@HOTMAIL.COM WWW.GRANSUENO.COM RANCH 47. cell 6123485408.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:09 am

lpg
Last night we went to Trocaderos with friends. Can't believe we had
the whole place to ourselves! Don't miss this restaurant. WOW,
everything was perfect from start to finish....atmosphere,
presentation, service and FOOD. For tapas we had seared tuna and the
scallops...didn't want to share. For entrees, I had the beef fillet
on sauteed onions. Hardly needed my knife. Friends had the lobster
and beef fillet, with comments like "best lobster I've ever had".
Another had Fish in two sauces with the same result. The huge coffee
Americano to finish the meal was likewise. I'm going back to eat my
way down the menu....
It's on the corner of Revolution and Morelos, see you there.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:44 am

LPG,
Hi guys,

THANKSGIVING DINNER - 100 PESOS
We know there are a lot of things going on, but I *always* cook Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm doing it here, all you can eat, all the standards (turkey, stuffing, garlic & sour cream mashed potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, corn, etc, etc), 100 pesos, both Thursday and Friday, to go, for delivery or to eat in (though giving us a heads up is nice so we know how much to cook). We will be open regular hours - 10am-6pm. If for any reason anyone wants to come in after 6, please let us know!

DESSERTS TO GO - 80-150 PESOS
We have freshly carved pumpkin pies for sale (no canned pumpkins ever!) for 120 pesos and *delicious* pumpkin bread for 80 pesos. We just need to know by Wednesday who wants what so we have enough at all the right times. Of course, pecan pie, key lime pie, chocolate cake, berry pie and apple pie are also available.

LATE PICKUP FOR LES
If anyone needs to pick up something from Les this week but can't make his hours, arrange it with him and I'll pick it up and you can make the pickup here later in the day.

WE WILL BE CLOSED ALL DAY SATURDAY!!! We are finally having our church marriage here in La Paz and Natalie's baptism, so it's going to be a busy week!

Happy Thanksgiving in advance to all those we don't see this week!

John

John Ashman
Americano's Cheesesteak Grill
150 Nicolas Bravo (2 blocks behind Applebee's)
612-122-3696 (for delivery)
Audio Baja - www.audiobaja.com
612-140-2474 (cell)

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:40 pm

more BWO

Indian Curry Night At Mario's At Hotelito - Our first delicious authentic Indian Curry buffet on Wednesday 24th June. Starts at 7:00 o'clock. Reservations are required, $300 pesos per person. Wonderful exotic cocktails and music, dessert included. - Jenny Armit, elhotelito@mac.com, www.hotelitotodossantos.com, 612 145 0099, Todos Santos

dean

Back to top Go down

places to eat Empty places to eat

Post by dean Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:17 am

Courtesy of the BajaWesternOnion.com - On the Pacific side

a. Il Rustico Trattoria B&B - Fabulous new Italian restaurant in La Paz! Charming garden setting and even a couple of rooms to stay in, too. Very reasonable, including breakfast for guests. Owners/chefs Alessandra Cappello and Franco Cheli's menu offers five different antipasti choices including Caprese, Piatto Toscano, and Crostini Misti (all between 40-80 Pesos) There are pastas cooked perfectly: Linguine, Fusili, Farfalle done with a variety of delicious sauces (70-130 pesos) fish and meat grill of the day (140-160 pesos), salads, calzoni, desserts and 17 different pizza choices! Located on Calle Revolucion, across from Baja Star, between Bravo and Rosales. Hours:5 P.M.-11 P.M. closed Tuesdays. Sunday hours:2 P.M.- 9 P.M. Contact: Alessandra And Franco, 122 3001 (Submitted by Wendy Rains)

dean

Back to top Go down