La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for today,,,

+5
tejana
admin
roxiepool
covertcode
dean
9 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty for today,,,

Post by dean Fri May 28, 2010 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-PlatedCars into Mexico

Post by dean on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

http://yucalandia.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/new-requirements-for-bringing-foreign-plated-cars-into-mexico-banjercito/

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito
Posted on June 17, 2011 by yucalandia

The Mexican Ministry of Finance and Public Credit has issued a new decree affecting expats bringing foreign plated cars into Mexico: “New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito”. From the Banjercito website:

“IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) has issued a decree which states that beginning on June 11th, 2011 anyone applying for a temporary import permit for vehicles must make a deposit in the amount determined by the following table:

Vehicle Year Model:…….Amount to be paid in Mexican Pesos*
2007 and later…….USD $400
2001 until 2006…….USD $300
2000 and earlier…….USD $200

*Peso amounts are based on applicable exchange rate

This deposit is compulsory and can be paid by credit card, debit card, or cash (in US Dollars only).

Users must keep in mind that if the deposit is charged to a credit card, the charge will be made in Mexican Pesos and will be calculated based on the exchange rate of the day on which the payment is made. This deposit will be refunded to the same credit card on the next banking business day after the vehicle is fully returned and based on the exchange rate of that day.

The vehicle must be returned on time and within the time period stated on the temporary import permit. If the vehicle is returned after the stated time period, the entire deposit amount will be transferred to the Office of the Treasury on the day following the expected return date, as allowed by current law.”

Last Item:
Another clause in the new updated regulations requires FM2 Rentista and FM3 holders to notify Aduana within 15 days of when they renew their FM2 or FM3, otherwise Aduana is allowed to confiscate/keep these “new” deposits. Aduana’s address is listed in Yucalandia’s main article on cars in Mexico: “Importing & Driving a Car in Mexico”

This post is meant as a public service announcement (not meant as legal advice), so, we here at Yucandia will keep the post updated with further understandings and clarifications as they develop.

Feel free to copy while giving proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quiet

Post by dean on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 pm
great new product for noisy rooms

http://news.cnet.com/noise-quenching-curtains-open-window-to-quiet/8301-17938_105-20059612-1.html
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quietPost by dean on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 am
Water, I have tasted it when not brushing my teeth and it is not salty. My meter reads about 1750 ppm which is about 1000 ppm less of what we use to have. But the taste tells me it is it is lower. My meter reads correctly on bottled water about 40ppm so not sure.

bookmark this site/thread as I will add pictures and issues from time to time.

here is a picture of one of the water tanks by the shrimp factory that will have the de-sal water. you will bring your own jugs here to fill up. a real watering hole...

right now they have the de-sal hooked up to the city water, our water is good but not great, 560 ppm disolved solids. I was told by the workers the plant can do 300 cubic meters per day. that is probably about 1/2 our requirements in the summer and 1/3 when everyone is here. I was told another well will be dug for the desal plant. also they ran a three inch line to all these tanks.

here is the tank in progress picture
for today,,,    - Page 9 Water_tank_shrimp_factory-600x337

here is the first structure being built in the campground by a comercial business. note the total area via the orange markers.
for today,,,    - Page 9 Whos_business_in_campground-600x337

second commercial business in the campground. not sure, coffee or taco stand. white building to the right of the gate.
for today,,,    - Page 9 Toco_stand-600x337

the first arroyo to the north of the campground, the new concrete fence with barbwire to stop people from parking there?
for today,,,    - Page 9 Arroyo_fence-600x337

and finally in parting, we had a real cloudy morning here a week or so ago, this is the sunrise...
for today,,,    - Page 9 Fire_in_the_sky-600x337
for today,,,    - Page 9 Sunrise_1-600x337

and lastly here is my suggested air seperation piping to keep water bills low, i have a discussion of it in the water section under building in this forum.
for today,,,    - Page 9 Air_seperation_1v2-600x337

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am; edited 9 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty Re: for today,,,

Post by dean Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Crutches Needed ASAP until first week in Feb
Post by Maury power Today at 2:22 pm

Kiting injury on one knee , needing crutches for at least two weeks to heal this injury to get back out kiting.. Need to fit a 5'11 male.. even one would help!!! Name is Maury staying at KurtnMarinas at room 3. Would greatly appreciate it thanks!!!!

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty baja pony express

Post by dean Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:56 am

An excellent Russian piano player named Michael Zanevsky will be playing original compositions at the El Triunfo Music Museum on Thursday January 23rd from 11am til 3 pm. Open to the public ! Bring some friends and enjoy the historical pueblo.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:17 pm

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/jan/14/san-ysidro-border-funding-congress/

SAN YSIDRO — A major reconstruction project to ease congestion at the San Ysidro Port of Entry is expected to get $226 million more in funding under a spending bill set for a vote in Congress this week.

Local leaders had asked congressional budget negotiators to make additional funding for the project a top priority, stressing that long waits at the border are hurting the region’s economy.

San Ysidro is one of the world’s busiest border crossings, with more than 50,000 vehicles and about 25,000 pedestrian crossings each day. The three-phase, multiyear project would increase the number of inspection booths and make other improvements. If Congress approves the latest allocation of dollars, the U.S. General Services Administration is set to complete the build-out of inspection booths from 24 to 62, among other things.

Late Monday, congressional leaders unveiled a bipartisan, $1.1 trillion spending bill to pay for government operations through October. The package, which includes the San Ysidro funding, is set for a House vote today.

The project, which started in 2011, has brought a new pedestrian bridge, a new southbound pedestrian crossing and an expansion of northbound vehicle-inspection lanes, according to the General Services Administration.

The $226 million would be used to realign Intestate 5 so it connects with El Chaparral, Mexico’s counterpart to the San Ysidro crossing that was completed in 2012. It would also pay for southbound inspection facilities on I-5.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty boat issue temporary import permit

Post by dean Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:12 pm

from LPG

If your boat is already here in Mexico, you take all of the required paperwork to the Banjercito office at Pichelingue and they will issue the TIP and decal...just did it a few weeks ago.

On Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:00:41 AM, Norman Herring wrote:

The web address is http://www.banjercito.com.mx/ When you open the site you will see a list of services on the right hand side of the page. One of the drop down menu is titled Temporary import permits for cars and boats. click on the link and it takes you to a page that gives the option of language, I assume you want English so click on the English tab and it opens the information page. it includes the directions on how to apply on line. The completed application can be paid for by credit card and the TIP will be mailed to your foreign address in about 7 days. Mine came sooner. You must apply before you bring the boat to Mexico!

it then advises what to do when you bring the boat to Mexico- i.e deliver the documents to a local Bajercito office in Mexico. There is one by the Ferry in Pichilingue.

it's pretty self explanatory once you log into the site.

To: lapazgringos@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2014 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [LPG] Associated Press News Story About Temporary Import Permits for Boats

Where on the site for baanjercito does one find the TIP application site?

Bernard Anderson
andersonpb@mac.com

On Jan 10, 2014, at 9:08 AM, Dennis and Susan Ross wrote:
Fox News and other national media outlets have picked up an article written by the Associated Press. Over the last few hours many local newspapers have already posted articles based on the AP feed.
>
>The Fox coverage is at http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/10/us-canadian-boat-owners-left-in-limbo-after-armed-raid-on-marinas-by-mexico-tax/.
>
>There have been no recent reports of additional "inspections" however the marinas here in La Paz are anticipating that the Mexican officials may visit sometime in January. For now nothing has changed and there have been no new developments reported--other than reports of high-level meeting in Mexico City and this round of media attention.
>
>Hopefully the situation will be resolved quickly and everything will
>get back to normal. Cruisers with all of the necessary documentation,
>insurance, and temporary import permit (TIP) for their vessel should
>not have any problems once the process gets sorted out. Just to be
>sure, anyone heading
to Mexico should apply for their TIP online at http://www.banjercito.com.mx/, before they enter Mexican waters.
>
>Dennis and Susan Ross
>S/V Two Can Play
>Marina Palmira
>La Paz, BCS, Mexico
>
>Ross Marine Services and Consulting
>612 104 4230 or 612 136 4613
>s/v Two Can Play
>Marina Palmira
>La Paz, BCS Mexico

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:23 pm

I just received a update on the Volaris shuttle from SD to TJ airport by Volaris. I was going to take it this week but will take the trolley to the border instead. in general they do not sell tickets at the location. It is at the santa fe stop. they recommend 3.5 hours before flight as it is 50 minutes estimated to get from SD pickup point to TJ airport.. I have posted the schedule at my site http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t291-tijuana-arrport-transportation-to-from-usa

also next week I received a notice that they are closing 3 lanes going south to San Ysidro crossing at the border I5 so it will be a mess. http://www.otaymesa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/4-14_SanYsidroPOE.pdf

I went north 8 days ago and was the worst northbound crossing ever experienced by me and I was walking which is normally 15 minutes with a ready pass it was 2 hours for me and over 4 hours for all others. The rumor was the gun fight by the US police close to the border the night before caused it.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Is there anyone going to LaPaz in the next couple days that will join me to give blood for the person in Barriles who needs it. This is not my blood type but they will take any blood in addition to this blood generally. Is there anyone going to LaPaz in the next couple days that will join me to give blood for the person in Barriles who needs it. This is not my blood type but they will take any blood in addition to this blood generally. Dean 114-0202

Here is the message being sent out.
…………………………………………………..
Hello everybody!! This is a blood emergency, please help! A Canadian friend urgently needs blood type O negative. This is the message his wife Susan Ballier wrote in Facebook: I hope somebody can help, it is a rare type of blood. Thanks and regards! Urgent! Please donate blood for my husband in La Paz, Baja. He needs "O Negative" Donations being excepted tomorrow 12/28 at 8am. Fast for 8 hours before donating, bring picture ID. The address is: Centro Estatal de La Transfusion Sanguinea, Nicolas Bravo 1010 esquina Josefe Ortiz de Dominquez. Torre anexa al Antiguo Hospital Salvatierra. Tel. 612-12-54011 or 612-122-0646. Please pass on, this is extremely urgent!!!!

Those able to donate urgently needed blood, O NEG, for Gunther Ballier must do so in La Paz. The Blood Bank is located on Bravo, by old hospital and Telmex building. OPEN 8am-2pm, fasting, ID, answer all questions, no. Los Barriles Amerimed Clinic and Char representing patient
Tel. 612-125-54011 612-122-0646. Cento Estatal de La Transfusion Sanguinea
Nicolas Bravo 1010 esquina Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez
Torre anexa al Antiguo Hospital Salvatierra

Requirements to donate blood
Important:
• Weight at least 110 pounds
• Measure at least 4’11”
• Ages 18 to 65
• 45 days or more from last donation
• No alcohol or medications in the last 48 hours
• No cavities
• Up to 3 months pregnant
• Slept 6 consecutive hours
• Arrive with an empty stomach (only liquids/juice)
People with the following history can’t be donors:
• Homosexuals
• STD herpes
• HIV+
• Bisexuals
• Cancer or diabetes
• Promiscuous heterosexuals
• Prostitute men or women
• Paid donors
• Intravenous drug use
• Malaria in the last 5 years
• Hepatitis at any stage in life
• Heart problems (insufficiency, hypertension, attacks)
• Epilepsy or convulsive crisis
You cannot donate if:
Presently
• Have infection symptoms (diarrhea, fever, cough, flu)
• Are taking medication
• Women are in their period
• Women more than 3 months pregnant, lactating or that just had a baby
• Have active allergies
In the last year
• Had syphillys or gonorrhea
• Been in contact with a person with hepatitis
• Had gammaglobulin applied
• Had tattoos, acupuncture or diverse punctures/piercings
• Blood transfusions or derivates
• Organ transplant
• Rabies or hepatitis B shots
In the last 6 months
• Major surgery (3 months for minor)
In the last 28 days
• Smallpox, tetanus, measles shots
In the last 72 hours
• Dental extractions

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty now hear this

Post by dean Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:42 am

http://www.gizmag.com/wear-necklace-hearing-aid/30232/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=c868cde636-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-c868cde636-90245106

From hiding hearing aids in your mouth to having them built-in to the arms of your glasses, we have seen some innovative efforts to assist those with hearing difficulties in recent years. With these unobtrusive technologies available, you might think that wearing a hearing aid around your neck would be the least desirable of options. Yet the team behind Wear believe that by favoring comfort and aesthetics over discretion, it may have conceived a viable alternative.

Wear looks like a regular necklace, but features a built-in high-fidelity analog microphone array that is designed to capture conversations in noisy environments and filter out unwanted noise. Sound is then relayed to the ears via any pair of 3.5 mm headphones with the user able to control the volume by a knob on the device.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty know what you are eating soon

Post by dean Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:41 am

http://www.gizmag.com/tellspec-food-scanner/30221/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=c868cde636-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-c868cde636-90245106

Figuring out whether the fries on your plate contain traces of trans-fat, or if those celery sticks are truly pesticide-free can be tricky, if not impossible. That's why Isabel Hoffmann along with mathematician Stephen Watson set out to create TellSpec, a hand-held device that you can simply point at a food item, to identify what's in it. Not only does the device warn you about chemicals, allergens and ingredients you'd rather avoid, it'll also help you figure out food sensitivities and track your vitamin intake. The goal, the company says, is to help people make clean food choices by letting them "check their food as easily as they check their mail."

for today,,,    - Page 9 Tellspec-3

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am

Christmas Eve Celebration on the Beach
Date: Dec. 24--Time: 6:00 pm and on -- Two Pinatas: Little kids (0 to 7 years) at 6:00 pm -- Immediately following: Bigger kids (8 to 12years)
Then Santa Arrives with gifts for the Children (approx. 7:00 pm).  Lastly, Caroling for the children with Santa -- Jingle Bells
Place:  On the beach, mid-camp.

We would like to have the names and ages of the children.  Please supply that information to:  In the campground , Doris - Second row, just south of mid-camp. Green Empress M/H,  and Louise -- Third row, just south of mid-camp. M/H from Alberta, Vel: Mex. Phone 612-108-8679  velma.b at...... gorge.net

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:55 pm

the bypass of todos santos is now open.

and it looks like they are going to make some sort of bypass -outer circle of cabo. They had it graded outside of cabo could send you over to costco if we are real lucky....

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:16 am

BPE

ROAD REPORT: Awful right now. Don't risk it. Toll highway south of Ensenada collapsed with lengthy delays. South of San Tomas there is major road improvements with major 3 hour plus delays. Thick mud when raining - dangerous and scary driving.  Many other sections are either stripped to the road bed or are being scraped and resurfaced right now. It is taking us an extra two nights in hotels at night. Hope to arrive Saturday, late. Chris and Tonia Scurr (received 12-20-13)
BPE

c. Rental Car Discussion:
I was in LB in October - I tried renting a car at the airport and that was just a mess! I speak fluent Spanish and it was still a nightmare. Mexican law now requires that you carry liability insurance, and the rental car places are taking advantage of gringos. Their liability insurance at the airport was super expensive! I was willing to purchase both, liability and collision but they could not provide me with collision for a determined fixed price. They required that I provide them with $3,000 dollar deposit on my credit card (that's DOLLARS, NOT PESOS), and upon returning the rental car with no damage they would credit my account, but in the meantime, that would be a $3,000 charge that would be on my credit card! Many tourists that had no choice were leaving this $3000 dollar deposit. I young couple that was in front of me had pre-purchased insurance through Expedia but the rental car agency did not honor their insurance, and they had to purchase it from them.
After waiting in line for about 30 - 40 minutes, I decided not to rent at the airport and took the bus from the airport to Los Barriles (Eco Baja Tours). http://www.ecobajatours.com
I rented a car in Los Barriles from FOX (they are on the main road) The price was very reasonable the lowest in Los Barriles - I only purchased liability insurance. They did have full coverage for extra charge. They didn't require that I leave a $3,000 for collison coverage. http://foxrentacar.mx/english/default.aspx

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:36 am

discussion on healtcare in the USA. and how it impacts us in Mexico.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=70927

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:42 pm

this is not good news from Lapaz gringo

I assume Lapaz has the right to do this.  while mainland from what I heard was about to allow cars with temporary because they are not citizens just residents.   People are asking for verification but I have to say everything I have read from this lawyer has been accurate.  

But below a person posted an exemption to the law.

The city law on plates and driver´s license is been modified, In 2014 the city police is going to impound and fine the owner of a vehicle which is not imported when said owner has the immigration status of RESIDENT.    To avoid this contact CAN-AM-MEX LAW FIRM / FIRMA JURIDICA at can-am-mexAThotmail.com or by calling 612 348 9793, they provide fully insured transportion to Otay and back plus broker service. 

Here's the thing... yes article 33 says that any vehicles driven in La Paz have to be plated within 15 days of internacion (admission....) but article fifty-two says that if you have a current registration and current drivers license from a country with reciprocity, you can drive it.

ARTÍCULO 33.- Para que un vehículo pueda transitar en el Municipio de la Paz, será necesario que esté provisto de su tarjeta de circulación, placas respectivas, calcomanía de la verificación electromecánica y de emisión de contaminantes vigentes o en su caso permiso provisional de circulación, expedidos por la Dirección, así como contar con seguro de daños a terceros en sus bienes y/o personas con póliza vigente por una compañía de seguros autorizada por la Comisión Nacional de Seguros y Fianzas. Todos los vehículos pertenecientes a propietarios residentes en el Municipio de la Paz y que transiten en el mismo, deberán ser dados de alta en la Dirección de Tránsito Municipal o Delegación correspondiente. Cuando se trate de vehículos procedentes del extranjero o de otra entidad federativa el término para hacerlo será de quince días, a partir de la internación legal al país o de la fecha de adquisición, a menos que se justifique legalmente que cuenta con placas y tarjeta de circulación vigentes; o en todo caso deberá de presentar la baja foránea del vehículo o constancia de no adeudo ARTÍCULO 51.- Para conducir vehículos de motor en el Municipio de La Paz, las personas deberán portar la licencia o el permiso respectivo, que se otorgará previo curso de educación vial, examen y el pago de los derechos correspondientes. La licencia para conducir es un documento público, expedido por la autoridad de Tránsito Municipal que autoriza a una persona para la conducción de vehículos de motor, con las limitaciones, características especificadas y vigencia que la misma ley y presente reglamento establece. ARTÍCULO 52.- Las licencias para conducir expedidas por otros Municipios del Estado, así como las de otras entidades federativas tendrán validez siempre y cuando se encuentren vigentes; de igual forma las expedidas por las autoridades en otros países donde exista reciprocidad y en este último caso, siempre que vehículo porte placas y registro vigentes del país donde la licencia fue expedida.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty laventana internet

Post by dean Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:26 am

from LLoyds efforts...

Hi folks,

I've got a short window of Internet availability here in San Jose so I'll do my best to summarize our meeting on Tuesday.

Alberto Sandoval spent an hour or so with us. His presentation was very informal with no supporting documentation, my hearing is marginal, and some of the discussion was in Spanish, so I may have misheard or misunderstood some of the following. I welcome corrections.

Sr. Sandoval's company, CMS Networks, has two towers in Los Planos that are in line-of-sight of most of LV/ES. If your casa is within line-of-sight of one of these towers, then his company can deliver the following:

- Telephone
- Internet (3-to-5 megabits download; xxx kilobits upload -- as I understand, this should be fast enough to support Skype and video streaming)
- Installation takes two weeks
- One-time equipment cost is approx. $900 USD
- Monthly cost is $70 USD

If you need higher bandwidth, his company offers 10 megabits download for $120/ mo.
Service can be suspended and resumed if you are in the area part time

The hard part is this: they want cash in advance for equipment plus six months service, e.g. some $1,400 USD up front.

For my part, I would be nervous about putting up this much cash in advance without rock-solid confidence that the company is reliable, financially solid, and that they can deliver what they promise.

John Reynolds has had good experience with them and gives us his recommendation. It would be good if could get additional independent information and recommendations.

Sr. Sandoval says he will send me a proposal for connecting our casa. I'll have more definitive information when I get his proposal.

Sr. Sandoval suggests that one-time equipment cost per casa can be brought down considerably as follows:

CMS builds one or more towers in LV/ES and secures commitments from 50 or more customers per tower. Given the distribution of casas without telephone/Internet connections in LV/ES, they would probably have to build one tower on the south end of La Ventana and and a second on the north end of El Sargento to accommodate all casas that need service.

Clearly this is a longer term solution but, in some ways, optimal as long as Telmex refuses to make additional investment in our communities.

Please send me email addresses of friends or neighbors who need telephone/Internet service and I'll do what I can to keep folks posted.

All the best,

Lloyd

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:49 pm

http://yucalandia.com/2013/12/07/new-duty-free-limits-for-entering-mexico-nov-2013/

SAT/Aduana has issued new Duty Free limits for people entering Mexico by air and by land. The new year round limits are $500 US dollars per person entering Mexico by air, and $300 US dollars per person by land.  As before, personal items (clothing etc) are exempted from the $300/$500 limits.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty The Fight Continues Against Dengue In La Paz And Los Cabos

Post by dean Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:25 am

this was october and with the rain we just received we need to be more careful when traveling away fromLV.

The Fight Continues Against Dengue In La Paz And Los Cabos

http://www.bajacitizen.com/the-fight-continues-against-dengue-in-la-paz-and-los-cabos/

• 849 cases have been reported so far, mostly from southern BCS
TBC
The Secretary of Health has not let down its guard in the fight against dengue. On the contrary, the state health authority will continue to strengthen their actions including fumigation as well as continue to call on the public to keep their backyards and patios clean.
The Director of Health Services for the State, Dr. José Antonio Martínez Salcedo, explained that if there are no more rains, it is probable that the number of confirmed cases will start to decline. However, he said he doesn’t want to diminish the severity of dengue because the presence of the transmitting mosquito is something permanent.
He stated that there are presently 849 confirmed cases in the state with 821 cases of classic dengue and 28 cases of dengue haemorrhagic fever. Fortunately, there have been no reported deaths due to the dengue virus.
Of the total cases, 762 have occurred in Los Cabo, including 17-dengue haemorrhagic fever.  La Paz has 82 confirmed cases with 9 cases of haemorrhagic fever. Comondú has 2 registered cases; Mulegé, 2 classic dengue cases and Loreto has reported one case of dengue haemorrhagic fever.
Dengue fever is a tropical disease caused by the dengue virus. Some symptoms include feverheadachemuscleand joint pains, and a skin rash. Dengue is transmitted by several species of mosquito within the genus Aedes, principally A. aegypti.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:49 am

I spoke with Carlos at Bancomer yesterday and he informed me that there are going to be some major changes in the policy concerning check cashing in the near future. He recommended a company that might serve my needs better and cheaper.   The name is Intercam and is located next to the Subway shop on Abosolo.  I spoke with them and they told me that you can write a check on a U.S. account and receive the cash (10 working days to clear) in either pesos or dollars.  The only fee would be $9 regardless of the amount.  There is no fee for the conversion to pesos and it's done at the current exchange rate.  My question is has anyone dealt with this company before?  They have a web page and show offices all over the world with 3 in the San Lucas area.  The office in La Paz is not listed.  I suppose because it is relatively new.  Thanks
lpg

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:39 am

BPE

We drove the route From Mexicali to the East Cape in November.           It was lovely to avoid all the freight trucks and congestion between Ensenada and El Rosario. 
The road south of San Felipe is old, but paved; be cautious of speed, as some of the dips are pretty exciting.
From Puertecitos to Bahia San Luis Gonzaga (and Alfonsina’s) it’s new pavement and quite good.  There’s a short, few kM, section still unpaved from the end of pavement to Gonzaga.  Alfonsina’s a historic stop on this route and has good clean rooms and good food.
From Gonzaga to Mex 1 is 30(?) miles of rough rocky road, with the last 8 miles being the worst.  Our traveling friend got two flats at the same time on his F150.  Good news is that there’s a llantera where this road intersect Mex 1.  Plan on 2 hours.  You should stop at Coco’s Corner on the way out and have a beer with the legendary Coco.  You might be wise to disconnect the dune buggy and drive it thru this section.  We drove a 2006 Subaru Outback with no problem.  When we return north in a couple weeks, we’ll take the same route.  Buena suerte.  Ron 

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:42 am

public corruption index, mexico is not in the dark red zone.  

https://twitter.com/anticorruption/status/407875495842177024/photo/1/large

http://www.transparency.org/files/content/pressrelease/CPI2013_global-infographic_EN.jpg

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:36 am

Banamex USA is now CitiBank, and has been a sister bank to Banamex Mx for a very long time.  I have no charges at all when I make withdrawals from any Banamex machine here.  It's called an Amistad account, with a minimum age of 55, if you want to check it out.
lapazinmyopinion

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:37 am

> After reading this we had to go!  Today we tried the Panang curry, Pad
> Thai and the fresh Spring Rolls with shrimp.   Total bill 285 pesos
> including Thai coffee and iced tea.  Simply delicious and good service too.
>  They promote slow food so make sure you take the time to enjoy your meal!

> On Nov 28, 2013, at 9:38 AM, wrote:

> My prayers have been answered. There is now thai food in La Paz.

> Abasolo b/w Sonora y Sinaloa (across from Baja Rent).

> Open 12:30pm - 9pm.

> Closed Wednesdays.

> Chef Sutharee is a thai chef who moved on from her restaurant in Chiapas
> to start this new place just up the Abasolo! She and her staff and
> courteous and speak english. The restaurant is small, with about 4-5 indoor
> tables and 2 outside. It is spotlessly clean with an open kitchen, so you
> can see your food being made. The handwritten menu (they have an english
> version) is quite small with 2-3 constant dishes (Pad Thai was one) plus
> 2-3 rotating daily specials (items like Tom Yum, Tom Kha, Curries, Thai
> Iced Tea!). Everything was priced under 100 pesos.

> My partner and I started with the summer rolls. The order came with 2 huge
> rolls packed with shrimp, fresh herbs & homemade sweet chili dipping
> sauce). For our entree, we split the chicken red curry which comes with
> steamed jasmine rice. Everything was SPOT ON. Astonishingly tender white
> meat, rich creamy sauce with the proper level of salt, mixed with an array
> of vegetables. It was mild, not too spicy, but I am sure she is happy to
> accommodate any spice level you request.

> Folks, I kid you not, my eyes almost welled with tears when the familiar
> flavors of my favorite cuisine returned to my palette after such a long
> void. You MUST GO.

> Like them on Facebook:

> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Comida-Thai/162214960500351

lpg

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:53 am

http://yucalandia.com/living-in-yucatan-mexico/new-2014-tax-laws-for-mexico/

There are new IVA sales taxes.
It’s now going be 16% nationally (whereas it’s been about 11% in the border areas), and it will include taxes on soda, chewing gum, and   pet food   throughout Mexico.   Those weren’t included in the past.   So,  people with pets should stock up at Costco before the new year.     Dog shelters will be especially hard hit.     For people driving back from up north after Christmas, or coming back from nationalizing their vehicles at the border, they’ll want to fill up their tanks near the border,   where the gas tax will still be 11% until the end of the year.

Will anything change at customs (Aduana)?
Yes, temporary importation of certain goods will also start being taxed. That could open the door in the future for a tax on the temporary importation of vehicles. Not yet, though.

The mandatory use of customs agents for any value of goods to be imported has been eliminated. The use of an agent will be optional, which is a good thing because they’ll have to be more competitive in terms of rates and quality of service.
Also, customs is going to be checking the value of imported goods more closely and communicating with the countries where merchandise is leaving, to check declared values. People may be more likely to get caught if their car nationalization pedimento say the car is worth just $10,000 pesos, while it clearly is worth much more.
What about new banking regulations?
Starting in 2007, there had been a tax on large cash deposits: 2% on the amounts of deposits exceeding $15,000 pesos, which was increased in 2010 to 3% on amounts exceeding 15,000 pesos.

Those taxes have now been eliminated. 
But … banks are now required to report to SAT any deposits over $15,000 pesos, and any payment of credit card debt of $20,000 pesos made at a time. SAT may also audit you and compare your credit card expenditures to your declared income. They can then contact you to explain these transactions within a certain time frame. If you don’t respond within that time frame (say, 20 days), they could establish liens and levies. And, of course, you wouldn’t respond if the address they have for you is old.

All of this means that it is very important for people to make sure their bank has up-to-date home addresses and email addresses. This is especially true for snowbirds. It also means that snowbirds will need to check their email frequently while they’re out of Mexico.
Also, banks will require people to have an RFC (tax ID number) in order to open a bank account. They have enabled the ability to get an RFC number online, but people first need a CURP number which has to be processed through immigration (INM). (Editor’s note: If you already have Residente Temporal or Residente Permanente, you have been issued a CURP number.) With offices closing for several weeks for the holidays, people may have problems in getting CURPs in January and may have to wait until February to open the account.
What about tax changes for investors and real estate owners?
Mexico has caught up to many other countries and will tax capital gains on the sale of stock at a rate of 10% as well as tax dividends at the same rate of 10%.

For real estate sales there will be a maximum capital gains tax exemption pegged using the UDI index (investment units) with a new limit of 700,000 which equates to about 3,500,000 pesos so any gains over that amount from a sale will be taxed, the prior limit was 1,500,000 UDIs with that exemption waived if someone could prove they lived in the home for the preceding 5 year period.
http://yucalandia.com/living-in-yucatan-mexico/new-2014-tax-laws-for-mexico/

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty T-moble phones now work in LaVentana

Post by dean Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:35 am

T-moble phones now work in LaVentana

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:15 am

lost a 135 BEST board on November 24 in El Sargento/ La Ventana. It has a big orange fish on the bottom, white foot straps and says BEST on the top. It was brand new and unfortunately did not have a name on it. 
If found please contact me at

davina.kadhi@gmail.com

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:26 am

used a web-translator so not perfect translation.    assume the cabo numbers includes san jose and up to Barriles region.  I am assuming  Todos in are these numbers from what I gather.  and remember it is about a 10 to one reported cases in general.    

http://octavodia.mx/articulo/47510/implementan-operativo-de-limpieza-contra-
Implementan operativo de limpieza contra dengue
OCTAVO DÍA | 20.11.2013 12:46 hrs.

La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS).  The state Health Department performed a total sweep against dengue mosquito transmitter in La Paz, by brigades and sprayers larval control that will serve the state's capital, its suburbs and rural communities.
The director of health services in Baja California Sur, José Antonio Martínez Salcedo said the purpose is to strengthen the intensive action against this disease, which has long been held in the municipality of Los Cabos, in the south of the state.
Martinez Salcedo said the work of fumigation and specifically abatización intensify in La Paz, Chametla, El Centenario, Todos Santos and El Pescadero.
Wednesday fumigation was applied in the colonies Guadalupe Victoria, Vista Hermosa, Villas de Guadalupe, Lagunitas, Márquez de León, Los Olivos, Canvas Charro, Loma Linda, Laguna Azul, Guelatao, Francisco Villa, Rinconada Los Olivos, Loma Obrera and Lazarus Cardenas.
Thus, he said, he attacks the two main points where it has happened the highest incidence of dengue, as in Los Cabos, where it has presented more than 80 percent of cases, has been working for the last two weeks , also with a general sweep.
He insisted the call for people so I cleaned the yards of their houses, especially those susceptible abandoned containers to store water.
At the same time recommended to see a doctor if any symptoms of dengue, such as headache, eyes, muscles and joints, and skin rashes.
Moreover, said the cumulative cases of dengue so far this year is 765 , of which  495 have been presented in Los Cabos, 259 La Paz, eight Comondú two Mulege and one in Loreto.
Of these cases, 74 have been bleeding, not existing so far, report of death for this reason.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty needlefish warning

Post by dean Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:22 am

needlefish warning

if we have wind/waves all night again tonight Tuesday night Wednesday is IMHO a high risk day for windsurfing and possibly kiting.      My suggestion is not to have anything blue on you, harness, vest, wetsuit, or board, fin, windsurf, sail.    

I am issuing this one day early because many do not read this everyday.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty map where the LaVentana bus pickup is in LaPaz

Post by dean Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:41 am

map where the LaVentana bus pickup is in LaPaz 

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t200-laventana-to-lapaz-bus

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 pm

I have several reports of dengue in LaPaz.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:51 am

80 cases of dengue reported in cabo this week.   per the baja nomads report.  so wear deet on your legs or long pants and you will be fine when in those higher risk areas..

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 am

we  do not have dengue here but there is a outbreak in Todos Santos and the east cape.     I believe they had significantly more rain than we did.     Have not heard anything about LaPaz.    But todos Santos I have read that there are about 100 cases as reported on the baja nomads.      I heard  that people took off from LaVentana over the weekend because of lack of wind to todos santos.      If you did or you know someone who did please ask them to take some major precautions to protect those who they come in contact with.    While they may not feel any symptoms if they were bitten in Todos, it is not clear when their blood can pass the virus on.    In general it is 2-10 days before they may have the full sickness.     If they take proper precautions and they do end up with dengue that can help prevent it from spreading here.     Ask anyone that has been there to have deet on at all times on their legs or wear socks and long pants for 2 weeks from when they were in high risk area.     Also if going to LaPaz make sure you spray yourself as a safeguard, make sure you have deet in the vehicle.    I have been bit by mosquitoes in the LaPaz movie theaters, so I spray myself before going in on the legs..  take active measures to eliminate breeding areas I have suggestions at mosquito page in this site.   Remember this mosquito has a flight range of about 100 meters.     

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=70456&page=1#pid860887

a question was asked to me

Dengue fever is not transmittable from one person / host to another. It is spread by the bite of a mosquito. It is therefore not contagious.  What do you mean "spread in LV "?
my reply

Yep if a mosquito bites an infected person and bites one or more people thereafter, they feed every three days during a 30 day life.    In general when a person who has it is in a very local area/their home 90% of the mosquitos found were infected. 

Thus it is estimated todos has about 1000 cases so far, not the 100 reported.   It is estimated for every one person who goes to see a doctor there are 10 other cases that the people did not.   

also someone asked, and yes it is reported several people have died on the east cape from dengue recently.     

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:45 am

amazing pictures of baja

http://fotosbajacalifornia.tripod.com/index.html

La Paz, BC (1847-1848). - Pencil drawing conducted by the American soldier William Rich Hutton, in panoramic possibly from the Hill of the Cross with the Mogote the background. 1. - Church 2. - Government Office 3. - Commercial building 4. - Palacios Miranda governor's house 5. - Former barracks and 6. - Residential area.

cabo san lucas

Last edited by dean on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Here's an article dated 2008.

We are all familiar with the “Good Samaritan Law”. This law protects you from becoming liable for helping in an emergency situation. The Good Samaritan law allows you to give aid within your scope of expertise at a car accident or other disaster without being sued for any reason in the performance of your aid. Mexico has no such law. You as a visitor or citizen can not give any aid at anytime or anyplace with out breaking the law. The only organization able to perform emergency services outside of a hospital or medial clinic in Mexico is the Cruz Roja. Do not stop and help! Call for help 065 or at lakeside 765-2308. You will be at risk of arrest, deportation or being financially responsible. To understand how this came about, we must look at its history.

As early as 1898, the Spanish Red Cross approached the Mexican Government to inquire about the emergency services available in the Republic. At that time, such services were provided by the Mexican Army. The Mexican President, Porfirio Diaz, had been a general, had strong ties to the Military, and showed no interest in establishing a Mexican Red Cross. By 1907, however, the Mexican Army had fallen on hard times. Diaz, still President, had cut back on its funds, producing inefficiency and dissatisfaction among career officers.

On August 2nd of that year Mexico recognized the Geneva Convention and on February 21, 1910, a presidential decree recognized the Red Cross, but made it an auxiliary of the Army. In 1919, it was recognized by the International Red Cross and received a charter in 1923. Since then, the organization has been prohibited from accepting any financial aid from any government agency. It is financed by private donations only. It also severed its ties with the Army. Now, the Army gave up its role as the provider of day to day emergency care, shifting the burden to the Cruz Roja Mexicana. Thus, it became the sole designated caregiver in situations normally handled and paid for by governments in most parts of the world.

Today, both the Mexican Red Cross and the Mexican National Health Service, IMSS, maintain hospitals in all major cities. Larger cities also run Municipal Hospitals. However, the IMSS hospitals serve only those who work for companies that provide them with coverage. Those who are not covered by their employers still must turn to either a Red Cross or Municipal Hospital for free care. By and large, emergency health care in big cities is good. That is not the case in small towns and villages.

Those who live outside large municipalities and are unable to pay for private care, are totally dependant on the Red Cross to provide emergency care and transport them to the nearest hospital that offers free service. The needs of the less affluent members of the community, who have non-emergency medical problems, are handled in a free clinic that operates 6 days a week. It provides a consultation with a doctor and in most cases, free medications are dispensed (Central Salud). The Delegation requests a donation after the services are rendered, but what is received seldom cover costs. Fortunately, the Delegation has two auxiliary groups. The Cruz Roja International Volunteers, largely non-Mexican and the Damas of the Cruz Roja, mostly Mexican ladies, run fund raising events that keep a monthly deficit under control, but just barely.

Again, it is sad but do not offer aid in an emergency unless you are willing to suffer the possible consequences. What you CAN do is to contribute to the Cruz Roja on a regular basis. We have a great need for monthly and annual contributions as well as the support of the fund raising projects run throughout the year.

Cruz Roja depends on YOU! Anyone wanting to contribute to any of these needs please contact Norm Pifer at 766-0616 or Charlie Klestadt at 766-3671. You can, as always, find all our current information on our website at WWW.cruzrojalakeside.com
baja nomads

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty bank issues

Post by dean Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:07 am

Bank of america is now charging 3% at atms in Mexico...

here is a thread on this discussion and how to get around this...

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t41-transferring-money-wire-bank-credit-cards-exchange-rate

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty Tax Reforms 2014 approved by the National Congress

Post by dean Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:23 pm

[url=http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-Mexico/Local Assets/Documents/TaxAlert09_Reform2014.pdf]http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-Mexico/Local%20Assets/Documents/TaxAlert09_Reform2014.pdf[/url]

Tax Reforms 2014 approved by the National Congress
Tax Alert 08/2013

DOWNLOAD 
On October 31 that National Congress finally concluded its approval of the reforms to the Federal Tax Code, Customs Law ,Tax Coordination Law, General Government Accountability Law, Value-Added Tax Law, Excise Tax Law, Federal Fees Law, Federal Incomes Law, as well as the new Income Tax Law and the repeal of the Business Flat Tax Law and the Cash Deposits Tax Law, and they only have to be published by the Executive Branch in the Federal Official Gazette.  Please note that the constitutional reforms to have to be approved for purposes of the Universal Social Security and the Tax Regime of PEMEX.

The reforms that we consider most important are described below:

• Income Tax Law
  • Indirect Taxes Affecting Maquiladoras
  • Other Vat Modifications
  • Business Flat Tax Law
  • Cash Deposits Tax Law
  • and others

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty spanish lessons

Post by dean Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:25 am

Online Spanish Lessons: www.duolingo.com  Thanks to Louisa C. for sharing this free internet site with me. Several other languages available, including English for Spanish speakers.  Carol  

vv 

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty technology clothing

Post by dean Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:19 am

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/subindex_new_on_sale.shtml

makes travel easier.  take jacket off and set on scanner for easy travel
for today,,,    - Page 9 20_sale_REVOLUTION

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:45 am

A Doctor Explains: What The Affordable Care Act Means For Expats - The following article was submitted by By Timothy J. Garrett, MD, MBA:

October 1, 2013, saw the beginning of the enrollment period for health coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Along with the news about glitches with the health care website came lots of questions for expats: Do expats have to enroll? Will there be penalties for expats who do not enroll? Even if expats are not required to enroll, is there a benefit to enrolling? Here are three things that every expat should know in regards to the ACA:

• U.S. citizens who are bona fide residents of a foreign country are not required to have health insurance as mandated by the ACA. In general, U.S. citizens living outside of the United States for at least 330 days in a given year and who meet the IRS requirements to be a bona fide resident of another country are exempt from the ACA. (You’ll find the full list of requirements for bona fide residence in Form 2555 on the IRS website.)
  • It could make sense for you to have minimum essential coverage under the ACA even if you are a bona fide resident of another country. Many expats are fortunate to live in an area with high-quality, affordable, and easily accessible health care. Those who are bona fide residents don’t have to pay for health coverage in the U.S. But even if you are a bona fide resident of a foreign country, having extra cover in the U.S. could help you to secure your own peace of mind.
  • If, for any reason, you think that you or your family might have health issues that will require treatment in the United States, it’s worth thinking about purchasing a low-premium/high-deductible U.S. plan that’s coupled with a medical evacuation policy. There are several medical evacuation companies that will provide evacuation from almost any location in the world to the U.S. hospital of your choice for a reasonable membership fee. 
BWO

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty rain well one massive cloud with clear skys behind it

Post by dean Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:59 pm

we just received our quickest rain in years.    Was one huge cloud and really opened up on us with a real downpour.     Not long maybe an hour.     did more damage than all the rains we has all season on my property.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty battery recycling

Post by dean Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:55 am

the big telcel store next to burger king in soriana mall.  they have a large deposit bin just for old batteries.  i think the big telcel stores have them, like sorianas and mega

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty now this is a baja vehicle if I ever saw one....

Post by dean Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:51 am

it flies and is off road...  

http://www.gizmag.com/skyrunner-flying-parasail-car/29627/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=4561bd33a0-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-4561bd33a0-90245106

for today,,,    - Page 9 Skyrunner-2

for today,,,    - Page 9 Skyrunner-0

Like other parasail vehicles, the SkyRunner has a propeller on the back, along with a parachute-like paraglider wing that packs down when not in use. When it's time to take flight, the wing is laid out behind the car, its propeller is fired up, then it zips along the ground until it reaches 37 mph (60 km/h), at which point the lifting force of the wing pulls everything into the air.
No airport runway is necessary, as a grassy field, beach, or other sufficiently long and empty area is sufficient. A Sport Pilot license, however, is required.
Once airborne, the SkyRunner is reportedly fairly easy to control, as the pilot only needs to manage its pitch and roll. Should trouble arise, a reserve chute can be deployed.

The 926-lb (420-kg) vehicle is powered by a 1.0-liter EcoBoost direct injection turbo engine that produces 200 Nm (147.5 ft lb) of torque, and pushes the car from 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 4.3 seconds. It has a top speed of 115 mph (185 km/h) on the ground and 55 mph (89 km/h) in the air, with one tank of gas taking it 500 miles (805 km) on the road at 56.5 mpg (5 L/100 km), or 200 nautical miles (322 km) in the sky.
The SkyRunner is currently in the process of acquiring its light sport aircraft certification. In the meantime, the company is accepting US$1,500 deposits from potential buyers. The vehicle is hoped to be ready for delivery next year, and will cost $119,000.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty critical warning for motorcycles

Post by dean Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:00 pm

the road right out of LaPaz is in reconstruction and it is very hazardous for motorcycles.   

the laventana turn off they are paving it so it is not bad.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty baja tax increase march tomorrow

Post by dean Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:25 am

https://www.facebook.com/events/648209191890538/permalink/649197598458364/

over the increase in IVA tax from 11 to 16% there is now more talk about baja separating from Mexico.

http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/44745/Separatist-Group-seeks-independence-for-Baja-California-Mexico/pagina-1/

Because of the uncertainty generated by the possible approval of the Tax Reform and the consequent discontent of the people, it was through social media Proposed That the state Baja California Becomes an independent country. The Facebook group "Republic of Baja California of" which was created this past October 14 made the suggestion and today it counts With over 26,000 followers.
The first time Baja California tried to Become independent was in the mid 1800's with William Walker, journalist and leader of a movement freebooter, que Sought power and recognition beyond the expansion of Their country, the United States.

https://www.facebook.com/bajaindependiente

from lapaz in my opinion

It was explained to me by a BCS elected official and two lawyers that the wording “participate in the country's political affairs “ only pertains to running for elected government offices, BUT I would not test those waters.      It would be smart to sit back and watch this unfold.  Reading the Facebook comments and watch the LIKES grow it is interesting how ticked off locals are about this IVA tax issues.  BC and BCS pay 186% more taxes then the folks on the mainland. Foreigner.

The Political Constitution of the Mexican United States First Title
Chapter III  The foreigners
Article 33
The individuals lacking the qualities determined by article 30 shall be
considered as foreigners. They shall have the privileges and immunities
conferred on every person by Chapter I, Title one of this Constitution;
however, the Executive Branch of Federal Government shall have power
to expel from national territory, without a trial and in an immediate way any
foreigner whose presence is considered to be inconvenient.
The foreigners shall not participate in the country's political affairs.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty road report

Post by dean Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:43 am

there was a road washout a few miles south of loreto, where they were repairing it from the last major rain.   So they had all the equipment on hand to repair it to a minimal level fast.    they had about 20 dump trucks and several front end loaders.    

trucks rvs could not pass we had to wait 1 hour on Tuesday, there were about 50 trucks lined up waiting..    once we got past we noticed that there were no trucks driving the route south so they must have all known.     so we drove to late in the night because of no truck heading south.   maybe the entire day night we saw about 7.    makes driving so easy with no oncoming truck traffic, car was also very minimal.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty we have rain

Post by dean Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:19 pm

officially we have rain.   just started we will see if is continues for a long time.

just stopped, good soaker nothing heavy.  so about 40 minutes.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:41 am

saw a posting on facebook that at least some of the local Mexicans are not happy about the OXXO opening in town.    The google translate though not precise put it in these terms, they will not pay local wages and will harm the locals business.    

So how long do you think this OXXO will last if the local Mexicans will not shop there? 

Considering basically 95% of businesses close for 8 months here my best guess is they will stick it out for 2 years and close with that boycott.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:11 am

2014 Property tax discount for La Paz: 30% PLUS 5% discount if one pays total between Oct. 16th and Dec. 31st. 2013; 30% discount between Dec.  first and last day of Dec 2013 if one pay total; 20% discount if one pays total during the month of January 2014; 15% during February and 10% during march 2014; also discount of 20% on back taxes and 50% on fines and other charges when one did not pay is taxes pior to 2014 if one pays total between Oct.  16th and Dec.  31st 2013.  FOR MORE INFO  Can-am-mex@hotmail.com
bpe

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty Are these rules really enacted NOW

Post by tejana Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:12 am

"Thus, from Oct. first, 2013 one needs, any where in Mexico, to be insured while driving on federal highways (Art. 63.Bis). " this seems to refer to information about the laws passed 6 months ago, laws passed with many details yet determined. More recently: "The Ministry of Finance has yet to issue these rules,"  Vallarta Tribune 30 Sept 2013

vallartatribune.com compulsory-car-insurance-for-federal-highways-and-roads

According to the Vallarta Tribune these new laws are not effectively enacted yet. Which makes sense to me, because 2/3rds of Mexican Drivers are uninsured (see article) and I would expect any binding change in the laws for these millions of uninsured drivers would not be predominately reported on expat blogs before the national press. According the Vallarta Tribune enforcement of these new laws is at least 200 days off.

Tejana

By the way you need auto insurance and these new rules raise the amounts of coverage.

Last edited by tejana on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the other side)

tejana

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty tax law changes

Post by dean Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:42 pm

http://www.bajacitizen.com/fiscal-changes-for-mexico-are-on-the-way/

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty road work from the T and San Antonio rd

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:52 am

they are in high gear, really making progress on this project.     Where the last time it took them several months it is looking like they could knock this one off in half the time.    

Also some signs up on the San Antonio rd saying that they are going to do some work there.    And some equipment is over there now, no signs of work though.   The signs were not in the area where the most damage is done, there are several parts where 1/3 of the road is gone now.    But well marked.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 9 Empty bpe

Post by dean Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:14 pm

RE new 3rd party liability insurance on federal highways:
It is a federal law, (Ley de Caminos, Puentes y Autotransporte Federal); said law was modified by the National congress on Arpil 12th 2013, see http://www.oem.com.mx/laprensa/notas/n2502255.htm 
Thus, from Oct. first, 2013 one needs, any where in Mexico, to be insured while driving on federal highways (Art. 63.Bis). In the event that one can not show an insurance policy to the federal highway patrol (Federales) the officer will issue a fine which will be equivalent to 200 times the minimum wage of 64.70 pesos in the Federal District  for not respecting the law  ( Art. 74.bis I)plus an additional fine 20 to 40 days of the same wage for not having an isurance policy ( Art. 74.bis II); this will be cancelled if the owner of the vehicule presents within 45 days a policy at the office of the Federal police (Second paragraph of 74.bis II). Since the law says that a non insured vehicule can not be driven on federal highway the car will be towed to their compound yard (Art. 74.Ter. IV.). One  has 21 days to pay the fine, if one does it inside this time frame one gets a 50% discount; Procedure: One has to go to the Federal Highway patrol office, get a document with which is used to pay at the bank, comes back to the office with the bank´s receipt.
Lic. Jacques-Edouard Beaulne, CAN-AM-MEX LAW FIRM,  can-am-mex@hotmail.com

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Toni the welder is beginning to weld something at the concrete poles that are now placed at the far north arroyo.     So could be a gate is going to be a reality.

dean

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next