La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for today,,,

+5
tejana
admin
roxiepool
covertcode
dean
9 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty for today,,,

Post by dean Fri May 28, 2010 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-PlatedCars into Mexico

Post by dean on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

http://yucalandia.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/new-requirements-for-bringing-foreign-plated-cars-into-mexico-banjercito/

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito
Posted on June 17, 2011 by yucalandia

The Mexican Ministry of Finance and Public Credit has issued a new decree affecting expats bringing foreign plated cars into Mexico: “New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito”. From the Banjercito website:

“IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) has issued a decree which states that beginning on June 11th, 2011 anyone applying for a temporary import permit for vehicles must make a deposit in the amount determined by the following table:

Vehicle Year Model:…….Amount to be paid in Mexican Pesos*
2007 and later…….USD $400
2001 until 2006…….USD $300
2000 and earlier…….USD $200

*Peso amounts are based on applicable exchange rate

This deposit is compulsory and can be paid by credit card, debit card, or cash (in US Dollars only).

Users must keep in mind that if the deposit is charged to a credit card, the charge will be made in Mexican Pesos and will be calculated based on the exchange rate of the day on which the payment is made. This deposit will be refunded to the same credit card on the next banking business day after the vehicle is fully returned and based on the exchange rate of that day.

The vehicle must be returned on time and within the time period stated on the temporary import permit. If the vehicle is returned after the stated time period, the entire deposit amount will be transferred to the Office of the Treasury on the day following the expected return date, as allowed by current law.”

Last Item:
Another clause in the new updated regulations requires FM2 Rentista and FM3 holders to notify Aduana within 15 days of when they renew their FM2 or FM3, otherwise Aduana is allowed to confiscate/keep these “new” deposits. Aduana’s address is listed in Yucalandia’s main article on cars in Mexico: “Importing & Driving a Car in Mexico”

This post is meant as a public service announcement (not meant as legal advice), so, we here at Yucandia will keep the post updated with further understandings and clarifications as they develop.

Feel free to copy while giving proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quiet

Post by dean on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 pm
great new product for noisy rooms

http://news.cnet.com/noise-quenching-curtains-open-window-to-quiet/8301-17938_105-20059612-1.html
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quietPost by dean on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 am
Water, I have tasted it when not brushing my teeth and it is not salty. My meter reads about 1750 ppm which is about 1000 ppm less of what we use to have. But the taste tells me it is it is lower. My meter reads correctly on bottled water about 40ppm so not sure.

bookmark this site/thread as I will add pictures and issues from time to time.

here is a picture of one of the water tanks by the shrimp factory that will have the de-sal water. you will bring your own jugs here to fill up. a real watering hole...

right now they have the de-sal hooked up to the city water, our water is good but not great, 560 ppm disolved solids. I was told by the workers the plant can do 300 cubic meters per day. that is probably about 1/2 our requirements in the summer and 1/3 when everyone is here. I was told another well will be dug for the desal plant. also they ran a three inch line to all these tanks.

here is the tank in progress picture
for today,,,    - Page 8 Water_tank_shrimp_factory-600x337

here is the first structure being built in the campground by a comercial business. note the total area via the orange markers.
for today,,,    - Page 8 Whos_business_in_campground-600x337

second commercial business in the campground. not sure, coffee or taco stand. white building to the right of the gate.
for today,,,    - Page 8 Toco_stand-600x337

the first arroyo to the north of the campground, the new concrete fence with barbwire to stop people from parking there?
for today,,,    - Page 8 Arroyo_fence-600x337

and finally in parting, we had a real cloudy morning here a week or so ago, this is the sunrise...
for today,,,    - Page 8 Fire_in_the_sky-600x337
for today,,,    - Page 8 Sunrise_1-600x337

and lastly here is my suggested air seperation piping to keep water bills low, i have a discussion of it in the water section under building in this forum.
for today,,,    - Page 8 Air_seperation_1v2-600x337

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am; edited 9 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty Re: for today,,,

Post by dean Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:09 pm

still real humid, mountains gone island almost gone.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:50 pm

here are the dates and times that traffic will come to a halt in Mexico...  I remember being in LaPaz during one of the major games and the streets were eerily empty, you would have thought a virus killed off the town.   

for today,,,    - Page 8 Captur12

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:54 am

boy is it humid for some reason the last two or so days.  The air flow is coming from the mainland that is always humid.    This is unusual.     The mountains and the island are missing....   

CRE is replacing a bunch of poles down by the police station area.    One of the poles they are replacing is a a very serious tilt, hopefully I get a picture before they remove it.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:48 am

lpg

We sell a large variety of vegetable seeds, irrigation equipment, compost, and organic pest control products at very low prices to help fund the community gardens in La Paz.  Our point of sale for the moment is the Sabores De La Tierra Community Farm on Nayarit street just a half block from the beach in Colonia Manglito.  There are a couple of old cement towers on the property that you can see from afar and the front gate has a big mural. Our ours during the summer are Monday-Friday, 9am-1PM.  We will have more points of sale come Fall.  For more info check Raíz de Fondo - Inicio http://www.raizdefondo.org   Raíz de Fondo - Inicio http://www.raizdefondo.org Raíz de Fondo Jardines Y Educación A.C.     View on www.raizdefondo.org http://www.raizdefondo.org  Preview by Yahoo       There is a menu on the above right side of the page to view it in English

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty internet speed

Post by dean Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:40 pm

well i just did a speed test, and was only at 2.6meg download so it appears to me the fiber is not  hooked up, our increased speed is just all of you are gone...     so stay away:)

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty the NEW Otay Mesa: Cross-Border Facility

Post by dean Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:23 pm

One of a Kind Project in the
World, Breaking Ground in Otay Mesa:
Cross-Border Facility
Construction has started on the awaited cross-border facility, a pedestrian bridge that will serve as a port of entry for ticketed passengers to the Tijuana Airport. Construction is expected to last between 14 to 15 months. 

for today,,,    - Page 8 Captur11

http://sdbj.com/news/2014/jun/03/work-begins-otay-mesa-cross-border-air-terminal/?utm_source=Newsletter+June+4+2014&utm_campaign=Newsletter+September+4th%2C+2013&utm_medium=email

Ground has been broken on the Otay Mesa side on a $78 million cross-border terminal that will give local ticketed airline passengers access to the Tijuana airport on the Mexican side of the international border.
The 95,000-square foot-terminal is being built by a joint venture entity called Otay-Tijuana Venture LLC, which includes Chicago-based Equity Group Investments and two Mexican investment groups, Palareo Inc. and PAP Corp.
Equity Group, a private investment firm owned by billionaire Sam Zell, has been planning the terminal since 2007.
Set for completion in 2015, the terminal will allow ticketed air travelers from the U.S. side to cross a 525-foot bridge and board planes departing from Tijuana’s Rodriguez International Airport. The facility will also allow passengers arriving on the Tijuana side to cross into the U.S. via the same facility, after passing customs inspections.
Users of the crossing terminal will pay a toll — still to be finalized — to access the facility.
Construction has been underway on the Mexican side of the border since September, according to developers. Representatives of the joint venture have said U.S. construction will take about 15 months to complete.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty water bicycle

Post by dean Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:45 am

this top one is ideal for summer when getting wet is nice to stay cool.   Bottom one would be a great winter one.  

$1,600 plus shipping.  

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Water-bicycle-water-inflatable-amusement-equipment-double-pedal-boat-foot-inflatable/1157038508.html

for today,,,    - Page 8 Captur10

for today,,,    - Page 8 Boat_210

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/18747?source=GOOGLECAT&cm_ven=googlecat

The English Channel Pedal Boat.

$3,800.00

• Description
  • Lifetime Guarantee

This is the water craft that set a Guinness World Record for the fastest pedal-powered crossing of the English Channel. Possessing superior nautical qualities that enabled navigation through the Channel’s notoriously inhospitable waters, its ballasted keel provides superior stability in windy conditions for up to three passengers (for a total of 525 lbs.). Its self-righting, durable rotomolded polyethylene hull cuts through chop for a smooth ride. Drawing 1' 8" of water, allowing paddling into shallows, it is suitable as a tender for transportation to an offshore boat, or as a way to explore a calm bay or lake. The boat has a quiet, smooth pedal crank that drives a 16" two-bladed propeller, providing a hull speed of 5 1/4 mph. Stopping and reverse are accomplished by pedaling backward. The rudder is controlled by hand levers located on both the right and left sides of the cockpit, providing easy and effective turning. A protective windshield and high freeboard guard against wind, waves, and water sprays, and the form-fitting recumbent seat is adjustable and fully padded for extra comfort. Ample storage space is located underneath the rear seat, and bungee cords in the bow hold towels, cameras, or food and beverages. A transom platform built into the stern allows for easy re-entry after swimming. It has a built-in manual bilge pump and a collapsible, marine-grade woven acrylic bimini top. 12' 2" L x 4' W x 54 3/4" H.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_sporting-goods?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Nauticraft&node=3375251

Last edited by dean on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:16 am

It is hard to tell because speeds go up when people are gone.  But here is one possible indicator.  

This morning for the first time I can remember I was able to send a 6 meg attachment.    I clearly remember sending 1-3 meg size files but do not remember ever being able to send a 6 meg file.   And this is the type of thing i pay attention to because it is part my business.     So IMHO I believe they have hooked up the   fiber to copper already.    I will do a test of an even larger file and report it.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:43 pm

did a internet speed test today, tested two times, one during the day and one at 6pm.

both times we are at the speed we pay for.    Not sure if this is because everyone is gone, shame I did not test last week.

http://www.speedtest.net/

http://www.whatismyip.com/internet-speed-test/?ref=301

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty fiber update

Post by dean Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:12 am

they put in a new pole and have put the fiber cable to the telmex building.   So they are being diligent about it.    

So when they will put the fiber to copper equipment in will be hard to know exact by checking speed.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty oscoritos is expanding

Post by dean Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:14 pm

breaking news, oscoritos is expanding....  there will be a second  location 

She bought the Star market.

Last edited by dean on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue May 27, 2014 8:54 am

really humid today from hurricane amanda.    hits the misery index...  feels like florida in the summer.  Amada was cat 4 and is now cat 1 and dying but it is stagnant and just sending its humidity out.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat May 24, 2014 10:01 pm

Amanda it is now a cat 3 hurricane.   only one projection has it going over baja.    i have a bunch of weather maps under the heading of hurricane:: weather maps

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t524-weather-maps#2196

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty breaking news... fiber optic cable being installed in LaVe

Post by dean Fri May 23, 2014 4:52 pm

wow.....

photos taken in front of my property.     they put it up today.   I will check down at the tower to see what they are doing and see if I can get a date of connection.     wow we will be getting the speed we pay for.    check back for updates as I will not post the minor things on the ventana view but will post here..   

for today,,,    - Page 8 Sam_0211

for today,,,    - Page 8 Sam_0212

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri May 23, 2014 1:57 pm

http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2014/05/f15/2014_csp_report.pdf

report on concentrating solar plants.  these would be ideal for baja,and if as shown below the Gov said they want 33% by renewables this is the way to do it.

Last edited by dean on Fri May 23, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed May 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Mexican government wants 33% of electricity capacity to come from renewable sources by 2018
The Mexican government has set lofty goals for the future, as energy secretary Pedro Joaquin Coldwell announced that the current administration wants 33% of the country’s installed electricity capacity to come from renewable sources by 2018.

http://www.pv-tech.org/news/mexican_government_wants_33_of_electricity_capacity_to_come_from_renewable

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed May 21, 2014 8:41 pm

lots of construction on the roads from Loreto to laventana.   from KM30 (that microwave tower spot) to km17 just north of LaPaz looks like it will be 4 lane all the way into lapaz.    they do not send you off road here as they are building a new 2 lanes next to it and will probably then send you to those while they redo the other two.    

they have the system down, in general they are doing 2-3 mile sections at a time from loreto to miles north and south of Ciudad Constitution.   they are doing 3 sections actively.  saw people with transoms all over the route to LaPaz from CC.    

would not want to be on my motorcycle in those 2-3 mile sections of off road.   very silty dirt in [places that they do not seem to water down.    Seems each 2-3 mile section takes about 4-6 weeks to complete.  they are adding a few feet in width to these sections.   

Last edited by dean on Wed May 21, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:34 pm

this is funny, unless you were the pranked...   

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ynvKWYvyCqw

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:02 am

more holiday campers past the hot springs, at hot springs, and in campground
 for today,,,    - Page 8 Sam_0210

for today,,,    - Page 8 Sam_0213

for today,,,    - Page 8 Sam_0214

Last edited by dean on Fri May 23, 2014 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty this will make SUPs stand still.....

Post by dean Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:20 am

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/909820/video-365547-h264_high.mp4

for today,,,    - Page 8 Aqua-elliptica

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty what does it look like during the holiday camping

Post by dean Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:15 pm

well here it is friday afternoon I circled where there are a bunch of beach campers that entire section.   

for today,,,    - Page 8 Captur11

for today,,,    - Page 8 Captur12

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty new boat launch progress

Post by dean Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:08 pm

here is the LasPalmas boat launch in progress, seems they have put all the concrete landings out.  and as usual sand is already building up on it.     Did not check it during low tide to see if it if it has more issues.  they have not finishes the upper part yet, still burying large rocks for a footing.   

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:06 am

VV

Boat Ramp in El Sargento.  Last Friday, a large crane moved sections of the precast concrete ramp slabs onto a rock foundation.  Top part isn't finished yet, but progress.  The new ramp is located in the cove south of Las Palmas Restaurant in the El Sargento Parque.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty Volaris one day sale for travel in December and January

Post by dean Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Buy today and save.
for today,,,    - Page 8 Vacio
Take advantage of the black promotion to travel in
December 2014 and January 2015.
Travel to / from USA and within Mexico with 50% Off.
+ 20% Off if you but with VClub
Promotion Code: VPN50

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:40 pm

significant shoring up of the edges of the various roads going on.  They are reworking huge areas on the San Antonio road, the LaPaz road and even some minor work in LaVentana 

Hopefully everyone is doing their mosquito prevention work before they leave.    Dengue is still in the baja from what I have read, very low numbers but if we get a few hurricanes it could get out of hand.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Watch nbc today show tomorrow, my new product will be shown....   

10:30am EST on NBC.

http://www.today.com/style/bobbies-buzz-haute-headphones-crossbody-cases-more-tech-accessories-2D79482242

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty Kitetender blends sailing and kitesurfing

Post by dean Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:35 am

http://www.gizmag.com/kitetender-sailing-meets-kitesurfing/31303/

[size=40]Kitetender blends sailing and kitesurfing[/size]

Dutch water sports enthusiast Peter Renssen, in collaboration with designer Peter Schermer, has created a hybrid recreational boat that merges kitesurfing with sailing. Dubbed, Kitetender the original prototype has undergone four years of tests and tweaks, resulting in the Kitetender 400, which is now ready for commercial release.

• for today,,,    - Page 8 Kitetender-0

• for today,,,    - Page 8 Kitetender-1

• for today,,,    - Page 8 Kitetender-2

• for today,,,    - Page 8 Kitetender-3

The Kitetender 400 is a one to two person monohull water vessel that, instead of having a mast with a sail, features a sports kite that is attached to its core. The unique design was especially created for "kitesailing" after Renssen became obsessed with the idea when he witnessed a kitesurfer in the South of France who was having problems with his knees. The kitesurfer jumped onboard a small fishing boat before launching his kite and sailing the boat to shore.

for today,,,    - Page 8 Kitetender-3

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:02 pm

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty volaris 70% off today

Post by dean Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:04 am

www.volaris.com/en/

flights from usa and within mexico

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty foil catamaran

Post by dean Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:31 pm

in light of our upcoming races... 

This gravity-defying US$40k catamaran rises completely out of the water at speed on a pair of hook-shaped hydrofoils. It looks like the work of David Copperfield, but it’s real, and it’s set to start a revolution in the sailing world. read more 

for today,,,    - Page 8 Flying-phantom-levitating-catamaran

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:41 am

Per the office in San Jose the California Star will resume normal service between La Paz and Topolobambo on Sunday ,March 9th. The ship was in Panama for routine annual maintenance per Mexican regulations.  Brian Z
============================================

a. Received several answers that Banamex Los Barriles is closing on March 12th.  They are hoping to have an ATM at possibly the BV Pemex.
b.  Road Report:  Each year Highway 1 gets better and better and now they are digging up and replacing allot of road before and after Ciudad constitution, but the detours are well groomed and easily passable.
We turn on Laguna Capella to proceed on the rough road to San Filipe and it took us 2 1/2 hours to drive the rough road to Gonzaga Bay at the military stop. The new paved road starts there and they will be starting on another 4.7 km as I write this report.

09 Su   Time Change US, Canada & Northern Baja border towns.  Move clocks forward    (BCS, Mexico April 6th)

bpe

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty read this

Post by dean Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:20 am

http://www.gizmag.com/spritz-speed-reading-galaxy-s5/31063/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=be02e20b1d-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-be02e20b1d-90245106

[size=40]Spritz reader: Getting words into your brain faster[/size]

Static blocks of text like the one you’re looking at now are an antiquated and inefficient way to get words into your head. That’s the contention of Boston-based startup Spritz, which has developed a speed-reading text box that shows no more than 13 characters at a time. The Spritz box flashes words at you in quick succession so you don’t have to move your eyes around a page, and in my very quick testing it allowed me to read at more than double my usual reading pace. Spritz has teamed up with Samsung to integrate its speed reading functionality with the upcoming Galaxy S5 smartphone.

for today,,,    - Page 8 Spritz-imgur

for today,,,    - Page 8 Spritz2-imgur

for today,,,    - Page 8 Spritz3-imgur

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 am

KiteFoil GoldCup México starts in La Ventana March 13-17th, 2014
The new world circuit for hydrofoil kiteboarding starts in La Ventana this March 13th.
This action packed world cup will have the best foilboarders in the world competing for the victory in this cutting edge regatta.
For more info visit www.kitefoilgoldcup.com //  Interested in volunteering?   Contact: racing@playacentralkiteboarding.com

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:05 pm

Swap Meet - Sunday, March 9th @ 9 am-noon in main campground.  Bring anything you wish to sell or swap.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty Carnaval starts tomorrow and runs thru' to March 4th They're

Post by dean Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:03 pm

the Carnaval starts tomorrow and runs thru' to March 4th

They're setting up the booths today, traffic along the malecon is a mess.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:01 am

f.  PIANO PERFORMANCE

Hi, I am Michael, a young Russian Pianist and Composer of classical music. Please come and join me, bring your friends, for a special performance on: Thursday, Feb. 27, 14 at 1 PM
El Triunfo Piano Museum - Admission fee: by donations

bpe

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty dog crap

Post by dean Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:56 am

Stuff you really didn’t want to know…
1. One gram of dog waste contains 23 million fecal coliform bacteria. Enough bacteria washing from beaches into the water can make the water unsafe for swimming (and kiting and windsurfing one would suppose).
2. Dogs (and dog waste) can be significant hosts of both Giardia and Salmonella.
3. Burying dog waste on the beach is not the answer – the release of nutrients from the decay of the waste promotes weed and algae growth that can lead to reduced oxygen levels in the water affecting fish and other sea creatures. (All information from stormwatercenter.net)
Our “town beach” – roughly from Buena Vista to North Beach is receiving a growing mass of dog waste. To reduce the effects of dog waste and to continue the ability for people and their pets to enjoy our beach, members of your local chapter of Wild Coast/Coasta Salvaje have installed and are maintaining seven stations with bags and garbage cans for dog waste. We estimate that some stations are disposing of 50 pounds of dog waste a week. That’s a lot of poop that we would otherwise walk or lay in, or our children and grandchildren would play in!
Please use the bags provided and dispose of the bags in the containers provided. Don’t drop your bags on the beach! Look for the stations at most major beach access routes. If you are willing to install and maintain a station, please contact Skip Ackerman at skipackerman@gmail.com . Thank you for your concern and care in keeping East Cape Beaches clean!

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty Greece Improves in Corruption Index as Denmark Ranked Cleane

Post by dean Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:06 pm

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-12-03/greece-improves-in-corruption-index-as-denmark-ranked-cleanest

Greece Improves in Corruption Index as Denmark Ranked Cleanest

Denmark and New Zealand were the nations seen as most free of corruption and Somalia was ranked last, according to this year’s Corruption Perceptions Index.

The report, released today by Berlin-based Transparency International, ranks states based on how corrupt their public sectors are perceived to be. More than two-thirds of the 177 countries surveyed in 2013 scored below 50 on a scale where zero is seen as highly corrupt and 100 perceived as very clean. Greece, the epicenter of Europe’s sovereign debt crisis which erupted in 2009, was among the biggest improvers, while Australia was one of those to witness the largest declines.

“All countries still face the threat of corruption at all levels of government, from the issuing of local permits to the enforcement of laws and regulations,” Huguette LaBelle, chairman of Transparency International, said in a statement.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty Mexico's top drug lord Joaquin 'Shorty' Guzman arrested

Post by dean Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:28 am

Mexico's top drug lord Joaquin 'Shorty' Guzman arrested

He was the leader of the Sinaloa cartel, which smuggles huge amounts of illegal drugs into the US.

"Shorty" Guzman had been on the run since escaping a high-security prison in a laundry basket in 2001.

He was arrested in Sinaloa state, in a joint operation with US anti-drugs forces.

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto used his Twitter account to praise the forces involved in the arrest in the north-western resort of Mazatlan, in Sinaloa state.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26308203

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:55 am

Big shout-out to La Ventana resident Terry Wild (kiter Terry) whose son Vic Wild won the Olympic Gold medal for Russia in the mens parallel giant slalom in Sochi Russia today.  Vic's wife Alena won the bronze in the women's race.  Vic was born and raised in White Salmon, Washington.  He moved to Russia after marrying his wife Alena in 2011, and has been a member of the Russian snowboard team since then.  They race again on Saturday in the parallel slalom.  Congratulations to Terry and his family.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty thefts watch out

Post by dean Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:52 am

---------------------------------------

it is that time of the year.....

Please be careful. On Monday February 17th our trailer was broken into in North El Sargento. We believe that the robbers had targeted us and knew that we left Monday mornings at 8am. They came between 8am and 11am, in broad daylight. They stole the following items, 2 black & white Norco Mountain Bikes, 1 Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop computer, 1 Panasonic Lumix digital camera, 1 JVC video camera, 1 Vortex Binoculars and an inverter. Unfortunately they forgot the chargers for the cameras. If anybody has any information please contact the police and/or us, Julie & Pierre 612-140-6925 or justewart@. Please be aware with your own place.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty new road being put in...

Post by dean Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:22 pm

http://www.20min.ch/ro/videotv/?vid=339276

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty ISS 2014 Fee Schedule:

Post by dean Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:24 am

ISS 2014 Fee Schedule:
0 to 19 years old $1,600 pesos
20 to 29 years old $1,900 pesos
30 to 39 years old $2,000 pesos
40 to 49 years old $2,850 pesos
50 to 59 years old $3,050 pesos
60 to 69 years old $4,400 pesos
70 to 79 years old $4,600 pesos
80 and over $4,650 pesos
Feel free to copy while giving proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
http://yucalandia.com/2014/02/11/imss-2014-fee-schedule/

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty ideal motorcycle for baja around town

Post by dean Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:02 am

it is diesel so probably 60-80 mpg it can be used as a back up generator for times you lose power. Has 2 wheel drive so better on dirt roads, a detachable headlight that can be used as a flashlight

http://www.gizmag.com/hero-motocorp-turbo-diesel-hybrid-electric-2wd-motorcycle/30768/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=8bdf0d4fbf-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-8bdf0d4fbf-90245106

for today,,,    - Page 8 Hero-motocorp-turbo-diesel-2wd-prototype-26

Hero Motocorp’s presentation of the RNT hybrid turbo-diesel-electric motorcycle prototype at Auto Expo in New Delhi last week might well begin a whole new phase in the development of the motorcycle as an all-purpose utility vehicle. Most significantly, the RNT offers a range of life solutions well beyond mobility – it's designed to pull a plow or a harvester, carry heavy loads safely and adapt to play a practical role, particularly in rural areas and the developing world.

The RNT's large flat front mounting surface will no doubt see plenty of use once the machi...The more you look at the RNT, the more you see. note the footrests for the rear passengers...The Hero RNT's distinctive profile - it mighjt look ugly to you, but it will be the answer...The mountings for the extendable rear carrier look particularly strong.View all

The RNT has an ultra-frugal 13.5 hp, 150 cc diesel engine which produces 35 Nm of torque at just 1600 rpm, with an optional turbocharger which will more than double both those figures. There’s also an optional front wheel hub motor producing 1.3 hp, giving the bike two-wheel drive. Even more significantly, the RNT’s powerful generator can output 1500 W of 230 V electrical power continuously, making it ideal as a portable power source, and the LED headlight unclips to offer a portable and powerful light source. Large flat loading surfaces front and rear plus numerous mounting handles indicate a long overdue rethink of how the scooter is used in many parts of the world.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty Carnaval La Paz 2014 – February 27 - March 4

Post by dean Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:33 am

Carnaval La Paz 2014 – February 27 - March 4

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:02 am

from BPE one source so not verified...

The Fideicomiso will continue. Amendment to Article 27 of the Mexican Constitution has been Rejected - By John K. Glaab, CIPS
In May of 2013, the Mexican Chamber of Deputies (the lower house) approved legislation which would have amended the Mexican Constitution to permit foreigners to purchase propertyoutright in Mexico’s Restricted Zone which is100 kilometers from the borders of the United States, Belize and Guatemala and 50 kilometers from the coastlines of Mexico. Effectively this would have meant doing away with the Mexican bank trust, known as the fideicomiso. This initiative has been rejected, according to a report from the Secretary of Government. (SEGOB). Rejection of the proposed amendment is the result of not continuing with the amendment procedure within the time frame permitted under Article 89
number 2. Section III of the Rules of the Chamber of Deputies. The result is that foreigners purchasing property in the Restricted Zone must continue to obtain titles using the bank trust system, the fideicomiso, initiated in 1972.
About the author: John Glaab is Vice President of International Marketing at Mexico's The
Settlement Company® A Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS)
he was named International Member of the year, 2012 by the National
Association of Realtors® (NAR)

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty El triunfo Arts festival

Post by dean Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:34 am

This year's El Triunfo Arts Festival will be on Sunday March 16th. For information to exhibit call Maryzonia at 044-612-119-7668 or email her at creazonya@yahoo.com.. ( Phone works better!)
Cost of one booth/location is $200 pesos. Arts and crafts only - no food!

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:21 am

http://www.gizmag.com/iss-urthecast-space-hd-camera/30709/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=18a14fc083-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-18a14fc083-90245106

New ISS cameras set to provide high quality Earth views in near real time

On Jan. 27, two Russian Cosmonauts undertook a six hour spacewalk in order to install two new British-manufactured Earth imaging cameras to the Russian segment of the ISS. The initiative, announced in 2011, will allow anyone with an internet connection access to the near-live feed, which will provide higher quality results than the currently-installed standard definition cameras.

The recent spacewalk comes after an unsuccessful installation attempt on Dec, 27, 2013, when an error occurred after the cameras were put in place. The issue meant that no telemetry was received by the Russian Mission Control Center located outside of Moscow, leading to a removal of the cameras by the cosmonauts, followed by an investigation into the cause of the malfunction.

During last Monday's spacewalk, Expedition 38 Commander Oleg Kotov and fellow cosmonaut Sergey Ryazanskiy successfully re-installed the two cameras. Unfortunately, there are reportedly still telemetry issues with the medium resolution camera.

UrtheCast (pronounced “Earth-cast”), is the Canadian company that will operate and govern the use of the cameras. It released a statement on Jan, 28, stating that both cameras where in fact successfully installed and that “contrary to the online broadcast of the installation, the telemetry was received by Mission Control Central near Moscow”. The release went on to affirm that the telemetry received by Moscow was within expected results and that the company could now begin to look ahead to the unveiling of its “Ultra HD color video of Earth” service.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/iss_ustream.html#.UvIc-PldV8F
http://www.urthecast.com/features

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 8 Empty changing google search from spanish to english

Post by dean Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:03 pm

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/chrome/spanish$20to$20english|sort:relevance|spell:true/chrome/pAzynzdfJmU

You can create a new and not-country-related (NCR) search engine:
1. Right click on the address bar and chose "Edit search engines..."

2. At the bottom, in the "Other search engines" section file the following fields with:

Add a new search engine > Google NCR

Keyword > g

URL > https://www.google.com/ncr?q=%s

3. Make it default

then go here and make it set to english again.    and you will be doing searches in English.
https://www.google.com/preferences#languages

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:27 am

http://www.gizmag.com/piper-home-security-automation/30646/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=95abd73713-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-95abd73713-90245106

Blacksumac, a developer of remote presence-based smart technology, has announced the US and Canada launch of Piper, a home security and automation device. It allows users to monitor and interact with their home via a smartphone or tablet.

Piper allows users to monitor and interact with their home via a smartphone or tabletA 180° fish-eye lens aims to provide a full-view of a room in one shot, and users can also...Piper raised over three times its targeted amount via an Indiegogo campaignThe device incorporates a wide-angle camera, motion detector, speaker, microphone, siren, ...View all
Last year Piper raised over three times its targeted amount via an Indiegogo campaign. The device incorporates a wide-angle camera, motion detector, speaker, microphone, siren, Wi-Fi, Z-Wave controller and sensors for humidity, temperature, sound and ambient light. It can be mounted on a wall or simply placed on flat surface, and an accompanying app allows users to interact with, and control, it. Up to five Pipers can be managed with the app.

First and foremost, Piper provides a video feed that users can remote monitor the home via the app. A 180° fish-eye lens aims to provide a full-view of a room in one shot, and users can also pan and zoom as required. Live video can be accessed using the app, and videos of triggered recordings are saved to Piper's servers in the cloud. The device also monitors temperature, humidity, ambient light and sound levels, as well as providing two-way audio.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Crutches Needed ASAP until first week in Feb
Post by Maury power Today at 2:22 pm

Kiting injury on one knee , needing crutches for at least two weeks to heal this injury to get back out kiting.. Need to fit a 5'11 male.. even one would help!!! Name is Maury staying at KurtnMarinas at room 3. Would greatly appreciate it thanks!!!!

dean

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next