La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our mountain road report

2 posters

Go down

our mountain road report Empty our mountain road report

Post by dean Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:33 pm

ROAD REPORT  Just a heads up, the road over the mountain is in very bad shape, would not drive it at night but if you do have a few  extra  tires.    And extra shocks.   Well maybe just go real slow.     Going south is just real pot holed up and if going slow no death defying issues..    Going north, if you had not been on it absolutely do not drive it at night.    Northbound there are about three places, well one is marked now that you can disappear off the road down the mountain say headlights were in your eyes.   Also cows are really out in force.    If we get more rain during the peak next couple weeks I will note the details on my website in this section too.  

dean

Back to top Go down

our mountain road report Empty Re: our mountain road report

Post by admin Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:05 am

safer to take the san antonio way...
admin
admin
Admin

http://www.laventana.rocks

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:55 pm

road is normal condition, still some pot holes and edges that are missing. all in all very good vs this summer.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:51 am

our side of the road is almost completely repaved.  now as of this week we have the road stripe pained on much of it and some markers to the side.

It has a section in process of about 2 miles left to be paved.      The other side has a lot of pot holes.

here were pictures several months ago.  

on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:57 am

Here is a picture as you get on the road to LaPaz as you get past the T intersection.     and one up the mountain.   About 2/3 of the hill on our side is like this, it is easy to drive on this.     And as I mentioned at the top of the mountain they have paved from the eagle rock about 3 miles of the real curvy sections.    So nice up there.   I have not gone the los Planes direction to see how far they have progressed there.

our mountain road report Sam_0311

our mountain road report Sam_0310

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:51 pm

wow today they finished the last part section of the road from LaPaz and should only take them another day to finish the other side they have left.

wow the road from LaPaz to here is better than it ever has been since I have been coming here. This down half of the mountain they also did with what looks like a high quality durable process. The top of the mountain was not done with the same process as I guess it is to difficult to do that without diversion paths where the cars are not in the way of construction.

dean

Back to top Go down