La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do we want our area to end up like this...

Go down

do we want our area to end up like this... Empty Re: do we want our area to end up like this...

Post by dean Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:05 am

ventana view wrote:STOLEN ...For the peoples living in the campground in La Ventana beware that your valuable items are still at risk to be stolen .
My motorcycle was stolen early this morning Thursday the 21 January. They came by the sea in a boat, park it just beside the rocks on the beach in front of campers near the kite school near Playa Central , walk into my shed open it up, took the motorcycle and push it up to the beach at that boat.
This morning i notice that my shed was open and my motorcycle gone. I followed the tracks all the way from my campsite, that is situate between the two baños in the fourth row in the campground to the sea where it’s stop. Abviously there was a boat waiting there and they knew where to find my place !!!

The motorcycle is a black Suzuki model DRZ 400 SM: JS1SK44A982101903 with Quebec licence plate that i presume will no longer . It have big knobby tires in front and back it have a Yoshimura E47 muffler on it and a silver alluminium Rack over the back fender. Lucas

Motorcycle stolen from the campground a few weeks before. and a motorcycle stolen in front of club ceralvo last week.

rumor Car stollen in front of Vella Pizza, but had security system so it turned off.

dean

Back to top Go down

do we want our area to end up like this... Empty Re: do we want our area to end up like this...

Post by dean Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:52 am

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=70810

dean

Back to top Go down

do we want our area to end up like this... Empty report significant burglary

Post by dean Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:31 pm

BWO
Consular General - We were fortunate enough to spend time with our Consular General from Tijuana as well as Benjamin Krueger, the Consular Agent of Los Cabos on the 23rd of April in a town hall meeting at the Hotel California. I was most impressed by his commitment to be an advocate for U.S. Citizens living or traveling in Mexico.

He specifically stated that he wants to hear from us if we have issues while living here. The Consulate would like to be contacted if you have had a significant burglary, been involved in physical abuse or a threat thereof. They need you to report those incidents with the local Ministerial Publico as well. Some people stated that the police did not speak English so it was difficult for them to file a police report. I would like to volunteer my services to translate for you if you need help in that area.

You should also know that if you have a Telcel phone you can call #066 and it rings into the office of the Ministerial Publico - all other phones must dial 145-0198 for the Todos Santos office. You can contact the Los Cabos Consular office via email at caboconsagency@state.gov or by phone at 624-143-3566.

Also during this meeting an extremely good idea came out that I wanted to pass along. A woman recommended that we put a contact and phone number named ICE (In case of emergency) into our cell phones which will ring to your next of kin in case of an emergency. I may put ICE-1 and ICE-2. I think that is an extraordinarily great idea for all of us!!

I want to thank Mr. Erickson and Mr. Krueger for holding the town meeting and reaching out to us as a community. I was quite impressed by their commitment to us. - Kathy Todos Santos

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:46 pm

bpe
My wife and I went to a wedding reception at Rancho Buena Vista yesterday afternoon and our car was broken into. They smashed out the passenger side window and stole y wife's purse with her iphone and passport. This happened around 4 or 5 in the afternoon parked just outside the gate. Oh yeah they also got a crown royal bag full of pesos and her 13" mac book pro. We are heading north on Sunday, we will see if we can figure out how to get out of Mexico without a passport. You just can't be too careful. The car was locked, we have tinted windows, and everything was on the floor. Be careful, take an extra moment to secure your valuables, and
keep your karma fully charged. xoxo Pedro and Susanna from San Bartolo
(Boy, I hate to print events like this but we MUST be careful. As a side note, a couple of years ago our car was broken into, my computer stolen and other valuables. We were at the shopping center in La Jolla, CA)

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:35 am

lpg
>> Hello-
>>
>> My husband and I are visiting La Paz and the surrounding areas for a few weeks, and had a backpack with $3,500 worth of our electronics stolen last week. We were sleeping under a palapa at our friend's place in Pescadero, and the bag was stolen literally 2 inches from our sleeping bodies. Although we filed a police report in Todos Santos, our local friends recommended posting the missing items here, in case anyone comes across them.
>>
>> The bag was a very noticeable Simms waterproof backpack with a roll-down top in orange and grey. The stolen electronics included:
>>
>> - Silver 2012 MacBook Air, 13.3" screen, in a black Thule case
>>
>> - iPhone 4s in a white lifeproof case
>>
>> - Zoom sound and music recorder
>>
>> - Black older model iPod Touch
>>
>> - GoPro Hero 2 + dive housing and LCD screen
>>
>> - Black Panasonic Lumix camera
>>
>> - Solar Joos charger
>>
>> - cords, tripods, straps
>>
>> If anyone sees these items, please contact our friends in La Paz: Joshua Paul Schroeder at jschroeder05@yahoo.com or Brant Warren at brant@ecologyproject.org.
>>
>> Thanks so much for your help.
>>
>> Brianna Randall
>> brianna.randall@gmail.com

Last edited by dean on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

do we want our area to end up like this... Empty do we want our area to end up like this...

Post by dean Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:01 am

If we do not do anything this is what our area is going to end up like.... there have been several break ins in Todos while people were home and Centenario over by LaPaz. Once the word gets around by the thieves in LaPaz that we are easy pickens it will only get worse.

BPE south cape

=============================================

I haven’t been snorkeling there for several years but there was never a charge to snorkel. I found that if you go to the north side where the VERY slippery boat launch ramp is, the snorkeling is wonderful. Be advised, there have been a rash of vehicle break-ins while people are out snorkeling. I would suggest you have one person stay with the vehicle at all times and switch the snorkeling off. Bill W

A friend of mine who is visiting Los Barriles and staying in a home literally three minutes from the police station was burglarized in the night Sat. night. No one was harmed and nothing was taken but my friend awoke to the light of a cell phone to find a man standing over her bed. When she screamed, he fled. This was NOT a forced entry. Sadly, the home owner had failed to lock the house before retiring for the night. PLEASE LOCK UP! Anonymous

dean

Back to top Go down