La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for today,,,

+5
tejana
admin
roxiepool
covertcode
dean
9 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty for today,,,

Post by dean Fri May 28, 2010 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-PlatedCars into Mexico

Post by dean on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

http://yucalandia.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/new-requirements-for-bringing-foreign-plated-cars-into-mexico-banjercito/

New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito
Posted on June 17, 2011 by yucalandia

The Mexican Ministry of Finance and Public Credit has issued a new decree affecting expats bringing foreign plated cars into Mexico: “New Requirements for Bringing Foreign-Plated Cars into Mexico: Banjercito”. From the Banjercito website:

“IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) has issued a decree which states that beginning on June 11th, 2011 anyone applying for a temporary import permit for vehicles must make a deposit in the amount determined by the following table:

Vehicle Year Model:…….Amount to be paid in Mexican Pesos*
2007 and later…….USD $400
2001 until 2006…….USD $300
2000 and earlier…….USD $200

*Peso amounts are based on applicable exchange rate

This deposit is compulsory and can be paid by credit card, debit card, or cash (in US Dollars only).

Users must keep in mind that if the deposit is charged to a credit card, the charge will be made in Mexican Pesos and will be calculated based on the exchange rate of the day on which the payment is made. This deposit will be refunded to the same credit card on the next banking business day after the vehicle is fully returned and based on the exchange rate of that day.

The vehicle must be returned on time and within the time period stated on the temporary import permit. If the vehicle is returned after the stated time period, the entire deposit amount will be transferred to the Office of the Treasury on the day following the expected return date, as allowed by current law.”

Last Item:
Another clause in the new updated regulations requires FM2 Rentista and FM3 holders to notify Aduana within 15 days of when they renew their FM2 or FM3, otherwise Aduana is allowed to confiscate/keep these “new” deposits. Aduana’s address is listed in Yucalandia’s main article on cars in Mexico: “Importing & Driving a Car in Mexico”

This post is meant as a public service announcement (not meant as legal advice), so, we here at Yucandia will keep the post updated with further understandings and clarifications as they develop.

Feel free to copy while giving proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quiet

Post by dean on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 pm
great new product for noisy rooms

http://news.cnet.com/noise-quenching-curtains-open-window-to-quiet/8301-17938_105-20059612-1.html
'Noise quenching' curtains open window to quietPost by dean on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 am
Water, I have tasted it when not brushing my teeth and it is not salty. My meter reads about 1750 ppm which is about 1000 ppm less of what we use to have. But the taste tells me it is it is lower. My meter reads correctly on bottled water about 40ppm so not sure.

bookmark this site/thread as I will add pictures and issues from time to time.

here is a picture of one of the water tanks by the shrimp factory that will have the de-sal water. you will bring your own jugs here to fill up. a real watering hole...

right now they have the de-sal hooked up to the city water, our water is good but not great, 560 ppm disolved solids. I was told by the workers the plant can do 300 cubic meters per day. that is probably about 1/2 our requirements in the summer and 1/3 when everyone is here. I was told another well will be dug for the desal plant. also they ran a three inch line to all these tanks.

here is the tank in progress picture
for today,,,    - Page 16 Water_tank_shrimp_factory-600x337

here is the first structure being built in the campground by a comercial business. note the total area via the orange markers.
for today,,,    - Page 16 Whos_business_in_campground-600x337

second commercial business in the campground. not sure, coffee or taco stand. white building to the right of the gate.
for today,,,    - Page 16 Toco_stand-600x337

the first arroyo to the north of the campground, the new concrete fence with barbwire to stop people from parking there?
for today,,,    - Page 16 Arroyo_fence-600x337

and finally in parting, we had a real cloudy morning here a week or so ago, this is the sunrise...
for today,,,    - Page 16 Fire_in_the_sky-600x337
for today,,,    - Page 16 Sunrise_1-600x337

and lastly here is my suggested air seperation piping to keep water bills low, i have a discussion of it in the water section under building in this forum.
for today,,,    - Page 16 Air_seperation_1v2-600x337

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am; edited 9 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty g20

Post by dean Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:24 am

bpe
G20 is coming! June 14-19. Below is a link to Baja Life Styles, that describes some important road and beach closures secondary to the G 20 conference. No toll road for a week and the beach access from Zippers South will be limited. Looks like lots of slow going traffic. Reading between the lines the Federales will have many roadblocks with scrutiny on vehicle registration, IDs and FM2/3 paperwork. Might be a good time to enjoy sleepy little Los Barriles or even head North to La Paz. Joanna
http://blog.lifestylevillas.net/2012/06/

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty stange year cold this morning

Post by dean Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:34 am

yesterday it was a cool day and cold morning, today also a cold morning 73 degrees.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty sting rays

Post by dean Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:52 pm

this seems to be a year of the sting rays... more than I have ever seen. so watch out getting in and out.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty free basic medical with registration

Post by dean Thu May 24, 2012 9:40 am

FREE MEDICAL SERVICES: The President of Mexico ordered that a new free medical service system be implemented and it was, the system is called "SEGURO POPULAR" which provides doctor consultation and services, hospitalization and medicine for free to each and every person residing in Mexico including foreigners who are residing in Mexico at any CENTRO DE SALUD. This FREE service is available to all foreigners, to acquire it one must present passport, CURP ID card and proof of domicile (electrical or water bill with one`s name on it), it is not necessary to show the "NO INMIGRATE, INMIGRANTE OR INMIGRADO" Permit issued by immigration or CARTA DE NATURALIZACION; for foreigners who do not have a property there is a 100 pesos charge.
To register one must go to the registration center (CENTRO DE AFILICACIÒN) in La Paz, said center is located on the blv. where the Municipal palace (Palacio Municipal) is located and more precisly in front of the VELODROMO.
Property taxes, each year municipalities in Baja California Sur provide a discount during a certain period, if one pays during that period and gets the discount one can not ask an additional discount because of age. In other words, if one is older than 60 and has the ID card from the Instituto Nacional de los Personas Adultas Mayores (INAPAM formally called INSEN) one can get the 50% discount applied only on the full amount of the property taxes NOT on the reduced amount during the discount period.
For any further information feel free to contact LIC. J.E. BEAULNE, Lawyer, can-am-mex-law-firm@hotmail.com EDDY Cel: 011 52 1 (612) 348-9793

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty bulk food place in cabo easy to get to

Post by dean Thu May 24, 2012 7:38 am

there is a restaurant food supply warehouse that sells to the public in Cabo. no membership required... Basically only bulk sizes. same prices as COSTCO and same quality if not slightly better. Now that the road is basically finished from todos it is real simple.

their name is Valle Hnos. they are about 1/4 mile north of the auto zone, sorrienas on the same side of the road. It is hard to spot them, they have a guard entrance so you park on side of the road right after the guard gate. a light colored block wall/fence. the receipt says KM 4.5 for the address.

As I said all items are bulk. And all items are brand names from USA. no fresh foods. I split a ham with a friend and it is great and the price is what you would pay in the USA. The cheeses from american, mozzarella, brie, sour cream, butter at american US prices 1 lb USD$2.40 , they have all the flours in 50lb bags, wheat, high gluton and so on.... and any more were all great prices and same price as COSTCO. In the refridgerated secon they also have bulk raisins, chocolate chips, and because these boxes are so large they break them down in 1-2kilo zip locks. The meats were all deli meats, and all american brands and my estimate about half the cost of the grocery stores in LaPaz, but you have to buy bulk.. There was another refrigerated section I did not go into, that may have had frozen items, I will check next time. They also have a dented can section that is discounted 20-50%, I bought a dented gallon can of extra virgin olive oil for USD$8.00

They also have a assistant help you the entire time.

We stopped there first picked out our items then went to COSTCO. I had them put our bill together and picked up the items on the way back so the cold items would not be sitting in the vehicle at COSTCO. they did warn us that they close by 4pm.

they prefer US dollars and it is a good exchange rate, because they are buying from the USA so they do not have to lose in the conversion.

Last edited by dean on Fri May 25, 2012 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty todos to cabo road complete...

Post by dean Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 pm

The todos Santos road to Cabo is now basically finished, there is one bridge being completed near todos santos with a nice paved by-pass and one area where they are shifting you to one lane for 500 yards that is done but they are all paved. From the gas station in LosPlanes it took 2 hours to get to Cabo....

and so safe and not stressful at all...

then another 15 minutes to Costco.

So still faster to the airport via the Barriles way by 15 minutes. but if making a Costco run the todos way is much faster and safer.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty break in attempt..

Post by dean Sat May 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Another attempted break-in, Friday night. My neighbor to the north’s alarm went off, I went to his front gate that was locked and could not see anything. It was found the door lock was broken and the thief left without getting anything. This person came by beach from the campground, and left heading north. I assume the person lives north at another exit point north is why they would have run that way. Alarm saves the day…. Don’t leave home without one…

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty oscaritos update

Post by dean Sat May 19, 2012 9:40 am

construction update, oscaritos has knocked down the walls to the east to double the size of the store. when I was last in there last week only 1/3 of it had a poured floor.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty Re: for today,,,

Post by dean Fri May 18, 2012 10:17 pm

bpe
The U.S. Consular Agency in Los Cabos is pleased to announce that we will be open to the public by appointment from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on May 30, 31 and June 1 to process applications for U.S. passports and consular reports of birth abroad, and to provide notarial services. A consular officer from the U.S. Consulate General in Tijuana will be present to provide these services. If you would like to make an appointment, please call 624-143-3566. The U.S. Consular Agency continues to provide daily assistance to U.S. citizens who require emergency services.
The Consular Agency is currently unable to provide routine passport and notarial services outside of these dates, but will announce future opportunities as they arise. In the interim, please call 624-143-3566 with questions or to add your name to the waiting list.
The Consular Agency is located at:
Tiendas de Palmilla, Carretera Transpeninsular Km 27.5
Local B221, San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, C.P. 23406
Telephone: (624) 143-3566
Fax: (624) 143-6750
Email: USConsulCabo@yahoo.com
In case of an after-hours emergency involving U.S. citizens, please contact the Duty Officer at the U.S. Consulate general in Tijuana. From Mexico dial 001 (619) 692-2154, from the U.S., call (619) 692-2154.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty no school, we went riding today

Post by dean Tue May 15, 2012 2:01 pm

for today,,,    - Page 16 P1020010

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty update on online storage

Post by dean Sun May 13, 2012 8:48 pm

I decided to use sugarsync and I find it is the easiest for novices and us not so novices to use. Because you can use the standard file folders. this is a huge advantage they have, my guess is they have a patent on it is why the others do not do it. If so buy stock in them because they will be bought out in time...

if you do decide to use it please use this link, you still get your free 5 gig, but I get a free half a gig extra. After now using all of them, I like sugarSync the best because it sycs to the native file folders.......

https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=cdghackmv5axp&utm_source=website&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=referral&shareEvent=267101

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty here is what my newest magWare Handle will look like

Post by dean Sun May 13, 2012 3:03 pm

This is the new product I am working on..... This new one will work on cast Iron pans. It is also universal that fits most small and medium sized pans... and yes the spatula does lock onto the handle.. these will be about $23.00 for a set of two handles and 3 stirring utensils.

www.magnetWareProducts.com

for today,,,    - Page 16 So_Cool_2v2.119165033_std

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty trick to get to scorpian bay all paved....

Post by dean Fri May 11, 2012 5:01 pm

baja nomad..

Remember to turn towards Las Barrancas to use the new paved highway to San Juanico...

Jaun del Rio posted this photo advertising the new highway route, in 2008:

for today,,,    - Page 16 P1000485_JPGX

for today,,,    - Page 16 JuanicoHwyRte

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty solar plant in Tecate will be largest in world

Post by dean Fri May 11, 2012 4:25 pm

http://www.solarpowerworldonline.com/2012/03/solfocus-builds-first-50-mw-solar-power-plant-in-baja-california/
SolFocus joined with Mexican land and real estate developer Grupo Musa and U.S.-based energy developer Synergy Technologies LLC to announce the launch of a landmark solar power plant in Baja California near Tecate, Mexico.

The project, planned as a 450 MW total capacity, will be built in 50 MW tranches, with construction on the first tranche starting in late 2012 and being operational before the end of 2013. The power plant, which will use SolFocus Concentrator Photovoltaic (CPV) equipment, will be owned and operated by SolMex Energy S.A. de C.V., the new company formed by Grupo Musa and Synergy Technologies for the production of clean solar energy in Mexico.

good information about baja...
http://www.desline.com/articoli/8924.pdf
Renewable energy powered desalination in
Baja California Sur, Mexico[quote]

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty reported shooting in LaPaz at restaurant

Post by dean Fri May 11, 2012 7:40 am

LPG
La Paz, BCS-The Attorney General of the State reports that the 16: 15 hours
was advised by telephone that the Bismarksito restaurant, located on Avenida
AlvaroObregon of this city was a person who had been shot by which
immediately moved to the scene the Public Prosecutor specializing in voluntary
manslaughter and Research Experts and elements who initiated the investigations
and crime scene resguardaron.

The lawyer Gamill Arreola Leal, Attorney General in the state announced this
and said the person was identified as Jose Machado Quinonez, 53-year-old
native of Los Mochis occupation farmer on the farm of the delegation's
Pimientilla of Plans, in the municipality of La Paz.

La Paz, B.C.S.- La Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado a informa
que las 16: 15 horas fue avisado vía telefónica de que en el restaurante
Bismarksito, ubicado en la avenida Álvaro Obregón de esta ciudad se
encontraba una persona que había sido baleada, por lo que de inmediato se
trasladaron al lugar de los hechos el Agente del Ministerio Público
especializado en Homicidios Dolosos, así como Peritos y Elementos de
Investigación quienes iniciaron las investigaciones correspondientes y
resguardaron la escena del crimen.

El licenciado Gamill Arreola Leal, Procurador de Justicia en el estado dio
a conocer lo anterior y sostuvo que la persona fue identificada como José
Machado Quiñonez, de 53 años de edad, originario de Los Mochis de ocupación
agricultor en el rancho La Pimientilla de la delegación de Los Planes, en
el municipio de La Paz.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty fresh eggs

Post by dean Mon May 07, 2012 8:40 am

Hola- It's hard to justify delivering eggs anywhere at 35p/doz but I work in Los Barriles so I'm going anyway. ... They are here if you ever get up this way. We are at km 144.5 between San Antonio and San Bartolo. It's 30 minutes from LV. Bob

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty fog bank

Post by dean Mon May 07, 2012 8:38 am

for today,,,    - Page 16 P1010911
for today,,,    - Page 16 P1010911

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty tope has arrived...

Post by dean Tue May 01, 2012 6:47 am

we have our first new tope, if you want to see a picture feel free to ask and I will take a picture and post it.

we now have 3 topes...

Last edited by dean on Sun May 13, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty back up your computer critical files online

Post by dean Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:39 am

These are great free services, and recent entries to the market of microsoft and google should tell you something. I have been using box.net for years and find it so valuable. But I have to say their free service is nothing compared to the benefits to Microsoft's free skydrive or googles free new as of Tuesday google drive.

These are great for a small business. Great for a traveler and just ideal for everyone. You have access to most if not all your information anywhere in the world. And it is the ideal backup because it will always keep you most recent changes online. So if you have a computer/hard drive crash all your important information is still recoverable.

This is password protected but remember you should always have a strong password. People that do not use special characters in their password should not be doing this. just add a $,!,%,^, use the same one before and after your password and it will be infinitely more secure.

The way these work is when you download the program (did I say it is free) for 5 and 7 gig again only your data is stored. Not your programs so you will not need this much unless you are a camera junkie who shoots in high resolution. Microsoft offers about the best deal for $10 a year 20GB a lot more space. So you download their program and it will install a folder on your computer. Then you move into that folder the documents you want online and it will always sync them. VERY IMPORTANT you can choose public or private. In general you will always put things in private. If you want to share them to the world put them in public.

Also with Microsoft they have a feature that allowed you to make or edit word, excel and so on documents.

I had been using box.net for years but will not because these other features put box to shame. these newer services are truly the so called cloud in action. I keep copies of nearly everything I am working on there including copies of passports credit card company phone numbers in case of loss of card, bank phone numbers, copies of travel reservations/tickets and so on. If you remember your password you can retrieve anyplace in the world. But do remember if you ever use a unsecured computer in a cafe I STRONGLY urge you to change your password when you get to a secure computer later.

And yes these will be accessible by smartphones. (phone operating system dependent).

There is one other system worth noting sugarSync, it syncs any folder on the PC so you do not need to make a new directory.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/254411/google_drive_vs_the_rest.html#tk.nl_dnx_t_crawl

www.skydrive.com
https://drive.google.com/start

After now using all of them, I like sugarSync the best because it sycs to the native file folders....... if you click the following link I get 500meg free for referral. you still get 5 gig for free.

https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=cdghackmv5axp&utm_source=website&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=referral&shareEvent=267101

Last edited by dean on Sun May 13, 2012 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty lpg LaPaz

Post by dean Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:59 am

Hey Gringos! It's Nacho. I'm a gringo too and I have 3 cars that's need to rent to keep me and the wife down here till September so we want to rent or sell these great running vehicles. I have a ford explorer that seats 6, 4x4 to go anywhere you wanna go for $30 a day... A Mazda mpv that seats 7 v6 for mega Costco runs to cabo for $40.... And a cool stylish '84 Volvo wich is the most smooth of them all for $25 a day. All are fully covered for any age gringo with a valid drivers license. Call me if you want to know the prices to buy too. I am an easy going gringo so not to worry about paperwork 'n stuff, on your honor kinda thing. Call me up. 612 1037100 or email @ himynameisnacho@gmail.com

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty MX Fishing Lic - Now Purchase Online

Post by dean Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:55 am

LPG

FYI - MX Fishing Lic - Now Purchase Online

http://e5cinco.conapesca.gob.mx/

Rights payment system "e5cinco"

You can now perform the procedure on rights of services and use via
electronic payments associated with authorizations, concessions or
permissions for fisheries and aquaculture through the Internet.

From February 24, 2012, the payment of duties, products and exploitation may
be with Credit card at branches and the Bank BANAMEX portal.

Pesca Deportiva

Practica la pesca deportiva, de forma libre y responsable, obtén el permiso
de pesca individual desde $553.00 anuales.

Obtener Permiso

Warren

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty Wind turbine to harvest energy and water from desert air

Post by dean Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:49 am

http://www.gizmag.com/eolewater-wind-turbine-energy-water-desert/22204/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=8560a549e2-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email

Wind turbine to harvest energy and water from desert air
We've all seen ice cold glasses and bottles dripping with condensation after cooling water vapor in the air, and though grabbing water out of thin air is not new, it took French inventor and Eolewater founder Marc Parent's umpteenth emptying of his air conditioner's condensate to envision harvesting atmospheric moisture on a commercial scale using wind turbines. After years of designs and prototypes, his proof-of-concept device, essentially a wind-powered refrigeration/condensation/filtration unit, was put in operation in the dry desert air of Abu Dhabi last October where it's been reliably extracting 130-200 gal (approx. 500-800L) of clean, fresh water a day ever since.

for today,,,    - Page 16 Eole

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty this better pan out...

Post by dean Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:49 am

I have a new project/invention... if anyone wants these I can bring them down next trip...

http://www.fundageek.com/project/detail/461/Magnetic-Spoon-Rest

for today,,,    - Page 16 Pan_set.97211824_large

for today,,,    - Page 16 Our_rest_above_the_rest.92130232_large

order them click here

and my website is www.magnetWareProducts.com but you need to order at fundageek right now.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty Spider or Scorpion?

Post by dean Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:27 am

http://bajagoodlife.com/2012/04/11/spider-or-scorpion/
Dr. Davidson, Research Professor, School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University
First, it isn’t a spider, it’s a Solpugid or windscorpion. Ours locally (Arizona) don’t have such long legs, but otherwise look much the same. They are NOT poisonous, although according to the Werner and Olson book (Insects of the Southwest, very useful!), they are sometimes called “deer killers”—old Spanish superstition. The reason it looks like it has 10 legs is the first pair are really modified pedipalps that do not have claws in this group but are used for gripping walls.
for today,,,    - Page 16 Windscorpion-2

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty earthquare markers for 2011

Post by dean Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:15 am

http://www2.ssn.unam.mx/website/jsp/sismicidad_2011.jsp

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty real current events

Post by dean Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:12 am

http://www.tvkim.com/watch/1898/kims-picks-nasas-perpetual-ocean

https://youtu.be/WEe1bVjORN4

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty Beach disapears in Los Fariles 200 meters

Post by dean Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XagHriEJ2FU
for today,,,    - Page 16 BajaBeachGone4412

http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blogs/stretch-of-sand-beach-disappears-at-los-frailes-baja-california
Stretch of sand/beach disappears at Los Frailes, Baja California Sur- MEXICO 2012-04-04

"Sunday morning (March 26) the beach in Los Frailes disappeared --- lost forever were 200 meters of beachfront by 100 meters deep. The red line is where the beach was the day before. The angler that emailed the photo in said the beach disappeared very quickly and is now a steep bank that appears to still be slowly eroding."

for today,,,    - Page 16 DesaparecetramoplayaLos1465567
for today,,,    - Page 16 2momentosenquedesapareceplayalosfrailesfor today,,,    - Page 16 PlayaFrailes01

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty Types of Foreign Assets and Whether They are Reportable

Post by dean Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:14 am

I think this definitively concludes the debate about reporting a fideicomiso.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/article/0,,id=255986,00.html
Types of Foreign Assets and Whether They are Reportable

Foreign financial account for which you have signature authority

No, unless you otherwise have an interest in the account as described above

Foreign real estate held directly

No

No

Foreign real estate held through a foreign entity

No, but the foreign entity itself is a specified foreign financial asset and its maximum value includes the value of the real estate

No

Last edited by dean on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:26 am

bpe
This is a big thank you to the Green Angels who helped to rescue a neighbor whose car broke down on the highway. The way to contact the Green Angels is by dialing 074. When I did that I was connected to someone in Cuernavaca who did not know our local area. The highway number and kilometer number are the important things to know. I was connected to a person who spoke perfect English and the truck was there within an hour. Everyone should plug this number into their cell phone because you never know when you might need it. Jill

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:21 am

bwo
Message For U. S. Citizens: Temporary Services At Consular Agency Los Cabos - The U.S. Consular Agency in Los Cabos is pleased to announce that we will be open to the public by appointment on April 10, 11, and 12 to process applications for U.S. passports and consular reports of birth abroad, and to provide notarial services. A consular officer from the U.S. Consulate General in Tijuana will be present to provide these services. If you would like to make an appointment, please call 624-143-3566. The U.S. Consular Agency continues to provide daily assistance to U.S. citizens who require emergency services.

In addition, a town hall meeting for U.S. citizens will be held on April 10, at 6:00 p.m. at the Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort on Carretera Transpeninsular. Mr. Bill Whitaker, Chief of American Citizens Services at the U.S. Consulate General in Tijuana will address issues of interest to the American community. He will also discuss the roles of both the Consular Agency and the Consulate. The Consular Agency is currently unable to provide routine passport and notarial services outside of these dates, but will announce future opportunities as they arise. In the interim, please call 624-143-3566 with questions or to add your name to the waiting list.

The Consular Agency is located at: Tiendas de Palmilla, Carretera Transpeninsular Km 27.5; Local B221, San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, C.P. 23406 - Trina Brown, USConsulCabo@yahoo.com, 624-143-3566

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty Todos Santos Bypass Road

Post by dean Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:19 am

bwo

Todos Santos Bypass Road - Work on the road that will bypass Todos Santos has begun! You can see the big cut up into the hills from the military check point north of town. It will run very close to Barrio Nuevo San Juan. I have been told that it will come out near the first bridge that they are working on on the road to Cabo. Yea!

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty one wheel car 1930

Post by dean Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:56 am

http://www.tvkim.com/watch/1867/kims-picks-the-one-wheeled-car

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty cost of living estimates in Mexico

Post by dean Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:40 am

here is a good forum that has a good cost of living in Mexico discussion.
http://lakechapalainfo.bigforumpro.com/t23-here-are-some-cost-of-living-estimates

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty ensenada, new road

Post by dean Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:43 am

Road report 2, a way to get around some of the nightmare congestion in Ensenada…. I just drove the baja on a motorcycle. On a motorcycle to me I have better visibility and maneuverability in congested driving areas.. So I try new and different ways because it is painless to change route or backtrack if you do not like what you have entered. I did this in Ensenada going south not liking the main road. I continued on the malicon road much farther than I had in many years. Well they just opened a new malicon section that was great just keep on the water heading south and you will not be in the mad 8 lanes of traffic to the Wal-Mart area. I went to the last big sign that said to Buffador to the left. This puts you on the main road 1 heading south right before the Wal-Mart/ the waldos $1.00 store, so you just have a few lights. I did notice that just to the south before the Wal-Mart (could have been at the north side of the military base) there was a road many vehicles were turning there heading towards the water so that road may be a way all the way around the Wal-Mart section too. Only one caution right now on this malicon road there were no stop signs yet but at the major spots people were stopping like there was a stop sign. this will save you time and is a much more scenic less stressful route. They made a very nice malicon section there where it would be a nice place to just stop and eat your lunch and enjoy if you wanted a nice break. Plenty of parking. dean

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty why doesn't ford make this 71 mpg vehicle for north america?

Post by dean Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:19 am

http://www.gizmag.com/ford-fiesta-econetic-technology/21943/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=fdb32d0489-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email
Ford’s most fuel efficient passenger car ever
With the cost of fuel hitting family budgets harder and harder, Ford of Europe has commenced production of its most fuel efficient (and lowest CO2 emissions) passenger car ever. The company’s new Fiesta ECOnetic Technology is powered by a 1.6-liter Duratorq TDCi diesel engine providing 205 Nm of torque that offers fuel economy figures of 3.3 l/100 km (71 mpg US / 86 mpg UK) with CO2 emissions of 87 g/km

says it is only 350 million to build a new plant here.... who wouldn't want a 71 mpg car if it is reasonable in price?

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty road report and plane report

Post by dean Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:11 am

just flew up to TJ. the bus run by Volaris at the airport worked great. As soon as you get to the baggage area go the greyhound/currrio?sp) window for the bus. buy your ticket show your ticket for the discount, and then get your baggage, you do not have much time, get your luggage to to the right after existing and walk about 100 yards do not delay they leave almost right away. It was a van and they take you to the bus drive up special crossing "expidited" border crossing. As you cross exist the immigration door where all do and right away go to the left, there will be a bus there. The bus was about the nastiest bus I have ever been on but for $16.00 to get me with two stops to Oceanside CA who cares. The bus stopped for 5 minutes in San Diego at the greyhound station. So make sure you use the rest room at the airport before you start the bus trip, and do this before you get your luggage... This bus also goes to LA and all the way to Sacramento. If you wanted to get to amtrack or sprinter or the airport you can get a local bus at SD greyhound area or walk a block or two.

just drove the baja road south, road was great, almost all the construction just south of Ensenada is finished, they were putting in a second layer in just a few last portions when I drove it, there was no stop and no off road excursions. As you get closer to Guerrero Negro there was only a 200 yard brief construction that you had to get off the road, it was well marked and not bad on a scale for trailers or RVs. And in Santa Rosalia the downtown is about to be repaved but you are going slow there anyway. and just south of Santa Rosalia is still under construction. They are building a a jetty apparently for off loading what ever that new surface mine is producing.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty otay mesa pedestrian ready lane now open

Post by dean Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Pedestrian Ready Lane
Now Open!

The Pedestrian Ready Lane is now open in Otay Mesa. Similar to the existing vehicle Ready Lanes, any traveler with an approved document that has Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology can use the lane for a faster border crossing.
The pedestrian Ready Lane operates from 4 a.m. until 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Documents that may be used in the Ready Lane are: the U.S. passport card, Trusted Traveler cards (SENTRI/ FAST/Global Entry) and the newer versions of the legal permanent resident and laser visa/border crossing cards issued after 2008. All travelers over 16 years of age must possess an RFID-enabled card to use the lane.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty man flies new sport for la ventana

Post by dean Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 pm

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/03/human-bird-wings/

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty formal G20 meeting is june

Post by dean Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:31 pm

g20 is in June.
http://g20mexico.org/en/news-room/press-releases/298-concluye-visita-a-naciones-unidas-del-representante-especial-de-mexico-para-el-g20

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty Secretary Clinton: Travel to Mexico

Post by dean Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:26 pm

http://www.state.gov/secretary/trvl/2012/184007.htm
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton visited Mexico to participate in the first G-20 Ministers of Foreign Affairs informal meeting in Los Cabos, February 18-20.

The Secretary discussed key issues the United States and other G-20 members face individually and as partners on global economic matters including principles for the international economic system, green growth and sustainable development, food security, and human development. Secretary Clinton also held meetings with counterparts to discuss bilateral issues, and signed the U.S.-Mexico Transboundary Hydrocarbons Agreement.

The United States and G-20 partners share many opportunities and challenges and work collaboratively on a wide range of issues. This visit provided an opportunity to reinforce close relations among nations and to identify common objectives and strategies to address global challenges and ensure global prosperity.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:11 am

FROM BAJA PONY EXPRESS:
The Secretary of Tourism in Baja California Sur has started their English Facebook page with everything that one needs to know about this beautiful state. The page has all kinds of helpful and great information on upcoming events, different attractions around the state and much more. Don’t hesitate, and take a look. Let’s help support our state by liking their facebook page. You can also follow them on
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Visit-Baja-Sur/181690668576377
Twitter- TravelBajaSur
Thank you so much, Secretary of Tourism, La Paz BCS

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty bwo

Post by dean Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:07 am

New Site For Finding Lowest Airfares - ITA Software is offering "Matrix Airfare Search," matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm, a site that will locate and display the lowest airfares over an entire month across most airlines on a single calendar page. It's easy to use, and (currently) free of advertising. I was able to locate a round-trip flight between San Jose Del Cabo and Sacramento on April 27 for $497. Fares on other dates ranged as high as $931. Searching for a round trip from La Paz to Sacramento revealed fares from $647 to $885.

A few airlines seem to be missing, and I was unable to locate some Mexican carriers such as Volaris and InterJet. Also, SouthWest was missing. It's possible some discount airlines don't participate in the database used by ITA Software to generate their results, although JetBlue was listed. You may still need to go to other sites to get schedules for the missing airlines. Hopefully, this will change.

ITA also offers a mobile app for airline shopping, OnTheFly, available for download on iPhone and Android, or go to bbmatrix.itasoftware.com for BlackBerry. Note: Tickets cannot be purchased directly from this site. If you find a fare you like, you can give the information to your travel agent or airline to make a booking. -

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty bwo

Post by dean Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:05 am

US State Department Recognizes Safety Of La Paz And South Baja - (Courtesy PR Newswire) For the first time, new travel notices for Mexico specifically separate La Paz and other regions, confirming it as one of the safest cities in North America. In a significant move that recognizes the safety of La Paz and Baja California Sur, the U.S. State Department's latest 2012 travel update states no security concerns for the region. For the first time, the regular update includes "no advisory" in effect for La Paz and the entire South Baja region. The move reaffirms the reputation of La Paz as the city of peace and abundance on the Sea of Cortez, and one of the safest places in the world to live in and visit.

Read the full press release here: www.marketwatch.com/story/us-state-department-recognizes-safety-of-la-paz-and-south-baja-2012-03-13. Contact: U.S Paolucci Communication Arts, Public Relations, 1-310-791-2755, MX EMPRHOTUR +52 612 125 6844. La Paz website: www.golapaz.com/. Copyright © 2012 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Everyone should check their computer with the following site. http://dns-ok.us/ if it comes up green you are fine. If red you will need to follow the directions. You should do this before the 8th. This is the date this malware activates. There may be some significant slowdowns on that day as the FBI tries to shut down some servers when they activate with this infection. dean@la-ventana.com

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/malware_110911/DNS-changer-malware.pdf
http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/2682/malware/dnschanger-and-legal-consequences-of-operation-ghost-click.html

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 pm

BPE
Presentation By U.S. Consulate General - Courtesy Baja Pony Express - Last week the Rotary Club of Los Barriles Cabo Este hosted the U.S. Consulate General's office. Sarah Smith the Deputy Chief of American Citizens U.S. Consulate General office Tijuana addressed how her office can help American Citizens. If you missed this presentation you can see a video replay of it on our website: www.losbarrilesrotaryclub.org.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty Pedestrian Ready Lane is now open in Otay Mesa

Post by dean Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:04 pm

otay mesa chamber of commerce
Pedestrian Ready Lane
Now Open!

The Pedestrian Ready Lane is now open in Otay Mesa. Similar to the existing vehicle Ready Lanes, any traveler with an approved document that has Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology can use the lane for a faster border crossing.
The pedestrian Ready Lane operates from 4 a.m. until 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Documents that may be used in the Ready Lane are: the U.S. passport card, Trusted Traveler cards (SENTRI/ FAST/Global Entry) and the newer versions of the legal permanent resident and laser visa/border crossing cards issued after 2008. All travelers over 16 years of age must possess an RFID-enabled card to use the lane.

We are excited to announce that CALTRANS is planning the development of the next phase of State Route-905, which includes a major connection from State Route-905 to Enrico Fermi.

The 805/905 intersection improvements were recently completed.
We are now very much looking forward to the opening of the full freeway from the Otay Mesa Port of Entry to the 805 this fall and the beginning of construction for the 905/Enrico Fermi connection in 2013.
http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist11/facts/905_1B_ARRA.pdf

http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist11/facts/905.pdf

and here is the proposed road east of otay mesa for trucks to make the present otay mesa crossing not as congested.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist11/facts/11_OtayEast.pdf
http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist11/facts/11_OtayEast.pdf

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty some amazing pics

Post by dean Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:59 am

http://www.dumage.com/amazing-photo-moments/#553345

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty not to far from here....

Post by dean Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:58 am

bwo
Heirloom Tomatoes - Yumm!! I just bought organic yellow and red heirloom tomatoes and organic hawaiian papayas at the roadside stand at Rancho Buena Suerte on the highway to La Paz. You have probbly seen it on the west side of the road, maybe 15 miles north of Todos Santos. They have big yellow flags out this year but if you're not looking for it, you can go zooming past it. nancy

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty my new product to fix the world

Post by dean Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:27 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/430895368/i-voltmeter

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty new sock for running and widsurfing protect feet with kevlar

Post by dean Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:35 am

http://www.gizmag.com/furry-sock-shoes/21397/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=9b00274451-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email

The socks get their claims of toughness from a blend of 50 percent Kevlar (that's the stuff they make bulletproof jackets out of), 32 percent polyester, 10 percent cotton and 8 percent Spandex. The soles are laminated with naps of PVC that Swiss Barefoot says makes them cut-resistant.

Interestingly, Swiss Barefoot doesn't just see these as useful for walking around your garden or getting the paper in the morning. In its video and photos, the company depicts all types of activities, including running, rock climbing and water sports.

The socks sell for 55 euro (US$73) for the short version and 59 euro ($78) for the longs. Take a look at the video below for a little more information, and footage of people using their Protection Socks.
for today,,,    - Page 16 Swissprotectionsocks

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 16 Empty funny

Post by dean Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:38 am

This is too funny so I have to share it with ya, seems like a Abbott and Costello act. Who’s on first?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9066337/CCTV-police-officer-chased-himself-after-being-mistaken-for-burglar.html
CCTV police officer 'chased himself' after being mistaken for burglar
An undercover police officer "chased himself round the streets" for 20 minutes after a CCTV operator mistook him for suspect.

dean

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next