La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for today,,,

+3
blackwolf
karen
Mesquite
7 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

for today,,,    - Page 7 Empty for today,,,

Post by dean Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 am

First topic message reminder :

from facebook:
The Servicio Meteorológico Nacional in Mexico is forecasting a slightly above average hurricane season with 17 named storms, 9 of those becoming hurricanes, and 4 of those hurricanes becoming major storms of Category 3 or higher.

for today,,,    - Page 7 Captur14

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 7 Empty Re: for today,,,

Post by dean Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:22 am

there is a new painted sign on Juan Ramons building, National Car rental. is it an ad or are they going to rent cars now?

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:17 pm

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/ng-adventure/150403-baja-canyons-coasts

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:53 am

light drizzle again this morning. 7am.

sprinkled for a few hours real light. most rain in a long time but really little. Maybe 1/8 of an inch. and cloudy and overcast all day.

The other day on the road over the mountain it was raining where I had to turn on windshield wipers. at the top where it was paved, and coming down on our side where it is not paved just a light drizzle for half the way down. I am sure that was good for the dirt compacting. No runoff but it was getting damp .

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:17 am

a very light rain/sprinkle in the evening, all surfaces are a bit more than damp, and a little , and mean little pubble run off.. not really measurable in the buckets sitting out and so no worries of mosquito hazards created.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:22 am

the road construction on the mountain is proceeding, they are ripping up the bad parts near the top of our climb of the mountain now. they only have about 1 miles of the bad part left. No additional final paving has been started.

Very humid last night and today, tropical storm Frank is to be a hurricane in the next couple days, the bad news is it is not heading out to Hawaii like the other have, it is coming to the familiar path closer to baja.

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t524-weather-maps

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:59 pm

went to costco, amazing how much big time construction on the major road on the beach side from San Jose to Costo area, counted about 7-9 major developments with huge cranes in action. Never seen so much construction going on at once down there.

The road is paved from Los Planes till about 1 mile before our turn off.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:30 am

some raindrops from one of the two tropical storms... Well Blass is a hurricane as of today i think. not coming our way.

no major additional paving as of last weekend, though could see some markers being inserted that will guide the paving truck in the center of the road.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:59 am

the road paving construction on the mountain road seems to go at least all the way into Los Planes to where it has the divider and street lights.

They actually paved a section yesterday between the T intersection to San Antonio towards Los Planes about half a mile. It was not paved in the morning when I went to Santiago waterfall (the kids did not have school) and when I returned about 7pm it was paved. No other paving has occurred in a month just road prep. So maybe they are entering road pave mode.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:55 am

nice credit card international rate converter... will be under money exchange in the forum for future use.

https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:23 am

perfect morning, we are not getting the airflow from the mainland so humidity is not high.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 7 Empty 2-FOR-1 Till the Beer Bottles & Barrels Run Dry!

Post by Mesquite Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:22 am

TODAY, tomorrow and Sunday are the last opportunities of the season to enjoy Bar El Minero's house-made sausages, mesquite-grilled seafood paella and more. Take advantage of this great 2-FOR-1 beer special. See you on the shaded terrace this weekend, 11am to 6:30pm. Closed July, August & September. Bar El Minero Website Tel: (+52 1) 612-176-3939, Email: info@info@barelminero.com, WhatsApp: (+52 1) 612-194-2093, Facebook Page.

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:30 am

still humid as heck... but seems like it is decreasing...  

noon update: not as hot and we are getting some very light raindrops.

for today,,,    - Page 7 13502511

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 am

that tropical depression is making the airflow come from the mainland so super humid yesterday and today.     Still not as bad as last year can tolerate it with a fan during the day and last night had to use the AC.

it is so humid it is unreal, like being in florida in the summer... power just went off for 5 minutes.... got to test my power back up system, worked great, just for computer.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:57 am

Here is a picture as you get on the road to LaPaz as you get past the T intersection.     and one up the mountain.   About 2/3 of the hill on our side is like this, it is easy to drive on this.     And as I mentioned at the top of the mountain they have paved from the eagle rock about 3 miles of the real curvy sections.    So nice up there.   I have not gone the los Planes direction to see how far they have progressed there.

for today,,,    - Page 7 Sam_0311

you can see a section they have not dug up near the top, about 1 miles. i assume they will be doing that section as it is now really bad with pot holes.

for today,,,    - Page 7 Sam_0310

Last edited by dean on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mesquite Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:24 am

Celebrate Father's Day this Sunday at Bar El Minero with delicious meatballs and a 2 for 1 special on all beers! Chef Felipe will also serve up our traditional house-made sausages, mesquite-grilled seafood paella and more. See you on the shaded terrace in El Triunfo. Reservations recommended. Email:info@barelminero.com. Tel: 612-176-3939. Website: barelminero.com.

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:19 pm

I took some pictures of the mountain road construction today. The dirt road was actually real nice no off- side road driving. It appears they are letting us drive on it to pack it? and or they will do a massive paving at one time of 7 or so miles and counting. I will post the pictures soon.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:00 am

FYI montana will not allow us to register vehicles there unless you have a address or declare yourself homeless in person.    

South Dakota has on their books that you can.

also have not been using the AC much lately. Turned it on for about 4 hours in the evening. Slept with just a fan and day was real nice too. So far only a handful of days have I needed the AC. Vs last year everyday and night in the summer.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:04 pm

the roadwork is now towards Los Planes (do not know how far) continued,  to about half way to 2/3 up the mountain.  They finished the 5 mile section as I noted before from the top eagle on.    and another 1 mile stretch that was bad.    They had been working on several section and looked like they were ready to pave and all the sudden now the entire section up to 2/3rds  is in process now.    

I am guessing Sat and specially Sunday are the only times to be on the road else you have a lot of work being done is my guess.

nice this morning and humid this afternoon, turned the AC on at 3pm where the last few weeks did not use it till sleep time and several nights did not need it.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:00 pm

there is our first tropical depression way south.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:36 am

very very encouraging results on my concept of a one way static trap. I am able to allow new born mosquitoes to go past the trap one way, and they can not exet the return way. 100% on two types of traps so far. still need a few more days of testing to see if they get smarter over time. Next I have to try this on mosquitoes that are resting during the day and night. and mosquitoes who have blood and may be a bit larger looking for water.

So I need more containers 1 gallon clear like i have pictured. anyone have some I can have?

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t902-new-trap-method-for-mossy-for-septic-or-static-lv

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:33 am

soo nice, I needed to put a jacket on this morning.    Appears we received about 1/8 of an inch of rain at my location overnight.

9pm seems we have a low pressure way down south with 70% forecast to be a storm.  No idea which way it would go.

I have some mosquitoes finally hatching from my turtle water.... First one today. He made it through a tough trap, i am impressed. the big question is can he make it out? I post the details of my testing in my mosquito section.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue May 31, 2016 7:24 am

we had maybe 1/16 of an inch of rain last night.  Was a great lightning show to the east.

right now a very low volume drizzle. 11pm.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu May 26, 2016 6:44 am

several drops of rain, overcast... very nice...

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue May 17, 2016 7:40 am

ohhhh so nice we had a cool breeze that started last night at about 7pm... perfect cool morning.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon May 16, 2016 4:28 pm

NOAA NWS National Hurricane Center
Page Liked · Yesterday ·

Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside - to our friendly Facebook page for the start of another eastern North Pacific hurricane season! Here you'll find regular updates on what's going on in the tropics throughout the season, which will run till the end of November. And on this opening day, we do have one active Pacific disturbance, located about 1100 miles southwest of the southern Baja California peninsula, but this system is not expected to develop into a tropical cyclone. For more details today and every day, come and see the show at www.hurricanes.gov.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun May 15, 2016 11:49 am

a few rain clouds this morning dripping a little rain. Nothing that even pooled. been humid for about a week now.

was in LaPaz yesterday, the road over the mountain they have a section that is about 5 miles paved now on both sides. It is from the top where the curves start heading to LaPaz all the way to where the old rumble strips were. Really makes this section that use to be the most dangerous, curves and such such a nice section, they have about 100 meters left on this section to pave of this section, they had finished a section from when i drove in to returned.

They have very recently ripped out another 1 km section of the road so they are continuing on and have another couple mile section that are close to being paved.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 7 Empty new walkway at san ysidro crossing north

Post by dean Fri May 13, 2016 8:57 am

El Chaparral-San Ysidro, this could be a pain if taking the trolley...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Pedestrian-Bridge-to-Open-at-El-Chaparral-San-Ysidro-Port-of-Entry-379270991.html

Pedestrian Bridge to Open at El Chaparral-San Ysidro Port of Entry
The Pedrestrian West Facility (PedWest) will open on July 15 for travelers coming to the U.S. from Mexico

for today,,,    - Page 7 Pedwest+Interior
A pedestrian bridge in San Ysidro will open in July at the El Chaparral port of entry, the Governments of Mexico and United States announced Thursday.
The Pedrestrian West Facility (PedWest) will begin processing travelers heading into the U.S. beginning on July 15.
CVPD: Parents Find Dead Newborn in Teen's Bed
Pedestrians can cross through the west side of the El Chaparral port of entry and reach the PedWest entry building as well as the new multimodal transit facility on Virginia Avenue.

Rendering of PedWest interior
The bridge will eventually allow southbound pedestrians to cross into Mexico and include a multimodal transit center in Tijuana.

Rendering of San Ysidro PedWest bridge
More than 50,000 vehicles and 25,000 pedestrians cross the border at the El Chaparral-San Ysidro port of entry every day.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Pedestrian-Bridge-to-Open-at-El-Chaparral-San-Ysidro-Port-of-Entry-379270991.html#ixzz48YCHsjNR
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 7 Empty Drone captures rare moment as whales take down juvenile shar

Post by dean Wed May 11, 2016 11:09 pm

Drone captures rare moment as whales take down juvenile shark

http://www.gizmag.com/drone-whales-shark-video/43262/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=1555eac5ed-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-1555eac5ed-90245106

humidity came back today...

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue May 10, 2016 11:37 pm

here is the new plaza sign and there was a dedication to it today at 11am with free pork tacos.   I was not there.

for today,,,    - Page 7 Sam_0216
for today,,,    - Page 7 Sam_0215
for today,,,    - Page 7 Sam_0214

There was a plan to do this years ago. A few stages with first stage is a plaza, next is a hotel, and then homes behind all of that. Not sure if they have the money for the first stage.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 7 Empty for today,,,

Post by dean Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 am

from facebook:
The Servicio Meteorológico Nacional in Mexico is forecasting a slightly above average hurricane season with 17 named storms, 9 of those becoming hurricanes, and 4 of those hurricanes becoming major storms of Category 3 or higher.

for today,,,    - Page 7 Captur14

dean

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7